An email smearing Obama I got today

Do we know where the email is actually from......could be from Hillary....:dry:

when the issue of him attending a muslim school as a child initially came up a few months ago it was initially credited to the clinton campaign but was later discovered that a partisan republican group was the source of the story.

But I actually see a Clinton/Obama ticket on the democratic side......as far as the Republican side......depends on who is willing to go the V-P route.....probably a Guiliani/Thompson ticket, or vice versa.....thats the only Republican ticket that even has a chance against a Clinton/Obama ticket....

i agree, though i don't think we'll see clinton and obama on the same ticket.

I actually watch Fox news, as well as CNN news, CNBC, and listen to NPR on the road.......I don't think I'm a dolt? and I don't "eat" anything up that I hear or see......I simply look at all sides, and go from there....

exactly. you don't get your source solely from fox "news", so you're not one of the people i was referring to as a "dolt". however, it's no secret that fox news attracts the least informed viewers and is one of the least reputable sources in mainstream media.

"What to Athiests scream when they ***?" -- Bill Hicks

But seriously, I hear ya. It just screams some fundamentalist Christian who hates anyone who prays to a different god then them.

"Oh my Darwin!" :huh:

But yeah, we're just as bad as those extremist Muslims. Just the other day my buddy suicide bombed a church. :whatever:

when the issue of him attending a muslim school as a child initially came up a few months ago it was initially credited to the clinton campaign but was later discovered that a partisan republican group was the source of the story.

i agree, though i don't think we'll see clinton and obama on the same ticket.

exactly. you don't get your source solely from fox "news", so you're not one of the people i was referring to as a "dolt". however, it's no secret that fox news attracts the least informed viewers and is one of the least reputable sources in mainstream media.

Really? hmmmm.....ok.

Really? hmmmm.....ok.

yep, look it up. there was a study done about viewers of the o'reilly factor compared to viewers of other news/talk shows like the daily show that concluded that o'reilly's viewers were less informed on current events than the viewers of the other programs.

check out the documentary "outfoxed" for a great deconstruction of fox's agenda.

Yeah I'd kinda like to see the study that was done on Fox New's viewers myself...

yep, look it up. there was a study done about viewers of the o'reilly factor compared to viewers of other news/talk shows like the daily show that concluded that o'reilly's viewers were less informed on current events than the viewers of the other programs.

check out the documentary "outfoxed" for a great deconstruction of fox's agenda.

I would need to know who put the documentary together.....

I have alot of teacher friends that are avid Fox News viewers.....I have great discussions with them.....

You see, I have a problem with the motive of ALL NEWS CHANNELS....not just Fox, CNN has an agenda, CNBC has an agenda, they ALL have an agenda........call me cynical......but I don't trust any of them as a whole.

So your comment about Fox News is limited only to one show on that channel, and not a news show but an opinion show?

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism is a 2004 documentary film by progressive filmmaker Robert Greenwald that is highly critical of the Fox News Channel, and its owner, Rupert Murdoch, claiming that the channel is used to promote and advocate right-wing views. The film says this pervasive bias contradicts the channel's claim of being "Fair and Balanced", and argues that Fox News has been engaging in what amounts to consumer fraud.

The documentary wasn't released theatrically, but was distributed in DVD format by the liberal political action group MoveOn.org, and sold online through Internet retailers such as Amazon.com (where it had been a top-seller). MoveOn.org had helped promote the DVD release by taking out a full-page advertisement in the New York Times.[1]

Criticism
Fox charged that four of the sources used by the film were inaccurately represented as formerly holding high level positions such as producers or anchors. According to Fox, a number of these sources had in fact either worked for independently-run affiliate stations or held different positions to those claimed by Greenwald. For example, Jon Du Pre is listed as a former anchor. However, his employment history showed him to be a reporter for the channel's Los Angeles bureau whose contract was not renewed due to performance issues. Similarly, Clara Frenk was not a producer but a pool booker at the Washington Bureau who "never voiced any concerns about the editorial process", according to the Channel. Fox also pointed out that Frenk had been a volunteer for Bill Clinton's 1992 Presidential campaign.[4][5]

