Alice: The Madness Returns

LOBO3315a

Artificial Intelligence
Reaction score
Seriously hyped about this game. Tomorrow is the release date, and I'm very eager to play it.

Anyone else ordering it? Have you played the original one? Don't know what the heck I'm talking about?.

I played the first game. I enjoyed it but never finished it. I'm mildly excited about the sequel.

I'll check it out later, probably. Never played the first but knew of its existence. I believe if you buy this one new you actually get the original game free.

Yeah it's part of the bundle. I envy those of you who have never played the original. Amazing game!

I'm not sure it would hold up well in 2011.

Well, I started downloading it at aroud 8 AM, and when I went home to check in it around noon, it was 67% done.

Since things are leveling off on WOW for a few weeks till the next patch, I'll probably be dedicating a lot of my time to this game.

i'm really looking forward to this, plus the free download of the first game is a great idea

Well, after spending several hours fighting to get the game to run on my system, all I can say is OH MY GOD! The graphics are spectacular! The puzzles have the same feel as the original game, and they got the same voice actors for Cheshire and Alice. An amazing sequel so far! Hopefully the storyline holds up as well.

This game is already out!?! I needs me some money now so I can go buy it.

Quick Look: Alice: Madness Returns

And a review (4/5):

With a modestly dusted-up version of American McGee's Alice included alongside Madness Returns, it's that much easier to make the direct comparison between the two, and that much more apparent how much more playable Madness Returns is, regardless of era. The gameplay, however, is still a means to an aesthetic end for American McGee and his Spicy Horse studio. Even more vivid, corrupted imagery and dark ominous tones are sifted out of the internal monologue of a person clinging desperately to their sanity, and while the player's involvement often supports the angatonistic puzzlebox of a mind gone mad, the game spreads its tricks a little thin, leaving the player ready to move on before the game itself is.

The only real issue I've had are the key bindings not wanting to stay during certain battles. I went to the EA forums and since the game is built on the Unreal Engine, people have had their fingers in it. They now have several modifications posted to allow the key bindings to stick, and to change the frame rate.

Visually, the game is stunning. While it has it's own feel and flavor, it definitely is a sequel to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"