And you thought the crap marvel have been spouting so far was bad

hippy fascist

Avenger
Reaction score
Here from one of marvel's worst offenders when it comes to delays are the thoughts of Brain Hitch as posted on the millar world forums RE marvels decision to delay pretty much half their current line-up

hitch said:
It's also their CHOICE. Marvel had the choice to get a fill-in or even a little help. Mark and Steve both expected it by this stage and were okay with it. NOBODY on the creative end of MCW asked Marvel to do what they have done. This came from Marvel because of how they feel about it and because THEY want Mark and Steve together until the end. McN isn't drastically behind and they gave him some breathing room to sneak past the finish. Great. Hoorah.

On a world scale of events this really shouldn't register on your give-a-****-o'metres. Why not all go out and lose your virginity or something?

Hitchy

Why am I even posting? Good god, a moment of clarity!

Why does it not surprise me that an artist on one of marvel's most delayed books of the last few years would chime in with such a response. At least Millar and McNiven had the decency to apologise, this prick's just taking angry fans and baiting them some more.

If I want to come on the internet and have a rant I bloody well will (I haven't posted in that thread yet 'cause they just spend their days licking millars arse) **** Hitch, ultimates just left my pull list for good. I'm not gonna line the pockets of an ******** who comes online and slags off the very people who PAY HIS WAGES just because we're voicing our displeasure over a colossal case of bad management. I'm done with him :down:cmad::down:cmad::down:cmad:

I know this is a rant but for god's sake have some respect for your fans and let them voice their opinions

Final word: Wanker

Damn... Ultimates and Civil War are delayed... to hell with this... i'll catch you guys later, i'm gonna go lose my virginity.

hippy fascist said:
I know this is a rant but for god's sake have some respect for your fans and let them voice their opinions

I would assume hitch was responsding to the more angry and vocal fans that were pretty abusive over at the millarworld boards and not fans in general.

hippy fascist said:
(I haven't posted in that thread yet 'cause they just spend their days licking millars arse)

Frankly this is a blatant lie.
There is the standard creator worship but there is an awful lot of criticism of millar over at his own board.
Heck have you read all of the thread at millarworld (a brief read would show how blatant a lie the above quote is) or are you just cross posting to start another angry *****y thread for kicks?

actually I wasn't trying to start an angry thread, I've already said that Millar and McNiven's apology was greatly appreciated, but for an artist like hitch who is more guilty of lateness than most that attacking fans in this way is out of line. If fan's want to vent, let them vent. Comics are kept alive by forums and for him to go with the classic stereotype of you post on a forum and therefore you must live in your mom's basement and be a 30yr old virgin is insulting and unnecessary. If you're a football player you don't go round saying all football fans are agressive thugs and if you're a comic book artist you don't say people who come online to ***** about a pretty MAJOR **** UP are worthless, dateless losers. Millar and McNiven no problem, Marvel I am quite pissed with, HITCH...Well he can just go **** himself

hippy fascist said:
actually I wasn't trying to start an angry thread,

Absolute rubbish.
One look at the thread title readily confirms your intentions here. This was never going to be anything other than an angry thread.

hippy fascist said:
If fan's want to vent, let them vent. Comics are kept alive by forums and for him to go with the classic stereotype of you post on a forum and therefore you must live in your mom's basement and be a 30yr old virgin is insulting and unnecessary. If you're a football player you don't go round saying all football fans are agressive thugs and if you're a comic book artist you don't say people who come online to ***** about a pretty MAJOR **** UP are worthless, dateless losers. Millar and McNiven no problem, Marvel I am quite pissed with, HITCH...Well he can just go **** himself

Though I actually do agree with the thrust of your post here (if fans want to vent let them vent) that doesn;t make it gospel. The thread at millarworld was quite *****y and as the poster boy for lateness hitch was getting dragged in to it too, the creative teams are human like you and I so their tolerance for bull**** is probably similar too. These people are not priests they don't NEED to put up with lots of ill founded bashing (if I was in his position I would but thats me no thim).

