Angelina Jolie set for Cleopatra film

omg. I hate her accents, they sound horrible and i assume she will use it for this role as well.

Well... why not. Jolie is probably too hot for the role and too Slavic and German looking , but hey, I like.

Why? Cleopatra was a beautiful so Jolie is perfect actress to do it.

According to most reports, Cleopatra was NOT beautiful, she had a huge, crooked nose. It was her charisma that made her so seductive.

Aside from the whole race thing people bring up, there's also the fact that if you look at coins and things like that commissioned with her image, she wasn't really what most would consider "conventionally" beautiful. She certainly didn't look like Angelina Jolie.

Aside from the whole race thing people bring up, there's also the fact that if you look at coins and things like that commissioned with her image, she wasn't really what most would consider "conventionally" beautiful. She certainly didn't look like Angelina Jolie.

When you looking for actress to play a role you look at acting ability and they look like character. Jolie is a beautiful woman that is right for the role unlike Kim Kardashian who could end up playing Lara Croft - she can't even act.

Jolie wa hot years ago. her face is the same. but her body is a mess.

Mess? that's bit over the top to use don't you think?

According to most reports, Cleopatra was NOT beautiful, she had a huge, crooked nose. It was her charisma that made her so seductive.

According to the last documentary I saw about her, she was indeed good looking, her nose was not huge nor crooked, she had a Greek nose which was considered a beauty canon.

Anyway, Jolie isn't the worst choice, after all she played Alexander mother in the eponymous movie.

You got clips of Cleopatra?

Wow.

It was a study on her lineage, study of the skull of her sister, a head reconstruction was made from it.

Your question about clips of Cleopatra could also be applied to you saying she has a huge/crooked nose :)

I must admit, Jolie has to put some weight ( I think it is the proper saying, not sure ) unless it is already the case, after Wanted she was way too skinny ( IMO ).

By the way, Monica Bellucci played the queen in the French movie Asterix & Cleopatre, she was stunning ! Her dress was impressive ( espacially from behind ).

Irrespective of Cleopatra's real looks the studio are going to choose an actress who will guarantee financing and Jolie is one of the few actressess who can get a movie this size greenlit just as the miscast Elizabeth Taylor did back in the day.

It'll be interesting to see if a Wonder Woman movie gets officially announced this year because you can be sure that whomever WB picks they'll be, in relation to this news, A) a much bigger or at least generally well known name than anyone is anticipating and B) probably won't 100% physically match the part.

Angelina Jolie is the only actress who can get studios to put up $50 million+ to get a film made with a female as the lead. It's not about looking the part, its business.

Very true.

Movie Cleopatra =/= Real Cleopatra.

My personal interest would be limited to be honest.

Well, if Liz Taylor can play Cleopatra, I don't see why Angelina Jolie cannot. From what I've read, Cleopatra was actually of Greek descent and while Angelina doesn't look like Greek, it's not like they need an Egyptian actress to play her, either. I think Brad Pitt should play Marc Anthony; it'd suit him very well.

Yes because the movie Alexander was such a success.

Your question about clips of Cleopatra could also be applied to you saying she has a huge/crooked nose :)

Since Cleopatra is of Greek descent I think it's possible, because such noses are very common in South-Eastern Europe (no offence to anyone here :cwink: ).

Nah, but I have read articles about her by many historians and they all came up with that subject. Probably a little bit exaggerated, but I believe it. But many historical persons are not as good looking as their movie incarnation, so it is nothing new.

Monica Bellucci was a hot Cleopatra ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"