AMC to Bring Dan Simmon's The Terror to Television

Watched the finale. As good as the show was, they changed too much and ruined the ending. :(

Watched the finale. As good as the show was, they changed too much and ruined the ending. :(

There's quite a bit of stuff they changed throughout the show. Wasn't the carnival totally different as well?

Can only imagine at the time how the families and relatives of these people felt. 129 men just vanished off the face of the earth. Other than the three who died early in the voyage who's graves they found, they don't know what happened to them at all. This was in Victorian England. Fear of the unknown must've been insane.

Yup. :( That I didn't mind as much because the end result was still the same. With the ending and in some Pisces they took out all the spiritual stuff. That was what I liked best about the book. How Crozier became a shaman.

If Terror continues, it will be an anthology series based around real-life historical events like this where they will probably work in some type of horror element.

Reddit seems to be pointing to Alma Katsu's The Hunger as the best candidate for season 2. Ridley Scott owns the production rights for it already. Not saying that's what they are going to do, but if they do make another season, it looks like there are options.

If Terror continues, it will be an anthology series based around real-life historical events like this where they will probably work in some type of horror element.

Reddit seems to be pointing to Alma Katsu's The Hunger as the best candidate for season 2. Ridley Scott owns the production rights for it already. Not saying that's what they are going to do, but if they do make another season, it looks like there are options.

A supernatural take on the Donner party would be great. Or they could adapt Dan Simmons other book The Abominable. Or they could do a season based on the Dyatlov Pass incident.

I'd be happy to watch that. :D

Season 2.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/terror-renewed-world-war-ii-themed-second-season-at-amc-1122368

The basic cable network has renewed the anthology from Ridley Scott for a World War II-themed second season with a new cast and creative team.

The series, AMC's first anthology, will be set during World War II and center on an uncanny specter that menaces a Japanese-American community from its home in Southern California to the internment camps to the war in the Pacific.

Season two is co-created and exec produced by Alexander Woo (True Blood) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla), with the former poised to serve as showrunner. Season two will return in 2019 with 10 all new episodes. Woo, who has an overall deal with AMC, and Borenstein take over from Soo Hugh and David Kajganich, who served as co-showrunners on season one. The idea for season two is based on an idea from Borenstein.

Glad the show is continuing. And I might change my mind, but that premise doesn't sound as compelling as a fictionalized take on a real-life historical voyage that completely mysteriously disappeared.

Is the bear coming back too? :p

The location sounds interesting, but appears like it's gonna be an entirely different show.

In a way, it reminds me of what The Pacific was to Band of Brothers, though The Pacific did still have some of the creative minds from Band of Brothers involved.

Gotta say the story for season 2 doesn't excite me at all, but hopefully some marketing will change my mind.

I'll give it a watch. :D

Cool, although I'm not particularly excited about season 2 since it's basically an entirely new show both in front of and behind the camera.

I just finished the first season after dropping it after the slow second episode. Man, what a ride it was. Probably my favorite show of the year along with Daredevil. Just amazing.

I liked Season 2 quite a bit overall, but I really do hope they go back to the isolation horror of the first season. That stuff it way more appealing to me than the J-horror stuff they did with this past season which just wasn't nearly as interesting IMO, but maybe that's just me.

Jon Bernthal is in talks to star, according to Jeff Sneider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"