Dare I suggest if artists want to vent let them vent?

OK, look at it like this all I'm saying here is, "the customer is always right" I used to run my own business doing club nights and if I got someone coming up to me a shouting there mouth off I would say... fine, let's address those issues and see if we can't find a way to incorporate what you think, you want these changes, I'll see what I can do, can do that, can't do that...but here's why I can't". A constructive response is fine by me which is why as I said I respected Millar and McNiven fro what they had to say, but if your boss (and in a medium like this the readers really are your "boss" came over and chewed a co-worker out for handing work in late that was going to cause major ramifications for the company would you come over and call him an ******** loser or would you try to rectify the situation by laying out a decent argument for why it was late thus supporting your friend whilst avoiding BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS.

I'm not having a go at you gildea and don't want this to be taken that way, so I just wanna say no hard feelings? :up:

I'm just pissed at the sheer level of cheek Hitch is showing here. If comic bbok readers are put off by this that means less sales so his and others job's are then put at risk, he shouldn't be adding to that, he should be seeking resolution.

People seem to think that *****ing about this is going over the top but if we all just go "oh it's ok keep dropping stuff in late" then this problem will get worse and worse. Sometimes a backlash of this nature can be a good thing because it will wake marvel and it's creative teams up to the fact that this kind of this is NOT acceptable. Not only that what about the artists and writers who DO manage to get their books out on time EVERY month, why should they and their readers have to suffer?

hippy fascist said:
OK, look at it like this all I'm saying here is, "the customer is always right" I used to run my own business doing club nights and if I got someone coming up to me a shouting there mouth off I would say... fine, let's address those issues and see if we can't find a way to incorporate what you think, you want these changes, I'll see what I can do, can do that, can't do that...but here's why I can't". A constructive response is fine by me which is why as I said I respected Millar and McNiven fro what they had to say, but if your boss (and in a medium like this the readers really are your "boss" came over and chewed a co-worker out for handing work in late that was going to cause major ramifications for the company would you come over and call him an ******** loser or would you try to rectify the situation by laying out a decent argument for why it was late thus supporting your friend whilst avoiding BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS.

I'm not having a go at you gildea and don't want this to be taken that way, so I just wanna say no hard feelings? :up:

I'm just pissed at the sheer level of cheek Hitch is showing here. If comic bbok readers are put off by this that means less sales so his and others job's are then put at risk, he shouldn't be adding to that, he should be seeking resolution.

none at all sir none at all :)

I should point out i do actually agree with what your saying !! :)

gildea said:
none at all sir none at all :)

I should point out i do actually agree with what your saying !! :)

yaay :D

BIG HUGS
hug.jpg

To be honest, I didn't see anything geatly offensive about what Hitch said. I think you're going a little to over the top, or reading too hard into his words.

He's just kind of saying stuff, and they're all truths. He's basically saying,

"A bunch of comics are late because Marvel WANTED to wait for Millar and McNiven to tell their story. And seeing as Marvel are getting them to restructure the ENTIRE Marvel universe, and the book is only a month late, is impressive. It's not the worst thing going on in the world."

You know, he saw his friends, (Millar and McNiven,) apologise immensely, only to find his friends still being insulted by loads of whiny fans. So lashed back on behalf of his friends, seeing as they didn't want to.

To be honest, I'm kind of on his side here. I've collected comics for donkeys, and have been in the comic store every week since I was like, 9. I wait for issues, and have something like 3000 comics. I dislike rude creators, but I dislike incredibly rude fan boys/girls more so. Some people can be really disgusting. I think he's aiming his comments more at those people, not people like us.

