am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by spider-neil, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Damiean Dark

Damiean Dark Well-Known Member

Forget this extensive study rubbish all ledger will do is browse a few comics its not a rocket science. And all the studying in the world cant turn a good actor into a great one they either have the magic or they dont and ledger imo dont.

2. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

Read my sig.

3. Visionary

Visionary Well-Known Member

Regardless, Ledger's Joker is going to be measured and compared to Nicholson's Joker until the end of days.

4. batbat_29640

batbat_29640 Well-Known Member

5. Miranda Fox

Miranda Fox Haters to the Left.

FWIW, I actually like Returns a lot more than B89. I liked that the film actually dealt with duality and through that developed Bruce as a person. It has a lot of faults but overall I actually really enjoy it. :)

Begins FTW though. ;)

6. Crooklyn

Crooklyn Well-Known Member

I think this is the first time I've agreed with every single word you've said in a post. :o :up:

To this day, the Batman/Catwoman relationship is the best on-screen adaptation of any comic book couple imo. Shame no one else has really stepped up to the plate. :(

7. Miranda Fox

And in turn, I completely agree on that. The scene at the masked ball is terrific. Nothing has ever come close as far as comic book love interests go.

8. Crooklyn

"Does this mean we have to fight?"

Pheiffer was damn good. The character was butchered as far as origins go, but after that....Catwoman was straight from the comics as I had seen her. If there ever is another Selina Kyle, they've got their work cut out from them. I'd say Pheiffer pulled off her comic book counterpart better than even Keaton. She was just absolutely terrific. :up:

9. Miranda Fox

Word. :up:

10. Agentsands77

Agentsands77 Well-Known Member

Pfeifer was fantastic. The best thing about the Burton Batman films, IMO, and by far the most successful love interest in a comic book film.

You think so? Her personality, for the most part, yes, but she also had a much more schizophrenic edge than anything the comics had given us (not necessarily a bad thing - it gave the character a very interesting aspect, and made her the perfect love interest for Keaton's Batman/Wayne).

Oh, you bet. I'm all up for another Selina Kyle (in the Loeb mold), but I can't imagine whoever is cast ever really beating Pfeifer's Catwoman. She was just that good.

11. Crooklyn

I may have to watch the film again, it's been a while, but I always perceived Selina as pretty damn troubled. I'm sure Pheiffer channeled a more aggressive persona, but all in all I think Catwoman was translated well.

Catwoman: Oh... I would love to live with you in your castle forever... like in a fairy tale...
    [Batman caresses the back of her head]
    Catwoman: [she claws Batman on the cheek] But I just couldn't live with myself, so don't pretend this is a happy ending!

That about sums up the character for me. :up:

12. Agentsands77

Agentsands77 Well-Known Member

In the comics? Really? She seems fairly sane to me (especially the Loeb version, which seems to have become the dominant one in recent years).

I didn't mean more aggressive, just that her Catwoman is positively psychotic.

13. Keyser Sushi

Keyser Sushi Squirrel Baffle

Oh good, so I'm not crazy? Or... well, maybe I'm crazy, but not on that issue. :D

:up:

14. Keyser Sushi

15. Keyser Sushi

:wow:

Okay, you have a point. :o
    At least you agree it has faults. If you didn't... well, I'd like you anyway, but really. We'd have to talk. ;)

Word. :up:

16. batbat_29640

Miranda and Crooklyn you just said everythig i wanted to . So yeah to your 'word' I give my word. I loved every scene with Batman and Catwoman in Returns ! That's why I refuse to see that other Catwoman movie.
    When Ashley Judd was attached I might have given it my attention. When Judd was tossed for Berry I turned a cheek because I hated what she did to Storm in the second X-Men movie. Not to mention her Catwoman outfit was appalling.
    With that said I hope they decide to bring in Selina with this new franchise. I believe that in every Batman medium outside of comics that the whole Batman Catwoman story needs to be established. I for one feel that it is just as important to the Batman mythos as the Joker and TwoFace.

17. batbat_29640

[/QUOTE]
    LOL! Yeah man! I had the same question when I first saw the movie. I was like "What . . . we get to see em rig the Batmobile but not sneek into the Batcave?" But of course I always believed that with the way Penguin was portrayed as a sewer dweller that he and his Circus gang kept tabs on Batman's appearances in Gotham. One of the circus members could have drawn those blueprints. But I'm right there with you man. If that were the case they could have explained that in the movie. Would have been nothing to have a circus henchman sitting at a drafting table when Max Shreck had his first visit to the 'Underground Circus'. S'like it would have been nothing for Prof. Lupin to had a little bit of diologue with Harry Potter dealing with the Murauder's Map and the white stag pertronus.

18. Myrddin_Emrys

Myrddin_Emrys Well-Known Member

Jacks Joker was a travesty. It was almost as bad an interpretation than Keatons Batman.
    These films really did suck. Nothing was correct or 'nailed' about them in any shape or form. Total bollocks.

19. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

that doesn't make any sense though... I read in another interview that said he's reading Batman comics that deal with the Joker...

20. El Payaso

The thing is reading 600 comics won't give anyone instict or talent.

21. Nepenthes

Nepenthes Well-Known Member

he doesn't need to read comics, and in my opinion he should avoid most of them.

[Myrddin_Emrys=quote]Nothing was correct or 'nailed' about them in any shape or form.[/quote]

it's a bad habit to start exaggerating

22. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

I realize that, but can you at least give him the benefit of the doubt?

23. Miranda Fox

Which Heath has.

Nice to see you're being open-minded though. :whatever:

24. El Payaso

Any doubt about it? I mean, anyone?

25. Miranda Fox

Well...I'm a fan from way back so I am kind of biased. Your mileage may vary.