Sequels Anticipation For Man of Steel

Can we keep this thread on track, there is no need for long diatribes with multi-quotes attacking one another for page after page. It's making me dizzy to say the least and is completely uncalled for. EVERYBODY.

QWERTY©-C Lee already told you guys to knock it off and you still continued,ive removed your post,if you want to argue on with Upper Krust take it to PM's

Hey Showtime029! :)

Showtime029 said:
You know what is hilarious, people are criticizing Brandon for not having enough work between Returns and a proposed sequel, and because Singer is working on more movies it means the sequel is delayed or canceled.

The difference of course is that direction takes up much more time than acting. Since it also spans pre-production and post production/editing etc.

The fact that Brandon isn't getting any work is indicative of the fact that he didn't impress in the role and seemed a bit wooden. Now whether that was due to script, direction or simply that hes not a good actor I can't say until I see him in other things.

When you contrast Brandon to Chris Reeve, the latter was a theatre trained actor, and while that in itself could be seen as a appeal to authority; what theatre/stage actors have is presence because they have to project themselves to a greater degree. That 'projection' really works well for the character of Superman that has to seem larger than life.

Anybody who thinks routh is not getting offers isnt thinking straight. he was very well recieved by critics n is a great looking kid; most directors who are in charge of casting could care less if superman dissappointed.

fact is, the roles hes probably gotten offered are probably very supermanish; while if he ever wants to succeed in hollywood outside of superman hell have act well in other roles; which is why getting roles as a male pimp n a crackhead are actually smart career decisions.

I think you guys are reaching here. You think that they are going to be still wearing Superman T-Shirts under their suits or drinking Superman Tropicana OJ a year after the release? There are other movies that WB is prepping and preparing for, for instance, the DK. Last year was the year of Superman, this year it's business as usual at WB. I find the lack of news frustrating and aggrevating but it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested. Sure we all have our own theories:

"Singer is out, they are unhappy with him!"
"They want to do JLA because they have a 1st draft already!"
"Singer has delayed the sequel because he is working on other projects!"

The theories and speculation are rampant, but for the most part, that is all they are.
thank you showtime

I actually don't have much interest in another Singer Superman film. But that's just me.

The difference of course is that direction takes up much more time than acting. Since it also spans pre-production and post production/editing etc.

Very true. Although Singer does alot of the pre-production on the set of his other movies and is known for having teams in place already working that department before he even arrives. Alot of directors do this.

The fact that Brandon isn't getting any work is indicative of the fact that he didn't impress in the role and seemed a bit wooden. Now whether that was due to script, direction or simply that hes not a good actor I can't say until I see him in other things.

You took the wooden remark straight from a review, you should know better than plagerizing! :cwink: I think his acting ability came out most during the Clark scenes, but he is still untested.

When you contrast Brandon to Chris Reeve, the latter was a theatre trained actor, and while that in itself could be seen as a appeal to authority; what theatre/stage actors have is presence because they have to project themselves to a greater degree. That 'projection' really works well for the character of Superman that has to seem larger than life.[/

With all due respect to Reeve his career in film was quite lackluster and whether he was trained or not I never thought of him as a great actor, but he was Superman to me. Routh is not even Reeve as an actor yet, but I wouldn't say he was horrible.

http://singerssupermansucks.blogspot.com/

For those of you who've been wondering what the status was of the Superman franchise, after Singer got done screwing it's corpse, the outlook doesn't look too rosey. It appears that if they do choose to do another Singerman film for some ungodly reason, it won't be for a good long while.

According to Rotten Tomatoes, Singer's producers, Neil Meron and Craid Zadan, are moving forward with Singer directing their pet project, a biopic of slain gay right activist Harvey Milk called The Mayor of Castro Street, as soon as Singer finishes with his current film -- the WWII story Valkyrie.

You're two steps behind the bouncing ball.

I believe the interest is in a JLA movie and not in an SR sequel.

Anybody who thinks routh is not getting offers isnt thinking straight. he was very well recieved by critics n is a great looking kid; most directors who are in charge of casting could care less if superman dissappointed.

fact is, the roles hes probably gotten offered are probably very supermanish; while if he ever wants to succeed in hollywood outside of superman hell have act well in other roles; which is why getting roles as a male pimp n a crackhead are actually smart career decisions.
Not to argue but I don't think so. I don't see him attached to anything. and the thins he was attached to are now gone. Honestly I think his next step is TV.

That blog is completely ridiculous whether you hate Superman Returns or what Singer did with it.

It's been around since SR came out. It is aptly titled for those who thought the movie sucked and want the WB to desperately scrap a sequel to it.

Seems childish to me but then again i find most blogging of that nature to be

Seems childish to me but then again i find most blogging of that nature to be
It is just another way to vent frustrations. And it seems to be working. I think the WB looks at every post he makes in his blog. I honestly think it is working. Hey look at what that one 8 year old kid did to make the WB change their designs for buggs bunny for that bastardization of a show loonatics. It got coverage WW and it changed the designs of those characters.

It is just another way to vent frustrations. And it seems to be working. I think the WB looks at every post he makes in his blog. I honestly think it is working. Hey look at what that one 8 year old kid did to make the WB change their designs for buggs bunny for that bastardization of a show loonatics. It got coverage WW and it changed the designs of those characters.

What makes you think WB looks at every post?

What makes you think WB looks at every post?
Because they do. They have people look at any blog on the net, and they will put plants to disuade bad word getting out on what they are doing if the audience really doesn't like it. Chris Nolan is a member here and looks at the Dark Knight boards. All studios do this. Directors will look sometimes. Trust me they have people here. When they released the possible plan to make a Green Lantern movie with Jack Black, AICN confirmed from their WB sources that they did actively look at all the boards to see what response was and that is what killed that the project. Hell, the review of the first JJ Abrams script on AICN got all over the net and they had WB plants in the baords trying to counter it. The big tale tell sign they say is "come one guys. Lets give (whoever) a chance and see if it works."

I belive it si Christopher nolan and I think it is held for him. only he can have it. someone confirmed it.

arent you pushing it a bit there Buggs? ;)

although i agree with you that WB keeps an eye on this place. the TDK scoops were proof alone that they were aware of how much info was getting out. alas they sure did something about it very quickly :(

arent you pushing it a bit there Buggs? ;)

although i agree with you that WB keeps an eye on this place. the TDK scoops were proof alone that they were aware of how much info was getting out. alas they sure did something about it very quickly :(
Nolan said that he purposely leaked things out into the public on Batman Begins, and this site was one of the sites they leaked stuff out too. To see the audiences reaction to it. He has said it in an inteview. He leaked things to the web. That is also what Bay did too with Transformers. It seems that people are starting to care what the fans think before they spend a lot of money and make mistakes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"