AMC to Bring Dan Simmon's The Terror to Television

It's three at most if you count the double opener as two episodes.

Great episode. I’m really glad [BLACKOUT]Sir John died. He was a real A-hole.[/BLACKOUT]

Also. Was Hickey taking a dump in his ex-lover’s bed at the end?

Great episode. I’m really glad [BLACKOUT]Sir John died. He was a real A-hole.[/BLACKOUT]

Also. Was Hickey taking a dump in his ex-lover’s bed at the end?

I'm not sure whose bed it was. :p I thought most of the low guys slept in hammocks, only officers got beds.

They do plan to have monsters in this monster show, right? :( Because hearing about it isn't quite the same as actually seeing it.

But it would mean more if they actually showed that instead of just having a weasely guy just say that. :(

I don't know where you're at in the show but I'm at ep05 and [BLACKOUT]you see the bear[/BLACKOUT].

I don't know where you're at in the show but I'm at ep05 and [BLACKOUT]you see the bear[/BLACKOUT].
The episode last night was the one where Hickey got lashed for abusing Lady Silence. Hickey had described her interactions with the beast, but they hadn't actually showed it, which was disappointing to me. I've read the book so I know how things are supposed to go. I was just hoping they would show more than they have. :(

I just checked, [BLACKOUT]you will see in ep05, it's not much but you see things[/BLACKOUT].

How are you getting episodes early?

Damn that was intense! I love this show.

I feel bad for Crozier. I was starting to dislike him, but he really stepped up in the end and decided to do what was right. His withdrawal is going to be brutal. No medication to ease the symptoms. Just cold turkey in a frozen hell.

With plenty more to come I hope. He's about as scummy as it gets. :p

Hickey might be a piece of crap but on the other hand he seemed truly caring for some of his mates, [blackout] he comforted the guy who was scared to carry the corpse to the ship hold, he helped saved the crew from burning and other little things I don't remember[/blackout].
What I liked about him was his keen sense of observation and deduction.

He just comes across as an opportunist and a generally manipulative little ****.

I hated Hickey so much. He ruined everything. Well, he made it far worse than it had to be.

so was he actually gay along with the other sailor?

This show is so damn good man. That last episode was intense as hell, and even though we know the outcome I still have no idea what's going to happen next and I love it. This is survival horror at it's best IMO.

What a bleak and intense show. You could never see anything like this in the theaters these days.

Amazing cast and production values too. Jared Harris is such an amazing and underrated talent. I'm not a big awards guy, but I have no idea how he hasn't won some major awards yet.

I really loved it when they got him to play Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes rather than a bigger name star.

Other than them changing some book things, I cant say one bad thing about this show myself. :)

Absolutely loving this drama at the moment. Intense, atmospheric, quality actors and production values.

Probably the biggest change from the book:

Tuunbaq has gone from being a malevolent evil entity that the shamans try to ward off from humans to being a sort of protector and spirit beast for the Inuit who punishes those who harm them.

The creature even growls and "sings" like Silna and gives her food.

Did that change bother anyone else? I think it makes sense. It makes things a little more complex.

Probably the biggest change from the book:

Tuunbaq has gone from being a malevolent evil entity that the shamans try to ward off from humans to being a sort of protector and spirit beast for the Inuit who punishes those who harm them.

The creature even growls and "sings" like Silna and gives her food.

Did that change bother anyone else? I think it makes sense. It makes things a little more complex.

I prefer the original premise because it seemed more mysterious, but not enough to really complain about it. Everything else is just too good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"