America's Next Top Model-Cycle 10

I'm volunteering for a charity fashion show Monday night. The clothes will be made out of chocolate and apparently a couple of the models will be from ANTM but I don't won't know what season until maybe Sun. during orientation or Mon. the day of the event.

Cool stuff. :eek::up:

Bring a camera with you. I'd love a pic of Toccara nibbling on one of the outfits. :oldrazz:

Cool stuff. :eek::up:

Bring a camera with you. I'd love a pic of Toccara nibbling on one of the outfits. :oldrazz:

I'm trying to decide if I can still do this. I've been having some major coughing/hacking bouts while recovering from the flu. I'd hate to be around all that food coughing. I should know by Saturday if I'm better. :csad:

This is the event. I'm hoping the group I volunteer for posts pictures.

http://www.onebrick.org/eventdetails.asp?EventID=4150

Help with Sweet Charity, a Chocolate Fashion Show!!
When:
Monday, May 05, 2008 - 5:00PM to 9:00PM
Where:
The Mandarin Oriental - 1330 Maryland Ave SW, Washington

Clothes. Chocolate. Clothes made out of chocolate!

Please help us make the seventh annual Sweet Charity event a success. This unique event is host to a CHOCOLATE FASHION SHOW with celebrity models, More than forty award-winning chefs, Sweet & savory demonstrations, Mind-bending chocolate sculptures, Tasting stations, Silent auction (including sports memorabilia, wine, food, theater tickets, etc.). Honorary Event Chair: Mrs. Michele Fenty, First Lady of Washington DC and Event Chair: Charrisse Jackson-Jordan, President, National Basketball Wives Association, Behind the Bench.

As volunteers our tasks will be:
· Manage VIP area · Manage silent auction tables · Assist with registration · Assist with silent auction check-out · Greet guests · Help collect bidding paddles during live auction · Assist backstage with fashion show · Serve as runner for chefs

All volunteers will receive time off to sample chef tables (not the chocolate dresses!) - shifts are staggered so that responsibilities don't go to the wayside.
About The Heart of America Foundation:

Founded in 1997, HOA’s mission is to teach the values at the heart of America and to help people, particularly children, learn that they help themselves when they help others. Their goal is to give children everywhere the tools they need to read, succeed and make a difference. Their programs combine character education, literacy, and service learning. The Heart of America Foundation® is a national, nonsectarian, non-partisan, nonprofit, humanitarian organization. Through their programs and community partnerships, The Heart of America Foundation offers opportunities for communities and individuals to make a difference in the lives of children.

Zagat Article on the event

More Chocolate: Sweet Charity Event
Dessert Dress
Edible couture from 2007

In addition to the chocolate-themed openings coming this spring, there's also an event that chocolate-lovers shouldn't miss. Held at the Mandarin Oriental on Monday, May 5th, Sweet Charity benefits The Heart of America Foundation’s program that gives books to needy children. The highlight of the party will be a fashion show of edible couture created from chocolate and candy; there will also be sculptures made of chocolate, marzipan and sugar. Yes, guests will get to eat sweets, too, at the walk-around tasting featuring desserts from top local pastry chefs like Chris Kajula of Kinkead’s and Joseph Poupon of Patisserie Poupon (6–9 PM; $85 per person; $95 per person if purchased after May 2nd; 1330 Maryland Ave. SW; 202-347-6278; tickets are on sale at www.heartofamerica.org).

I'm doing it next year. :mad: :csad:

Oh no, my Katarzyna was elimianted! So shocked. She should have been in the finale.

Why do I have a feeling Anya might win. She's doing so good but I dont want her as the winner. I cant get past her voice
Yeah I was kinda shocked when she left, but I still didn't want Whitney to leave.

Congratulations Whitney. Finally Tyra picked the big girl. Im happy for her

I'm happy too. I would've prefered her or Anya, so it's all good. Although I still think Dominque she have been in the final three, not Fatima.

Dang, theres another Top Model controversy this year. They are saying that Whitney was prepicked to be the winner and told to gain 10-20 pounds so that she could be this year's plus size girl. There are pics of her here looking much slimmer before ANTM and they said she lied on camera about always being big and teased for being fat

http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2008/05/a-damn-good-job.html#more

I saw those pics and wondered why she was so skinny. Damn Tyra, why you be so crooked?

Damnit! First Saleisha, and now her. This sucks.

Thanks. That chocolate fairy outfit sure looked sticky. :cool:

Which ANTM models showed up for the show?

Dang, theres another Top Model controversy this year. They are saying that Whitney was prepicked to be the winner and told to gain 10-20 pounds so that she could be this year's plus size girl. There are pics of her here looking much slimmer before ANTM and they said she lied on camera about always being big and teased for being fat

http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2008/05/a-damn-good-job.html#more

482c4a1e60573a66.jpg

482c92f41efde020.jpg

^^ Whitney looking not so plus size.

Oh well, plus model or normal (whatever that means), Whitney was the best of the final girls.

I'm still shocked that Kat didn't make the finals or for that matter that she got booted before Dominique. That was sooooo wrong. :cmad:

Thanks. That chocolate fairy outfit sure looked sticky. :cool:

Which ANTM models showed up for the show?

Don't know, I was still getting over the flu so I didn't go. I haven't spoken to the volunteer coordinator to ask her.

482c4a1e60573a66.jpg

482c92f41efde020.jpg

^^ Whitney looking not so plus size.

Oh well, plus model or normal (whatever that means), Whitney was the best of the final girls.

I'm still shocked that Kat didn't make the finals or for that matter that she got booted before Dominique. That was sooooo wrong. :cmad:

me 2, I wanted the top 3 to be Dom, Kat and Whit, with any of them winning

I doubt they'd create a plus sized models when there are many already out there, plus these pics don't prove that she's thin, she looks like she's sucking in her stomach, maybe she grew up thick, lost some weight to model, but couldn't get down small enough, I mean look at her arms and legs, their not boney, but rubenesque like they are on the show

You know, with the rumors of the CW's demise, next season could be the final season of the show on CW. Although it's likely to be picked up by another network if the CW folds. I could see NBC picking this show up and putting it on Bravo or something.

You know, with the rumors of the CW's demise, next season could be the final season of the show on CW. Although it's likely to be picked up by another network if the CW folds. I could see NBC picking this show up and putting it on Bravo or something.

OMG that would be amazing...PROJECT RUNWAY/ANTM CROSSOVER!!!! :grin:

IDK, isn't it the Networks biggest show right now, or one of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"