Sequel Announced! Ant-Man and The Wasp

From what I can tell, most people who don't like the title seem to have more of a problem with the "the" in it, not the "and." Like if it were just "Ant Man and Wasp," they'd be cool with it.

I see this forum hasn't changed its name yet. do we have a petition to sign?

A sequels forum actually is in every other SHH movie forum, they just need to make a new "Ant-man & the Wasp" forum and move the appropriate threads from here into that. This would stay to talk about sequels beyond that one.

I really like that they made Wasp the co-headliner with Ant-Man, which will be the first time Marvel has had a superheroine in the title. Maybe people can stop accusing Marvel of not pushing for female heroes.

Some of the Comic Book Movie News sites have linked this announcement to Feige not reporting to Perlmutter any more. If that's accurate, people should start bashing Disney instead of Marvel.

Considering that the moved back their actual female-led film, for the second time (the only one that that's happened to thus far), and at best Hope is going to be a co-lead here (if they end up making her Scott's sidekick, then I'm going to be really annoyed), it seems like a case of "one step forward, two steps back."

Besides, they kind of did this already with Cap and BW in TWS.

Considering that the moved back their actual female-led film, for the second time (the only one that that's happened to thus far).
considering how often Ant-Man was pushed back in their schedule, no it is not the only one that that's happend to. and considering Wasp is in the title of the sequel and the assumption that she's at least the co lead of that film is very probable, your insistence that Captain Marvel is their first femal-led film gets a little annoying.

Considering that the moved back their actual female-led film, for the second time (the only one that that's happened to thus far), and at best Hope is going to be a co-lead here (if they end up making her Scott's sidekick, then I'm going to be really annoyed), it seems like a case of "one step forward, two steps back."

Besides, they kind of did this already with Cap and BW in TWS.

450.gif

The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.

Well, that's not true. Her name isn't Ant-Man and Wasp. First Marvel movie, with the a heroine's name in the title? Sure.

Hope they introduce Bill Foster.

Hope they introduce Bill Foster.

Yes, would love to see this. Just bring in the whole fricking family. Could be cool as a mid-way antagonist they end up recruiting who was lost in the Microverse.

"...a Ms Marvel movie slated for 2019."

Sigh. It's CAPTAIN MARVEL! When some random person on the internet makes that mistake, I get slightly annoyed, but when a big internet company makes the same mistake? Like, ever fact check or something?

On Hope: I hope they make her funny or something. We need more nuances and humor from our heroines, and not just "badass."

Last edited:
How come this forum still hasn't been changed to Ant-Man and the Wasp, and a separate sequels forum created? It's not like it hasn't been officially announced already.

Awesome news about Douglas coming back, personally I hope his role is just as big. Even if he doesn't want that :cwink:.

I think I'm happier he's coming back than anything. And the fact that he sounds excited to is even better.

Perhaps they will expand on Pym's military background a bit in the sequel
MCU_Young_Pym_in_uniform.jpg

I think I'm happier he's coming back than anything. And the fact that he sounds excited to is even better.

I think it's because his two younger children.
Other actors do not have teen-aged children so close to get excited about superheroes genre.
I remember Douglas ironically calls this venture as drinking the kool-aid.

Douglas said he did Ant-Man for his son and because he wanted to experience doing a big effects movie.

Douglas had a great time making the and it was a big hit so he clearly wants to come back for more.

Ant-man sequel on the horizon, Man of Steel sequel no where to be seen. Still flavor of the week, Snyder?

After seeing BvS, which most def was NOT a sequel to MoS and more a Batman movie with Supes in it....this statement stings even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"