The fact of it is, yeah, some people need to get a life, and stop wishing bad things on people, just 'cause their book is running late. Go watch the news, go focus your negative energy on people who are ruining our countries, not people trying to entertain us

wolvie2020 said:
To be honest, I didn't see anything geatly offensive about what Hitch said. I think you're going a little to over the top, or reading too hard into his words.

He's just kind of saying stuff, and they're all truths. He's basically saying,

"A bunch of comics are late because Marvel WANTED to wait for Millar and McNiven to tell their story. And seeing as Marvel are getting them to restructure the ENTIRE Marvel universe, and the book is only a month late, is impressive. It's not the worst thing going on in the world."

To be honest, he saw his friends, (Millar and McNiven,) apologise immensely, only to find his friends still being insulted by loads of whiny fans. So lashed back on behalf of his friends, seeing as they didn't want to.

To be honest, I'm kind of on his side here. I've collected comics for donkeys, and have been in the comic store every week since I was like, 9. I wait for issues, and have something like 3000 comics. I dislike rude creators, but I dislike incredibly rude fan boys/girls more so. Some people can be really disgusting. I think he's aiming his comments more at those people, not people like us.

The fact of it is, yeah, some people need to get a life, and stop wishing bad things on people, just 'cause their book is running late. Go watch the news, go focus your negatove energy on people who are ruining our countries, not people trying to entertain us

I agree with some of what your saying but we need to get past this idea of you got bad service so put up with it. We pay three dollars a book(1/3-1/2 of which is ads these days) and for that we should be able to expect certain things. Also a lot of the people *****ing were people who don't read civil war and retailers who are taking a financial hit from this. Answer me this, why should someone who reads spidey/f4 regularly but don't read civil war have to go without their MONTHLY books for two months so civil war fans can be kept happy? Also from the point of view of the retailers if someone cut your monthly income down by a third even just for a few months (and possibly cost you a large chunk of your future wages [pissed off customers can sometimes take it out on the retailer you know]) wouldn't you be angry

Ultimately if you get **** service and don't complain you'll keep getting **** service and the reactions are severe but so is the screw up so it kind of balances out.

The sophomoric jab at the posters' virginity was unnecessary however you look at it. Like it or not, the guy is a professional artist and he's put his work and, if it becomes an issue, his work ethic up for public scrutiny. If he can't handle that scrutiny, lashing out at the people who buy his work is not the best way to go about things. Not to say, of course, that bashing him on an Internet message board is the best way for the fans to go about things, either.

hippy fascist said:
Here from one of marvel's worst offenders when it comes to delays are the thoughts of Brain Hitch as posted on the millar world forums RE marvels decision to delay pretty much half their current line-up

Why does it not surprise me that an artist on one of marvel's most delayed books of the last few years would chime in with such a response. At least Millar and McNiven had the decency to apologise, this prick's just taking angry fans and baiting them some more.

If I want to come on the internet and have a rant I bloody well will (I haven't posted in that thread yet 'cause they just spend their days licking millars arse) **** Hitch, ultimates just left my pull list for good. I'm not gonna line the pockets of an ******** who comes online and slags off the very people who PAY HIS WAGES just because we're voicing our displeasure over a colossal case of bad management. I'm done with him :down:cmad::down:cmad::down:cmad:

Final word: Wanker

Marvel's books are always late.I don't see the need for such a hissy fit.What's ranting on about it going to do anyways?

GNR4Life said:
Marvel's books are always late.I don't see the need for such a hissy fit.What's ranting on about it going to do anyways?

This thread was never about lateness, it's about artists that don't respect their fans/have a go at retailers who are pissed because they might not make rent this month becuase of something completely out of their control. I've dealt with civil war being late, this is solely about the LACK OF RESPECT shown by Hitch

Putting aside the "biting the hand that feeds you" point (since you guys stated it so well), I will say it's ppl in the comic buisness like him that set comics back a bit each time.