Another source, Joseph A. Cafasso, who was former military and counter-terrorism consultant for Fox News, appears briefly in the film during the section about apparent religious bias at the network. However, Cafasso had left the network because he had grossly misrepresented his military record.[6]

Howard Kurtz of the Washington Post praised Greenwald's uncovering of "...a handful of memos from a top Fox executive", which he argued suggested Network bias over Iraq and the September 11 investigation. However, Kurtz was highly critical of how Greenwald's allegations relied on "orders, or attitudes, of an unnamed 'they'...", and attacked the filmmaker as making "...no effort at fairness or balance himself. Not only did he avoid contacting Fox, and indulge in some misleading editing, but the film also features a parade of the network's liberal detractors."[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outfoxed

Not the most credible of sources...

I would need to know who put the documentary together.....

as stated below, it was a film maker named robert greenwald. regardless of who made it, i highly recommend watching it.

I have alot of teacher friends that are avid Fox News viewers.....I have great discussions with them.....

good for them, but chances are they aren't as informed as you think they are if that's their main source of news.

You see, I have a problem with the motive of ALL NEWS CHANNELS....not just Fox, CNN has an agenda, CNBC has an agenda, they ALL have an agenda........call me cynical......but I don't trust any of them as a whole.

the problem with fox is that they present themselves as being "fair and balanced" and are anything but. it's false advertising. i challenge you to find a mainstream media source that's as biased as fox "news".

So your comment about Fox News is limited only to one show on that channel, and not a news show but an opinion show?

that was one example. here's some more:

http://www.journalism.org/node/5719

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070613/LIFE/706130330/1005

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32631-2005Mar13.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2007/01/obama.html

the first two deal with lack of coverage of the iraq war compared to other mainstream media (msm) outlets. the third deals with a study that alleges that fox news presents opinions as news content in their non-opinion newscasts. the forth mentions the "unintentional" mix-up of barack obama and osama bin laden in a story about bin laden. the same article also mentions that a member of the "Fox and Friends" morning news show was the first to present the false obama/muslim story.

aside from those examples, just watch their programming at any point in the day. they're well known for using graphics at the bottom of the screen that state things like these:

fox-obamachicken.jpg

fox-legislatingdefeat.jpg

if that's not biased, opinion-based reporting then i don't know what is.

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism is a 2004 documentary film by progressive filmmaker Robert Greenwald that is highly critical of the Fox News Channel, and its owner, Rupert Murdoch, claiming that the channel is used to promote and advocate right-wing views. The film says this pervasive bias contradicts the channel's claim of being "Fair and Balanced", and argues that Fox News has been engaging in what amounts to consumer fraud.

The documentary wasn't released theatrically, but was distributed in DVD format by the liberal political action group MoveOn.org, and sold online through Internet retailers such as Amazon.com (where it had been a top-seller). MoveOn.org had helped promote the DVD release by taking out a full-page advertisement in the New York Times.[1]

Criticism
Fox charged that four of the sources used by the film were inaccurately represented as formerly holding high level positions such as producers or anchors. According to Fox, a number of these sources had in fact either worked for independently-run affiliate stations or held different positions to those claimed by Greenwald. For example, Jon Du Pre is listed as a former anchor. However, his employment history showed him to be a reporter for the channel's Los Angeles bureau whose contract was not renewed due to performance issues. Similarly, Clara Frenk was not a producer but a pool booker at the Washington Bureau who "never voiced any concerns about the editorial process", according to the Channel. Fox also pointed out that Frenk had been a volunteer for Bill Clinton's 1992 Presidential campaign.[4][5]

Another source, Joseph A. Cafasso, who was former military and counter-terrorism consultant for Fox News, appears briefly in the film during the section about apparent religious bias at the network. However, Cafasso had left the network because he had grossly misrepresented his military record.[6]

Howard Kurtz of the Washington Post praised Greenwald's uncovering of "...a handful of memos from a top Fox executive", which he argued suggested Network bias over Iraq and the September 11 investigation. However, Kurtz was highly critical of how Greenwald's allegations relied on "orders, or attitudes, of an unnamed 'they'...", and attacked the filmmaker as making "...no effort at fairness or balance himself. Not only did he avoid contacting Fox, and indulge in some misleading editing, but the film also features a parade of the network's liberal detractors."[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outfoxed

