Amnesia

Buttman

Son Of The Demon
Reaction score
...Why?

Almost everyone involved in the production blamed the lack of time for Venom and character development and a real plot on trying to fit too much in and not having time for things. So why in God's name is Harry "killed" off (I was actually really shocked by this, it was far more tragic than his actual death--I actually turned to my buddy and went "Wow, that was really brave.." in regards to them killing him so early) only to get amnesia, turn into a good guy, turn into a bad guy, then turn back into a good guy and sacrifice himself in a fairly weak scene? Amnesia is such a god awful idea, it's so cliched and so stupid.

I hear many complaints about Spidey 3, but nobody ever picks on the amnesia for some reason which I've always found as dumb as the dancing or news reporters.

Amnesia was always big part of the Green Goblin mythos (both for Norman and Harry).

It was. ^

God forbid if they should follow the comics at all.

The amnesia plot was one of the few things I liked about SM-3. It showed us what Harry would be like if he was never consumed by the rage to avenge his father's death.

He had an almost child like happiness and innocence about him.

Yea the amnesia was there to remind the viewers of the friendship Peter and Harry had.

...Why?

I hear many complaints about Spidey 3, but nobody ever picks on the amnesia for some reason which I've always found as dumb as the dancing or news reporters.

Because Harry (including his amnesia) was the best thing about Spider-Man 3.

To me, everything about the Harry story arc were the only things well done in the film. I enjoyed the film and give it a thumbs up, solely on the Harry stuff and the performance by Franco. Just about every scene he was in was gold. It's the reason I can tolerate the rest of the film.

^
Couldn't have said it better.
The amnesia (although in a different, and more deserving of a serious approach, situation, I would’ve agreed it’s a boring cliché) was necessary for Harry's character to be able to look into his own soul without any revenge driven distractions. And subsequently that could have an impact on his reasoning near the end and so he could finally come full circle.
Best fleshed out character in the whole trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"