Iron Man 3 AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

For AMC, at least, Fandango isn't showing all of the showtimes but Moviefone.com is for some locations. Check that site for your location. If it's listed, you can buy tickets on the Moviefone site -- though the Fandango site processes the sales, oddly enough.

Oh, I'm doing regal. The closest AMC for me is in Va Beach...don't plan on driving that far down. Lol. I just got back from my theater, they're selling them, but no standard. Just the Imax 3D & Marathon, however I will check moviefone.:yay:

I'm sure it was negotiated. The normal asking price is 50-55% of the take, Disney was asking 60-65%. They probably settled somewhere in the middle.

Keep in mind this was not just about Iron Man, this was going to effect every future Disney release to come out, so Regal and AMC had very little bargaining room.

Actually they had a lot of bargaining room...if they decided they weren't going to show the movie Disney would be worst off than AMC and Regal. The theaters will still make money off the other films they are showing.

The theaters won:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...dispute-with-exhibitors-over-iron-man-3-.html

With the accords, Disney’s Marvel unit and the exhibitors avert a potentially costly dispute. The chains had resisted the studio’s demand for a bigger share of ticket sales.

Anyone going to the AMC marathon or work for them and have the lanyard? Can you post a picture?

If the theaters won, I need to know why my local tickets all went up buck starting with Iron Man 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"