Not the most credible of sources...

if those are true it's unfortunate, but i still highly recommend watching the film. they interview plenty of other former fox news employees and even obtained some internal memos that prove that their president, roger ailes, dictates the daily agenda and cherry picks and manipulates their coverage to suit the conservative agenda. here's what wikipedia says about that:

wikipedia.com said:
As with many news sources, Fox News executives exert a degree of editorial control over the content of their daily reporting. In the case of Fox News, some of this control comes in the form of daily memos issued by Fox News' Vice President of News, John Moody. Critics of Fox News cite these memos as evidence of a conservative bias in Fox News reporting, and claim that information in these memos duplicates Republican talking points.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel

that's pretty despicable. it's the opposite of journalism to present opinion as hard news and to manipulate it to fit a specific agenda, and apparently that's fox's main m.o.

he was not sworn in on a koran, was he?

ummmm....ok

if he did...thats his religion. we have checks n balances for a reason.

I'm an independent.....I tend to be fiscally conservative, but socially liberal........I've voted predominantly democrat at the state level........and I'm pretty much split on congressional races.......unfortunately in the last 2presidential elections, I haven't voted FOR anyone, I've voted AGAINST someone.....I don't like having that feeling in the voting booth......I don't think I'll have that problem this time around......

Yeah, I'm somewhat the same--socially liberal, fiscally moderate. And all poltictions are liars and ****es. :cmad:

wow I can't believe people actully think like that :csad:

It's freaky, because normally he's pretty smart, but if you even mention the word "Muslim" he starts ranting and raving. :dry:

"Oh my Darwin!" :huh:

But yeah, we're just as bad as those extremist Muslims. Just the other day my buddy suicide bombed a church. :whatever:

While most would argue that those who do suicide bombings and members of Al-Queda are, in fact, talking about an extremely warped version of the Muslim faith, I'm not saying that the Muslims are better then others or whatever the f**k you're talking about. :huh:

he was not sworn in on a koran, was he?

No, but some different senator has.

it's no secret that fox news attracts the least informed viewers and is one of the least reputable sources in mainstream media.

LOL! I'm sorry, but that has got to be the most ridiculas thing I've heard in a while. Please, stop drinking the kool-aid.

.... and btw, there will never be a Clinton/Obama ticket. That's just wishful thinking.

After Democratic victory in 2006: "Be on the lookout for any statements from the Iraqi insurgents...thrilled at the prospect of a Dem controlled Congress." Fox reporter Martha MacCallum then went on air and claimed terrorists were dancing in the street, with no proof.

On George W. Bush, during 2004 campaign: "His political courage and tactical cunning are worth noting in our reporting through the day."

On US troops dying in Iraq: "Do not fall into the easy trap of mourning the loss of US lives and asking out loud why are we there? The US is in Iraq to help a country brutalized for 30 years protect the gains made by Operation Iraqi Freedom and set it on the path to democracy." Fox anchor Brit Hume then commented on-air about 2000 American deaths in Iraq: "By historic standards, these casualties are negligible

After Democratic victory in 2006: "Be on the lookout for any statements from the Iraqi insurgents...thrilled at the prospect of a Dem controlled Congress." Fox reporter Martha MacCallum then went on air and claimed terrorists were dancing in the street, with no proof.

On George W. Bush, during 2004 campaign: "His political courage and tactical cunning are worth noting in our reporting through the day."

On US troops dying in Iraq: "Do not fall into the easy trap of mourning the loss of US lives and asking out loud why are we there? The US is in Iraq to help a country brutalized for 30 years protect the gains made by Operation Iraqi Freedom and set it on the path to democracy." Fox anchor Brit Hume then commented on-air about 2000 American deaths in Iraq: "By historic standards, these casualties are negligible
Why? Why do you keep giving me more reasons to hate FOX News?

if he did...thats his religion. we have checks n balances for a reason.

you know even if he was a muslim why would that be a bad thing. I thought america was a land of freedom. Its funny how so many people claim to believe in that but yet wouldn't vote for a president who wasn't an upper class, midle aged white male christian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"