For years comic readers have tried to move out of the 'dorky virgin' persona everyone seems to stick us with, then an actual writer says "hey ya, the ppl who read my companies comics and are ticked are dorks that need laid", then it just adds more fuel to the fire. Not a big deal, and most ppl who don't read comics will probably never read it anyway just a thought.

Also wanted to say I agree with being ticked at his attitude, what's with ppl trying to tick off the ppl who purchase their goods anymore. I'm still young, but even I could remember when ppl would practically kiss your ass to keep you coming back, now ppl seem to think the rebel "I could give a rats ass what the customer thinks" attitude is cool, but it's not. It may work in the movies, but when a habitually late comic book artist tells me (well not me directly) that I need to be laid (alrdy have been :) ), that doesn't make me go "Damn he's cool, I wanna buy more, he's a badass", it makes me dislike him and his ego, and everytime I see his name printed in a book it's gonna slowly draw me more and more out of his work. Like Leifeld, his stuff usually is bad (as pointed out in several threads here), but occasionally he can draw something good, he drew a hot looking supergirl, but I subconciously put his name with the pic and suddenly I was looking for reasons not to like it. Same here kinda, didn't know this artists name before tho have seen his work, but now I'm gonna remember him for this.

hippy fascist said:
This thread was never about lateness, it's about artists that don't respect their fans/have a go at retailers who are pissed because they might not make rent this month becuase of something completely out of their control. I've dealt with civil war being late, this is solely about the LACK OF RESPECT shown by Hitch

I don't care if creators are the biggest pricks in the world or not.As long as they put their all into every single page of a book,that's all I need.

Despite the lateness,Hitch has proven this since #1 back in 2001.

Man, I would give my right arm to be an editor at Marvel right now. I would SO lay the smack down on these elitist pricks before being fired by fat ass for actually DOING MY JOB.

What an ******. Yet another "creative" punk I can now save money on by never buying their crap.

GNR4Life said:

Ranting? Not much. NOT BUYING CRAP THAT IS ******EDLY LATE? Everything.

Sorry guys Ultimates 12 is late again. Hitch is too busy defending Marvel's imcompetence on teh messageboards.

wolvie2020 said:
The fact of it is, yeah, some people need to get a life, and stop wishing bad things on people, just 'cause their book is running late. Go watch the news, go focus your negative energy on people who are ruining our countries, not people trying to entertain us

These are the comments that piss me off, I've never stayed home on a Friday or Saturday night to rant on a message board, I come on this board when I'm bored and have nothing I need to get done at work or bored at home. If I see some news I don't like, I'll comment on it, however, if it's news from someone who makes their living by entertaining me for 10-15 minutes every 3-4 months (in Hitch's case) that pisses me off, I'm not allowed be pissed about it. Screw that! Hitch should not have made that post, sure there are more important things going on in the world and I care about those too, but I'm also not gonna care about those things 24/7, comics are a release from the real world for me, from real world problems. Should this be applied to sports fans too, there's more important things than wasting your time watching sports, maybe I should stop that too, dedicate my whole life to getting laid and solving all the world's problems.

It's just one month late. He has a point. Surely you all have lives and can wait an extra month? Where in the bible, the constitution or the geneva convention (which i keep calling the genosha convention... in public) does it say it has to come out every month?? Movies are delayed; books are delayed; house payments are delayed; freaking international peace treaty summits are delayed and people don't kick up this much fuss! It sucks, i know, and Hitch seems to be acting like an *******, but he was clearly replying to arrogant, i-still-live-with-my-mum fans who have no idea what it's like to have an impossible workload with impossible deadlines to meet and high standards or personal integrity to keep.

How many times have we gone over the top and started shouting at each other. He's just human and has just been pissed off. I'd say drop it and close this thread now but i'm gonna get flamed. It's not his book, your beef shouldn't be with him.

MyPokerShirt said:
Where in the bible, the constitution or the geneva convention (which i keep calling the genosha convention... in public) does it say it has to come out every month??

when it says monthly from Marvel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"