Ant Man and The Wasp film release date delay for Ireland and the UK

fire117

Civilian
Reaction score
https://www.buzz.ie/movies-tv/ant-man-wasps-irish-release-one-month-late-world-cup-288790

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/fil...te-us-month-delay-marvel-movies-infinity-war/

The film Ant Man and The Wasp will be released in Ireland and the UK on August 3rd because of the World Cup, a month after it's released in the US. This news has you can imagine has infuriated MCU fans in Ireland and the UK. It's really infuriated me frankly as it's my nephew Alan's birthday on July 3rd I was going to take him to see the film as his birthday present.

Since Ireland is not in the World Cup like the UK. Ireland should not be getting this release date delay at all and the film should be released in cinemas in Ireland on the same day as the US. Plus not everyone in the UK is mad about football.

Poland also has a delayed release date as well.

Not to mention that I have no doubt people will be discussing spoilers in regards to the film before it comes out in Ireland, Poland and the UK ruining the film for MCU fans there before it comes out.

I'm curious how others feel about this stupid decision to delay the film's release date for Ireland, Poland and the UK? Are you as angry about this as I am right now.

Last edited:
Also here in Poland. It's honestly infuriating. Not only will the spoilers be everywhere but the film will probably be online by then too. It's a stupid decision that will affect the box office

Also here in Poland. It's honestly infuriating. Not only will the spoilers be everywhere but the film will probably be online by then too. It's a stupid decision that will affect the box office

Damn Poland as well.

I know everyone will be talking the film online and spoiling it for those of us affected by this unjust an unfair delayed release date.

I'm so mad over this that I'm considering not seeing the film in the cinema and watching it online if in good quality.

Yea I think it's a Europe thing in general there tends to be more interest in the world cup than North America.

I'm wondering if South America are effected too as they are a football mad continent also.

I'm annoyed, but I'm not too pissed. If this was Infinity War I would loose my damn mind. Antman has less stakes. I'm probably more frustrated that I have to wait for Incredibles 2 than AM&TW.

Yea I think it's a Europe thing in general there tends to be more interest in the world cup than North America.

I'm wondering if South America are effected too as they are a football mad continent also.

I'm annoyed, but I'm not too pissed. If this was Infinity War I would loose my damn mind. Antman has less stakes. I'm probably more frustrated that I have to wait for Incredibles 2 than AM&TW.
It's not a Europe thing, most countries in Europe are not getting such a long release date delay like Ireland, Poland and the UK are getting.

I live in Northern Europe and all Disney animations (both WDAS and Pixar) are released like 3 months after the release in the US. By then most of them already have illegal 720p version floating around. AMATW will be released same as in the US though; I don't really think anyone here pays attention to World Cup or football except the immigrants and foreigners staying here.

The only country where late release doesn't affect a movie's box office gross is probably Japan, I heard even downloading (not to mention distributing) could lead to imprisonment there.

I live in Northern Europe and all Disney animations (both WDAS and Pixar) are released like 3 months after the release in the US. By then most of them already have illegal 720p version floating around. AMATW will be released same as in the US though; I don't really think anyone here pays attention to World Cup or football except the immigrants and foreigners staying here.

The only country where late release doesn't affect a movie's box office gross is probably Japan, I heard even downloading (not to mention distributing) could lead to imprisonment there.

Well no doubt fans in countries affected by this release date delay will simply watch pirated versions of the film online long before it's out in the cinemas in those countries.

I saw online that actress Evangeline Lilly is not happy about the release date delay in the UK either.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018...-about-ant-man-and-the-wasps-uk-release-date/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"