American Sports- How global are they?

Actually crazy as it sounds the winner of the European Chapionship plays the South American Champion.... The thing is The European Championship and the Southa American Championships are based on the standings in the individual nations league. We also have another Cup competieion in Europe for our national cup winners. In England whilst the League is most important domestically we have several important Cup competitions. The FA Cup has what you would call minor league teams competing in the early stages.

Whatever... and people call America sports complicated...

I have this whole sports package on my cable so I get the soccer(football) from the Premier League and all that....I like Liverpool simply because every time I have turned a premier league game on they have been the team playing and they seem to have fans that sing a lot....my buddy from our UK office is a Chelsea fan

NBA and NHL expanding globally will never happen. You can't have a world league representing every part of the country where basketball is played... there would be a hundred teams. The Olympics and the World championships is more than enough... same goes for the NHL. Club tournaments in the NBA and NHL are pointless as well since the best teams play in North America. Plus I don't get how it makes scheduling easier. Heck they don't have global club tournaments in any sport for that matter. Imagine they expanded European's Champions League and took club winner of the MLS and soccer league champion from Brazi, Mexico and what not... it would never work.

"Divsion" not "League" or "conference". There would be 5 or 6 European cities that would make up a division. Due to the timezone differences teams would have to fly over and stay for two weeks and play all their games against the European teams and vice versa. It wouldn't be fair if one team in Spain who had to travel constantly in North America. By setting up a European division it helps with scheduling for the European teams and existing franchises.

NBA Commish David Stern has said that expansion into Europe isn't for right now but is open to it in the future. They've tapped out North America essentially. If there is $$$, they will go. Doesn't mean it will succeed but it will be attempted.

The NBA beat the NHL to certain American markets so the NHL is also looking at Europe. What will probably happen with the NHL is having the first major pro sport team in Las Vegas.

It is slower...link works on my side. Try this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUk7KbaiTPw

Not bad and yes it is slower and has more stoppages. That hit doesn't really match some of those I showed where players are actually dropped on their heads at speed with no padding and you might well have a 275 pounder hitting someone of 190 pounds. You do know that their is no blocking in rugby; No line to protect you from the 15 guys staring you down; You take them on and then all your guys ram into your back to keep possession of the ball; Their is no clock stop, two forty minute halves and no breaks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gz0_An6RH5k&feature=related

The last ones on the one above here will shock you. You have guys being taken out in the air.:wow:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvMFHXcd0yQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tc0Ut5y-GRc&feature=related

As I said no padding required

By way of detente cordial; Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMs-hWvGNM&feature=related

Whatever... and people call America sports complicated...

The thing is given the numbers of people who play our Leagues have to be this complicated. Rugby is almost the same. People want to play each other. City against City, Region against Region, Nation against Nation, Continent against Continent.

"Divsion" not "League" or "conference". There would be 5 or 6 European cities that would make up a division. Due to the timezone differences teams would have to fly over and stay for two weeks and play all their games against the European teams and vice versa. It wouldn't be fair if one team in Spain who had to travel constantly in North America. By setting up a European division it helps with scheduling for the European teams and existing franchises.
NBA Commish David Stern has said that expansion into Europe isn't for right now but is open to it in the future. They've tapped out North America essentially. If there is $$$, they will go. Doesn't mean it will succeed but it will be attempted.

The NBA beat the NHL to certain American markets so the NHL is also looking at Europe. What will probably happen with the NHL is having the first major pro sport team in Las Vegas.

In our Divisions you have up to twenty six teams per Division! I hope it happens re: The NHL!

Not bad and yes it is slower and has more stoppages. That hit doesn't really match some of those I showed where players are actually dropped on their heads at speed with no padding and you might well have a 275 pounder hitting someone of 190 pounds. You do know that their is no blocking in rugby; No line to protect you from the 15 guys staring you down; You take them on and then all your guys ram into your back to keep possession of the ball; Their is no clock stop, two forty minute halves and no breaks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gz0_An6RH5k&feature=related

The last ones on the one above here will shock you. You have guys being taken out in the air.:wow:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvMFHXcd0yQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tc0Ut5y-GRc&feature=related

As I said no padding required

By way of detente cordial; Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMs-hWvGNM&feature=related

Hmmm sorry....some of our best athletes play American football..and yes American football is a faster sport. They wear helmets, so they wont have serious head trauma because of the speed, Rugby is just a slower sport. As you cant see American football players play with a reckless abandonment unlike Rugby players i have notice watching some of those tackles they never lead a tackle....so ya they hold back...American football you go in full speed.

Hmmm sorry....some of our best athletes play American football..and yes American football is a faster sport. They wear helmets, so they wont have serious head trauma because of the speed, Rugby is just a slower sport. As you cant see American football players play with a reckless abandonment unlike Rugby players i have notice watching some of those tackles they never lead a tackle....so ya they hold back...American football you go in full speed.

You don't see American football players lifted and dropped on there heads, the tackles looked harder in rugby to me.
HabanaTacklesSANZ105.jpg
Lateral tackles are far more like to put shear forces on the joints and neck. This is why you guys have blockers, to avoid that. In rugby it's almost all broken play running.

The likes of Jonah Lomu are 270 pounds and have around a 10 second one hundred metres. Gatlin may have been slightly faster, debateable as he ran much shorter distances. His mass is far less. That's the thing in Gridiron the big men have much lower velocities. Some of your best Athletes? That's cool. These are some of the best Athletes in multiple nations, France, Britain, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina etc. etc. The padding is worn why? In a ruck people get whats called a shoeing... It only became illegal a few years ago but, still happens all the time. This is where studs are used to rake the ball and players. No padding but you get this.

i_love_rugby_2.jpg

Padding also prevents this type of totally illegal but very common tackle.

rugby.jpg

You don't see American football players lifted and dropped on there heads, the tackles looked harder in rugby to me.
HabanaTacklesSANZ105.jpg
Lateral tackles are far more like to put shear forces on the joints and neck. This is why you guys have blockers, to avoid that. In rugby it's almost all broken play running.

The likes of Jonah Lomu are 270 pounds and have around a 10 second one hundred metres. Gatlin may have been slightly faster, debateable as he ran much shorter distances. His mass is far less. That's the thing in Gridiron the big men have much lower velocities. Some of your best Athletes? That's cool. These are some of the best Athletes in multiple nations, France, Britain, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina etc. etc. The padding is worn why? In a ruck people get whats called a shoeing... It only became illegal a few years ago but, still happens all the time. This is where studs are used to rake the ball and players. No padding but you get this.

i_love_rugby_2.jpg

Padding also prevents this type of totally illegal but very common tackle.

rugby.jpg

That is not impressive to me, kinda seems like they are wresting like i said you should know if you can get picked up, and slammed then you are to SLOW....hell i played back-yard American football without pads when i was a kid...and that is what Rugby is, just a back-yard version of American football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"