Sequels Anticipation For Man of Steel

Hmmm... That comment is flawed.

The Hulk B.O.
Domestic: $132,177,234 53.9%+ Foreign: $113,107,931 46.1%= Worldwide: $245,285,165

Now let's see SR in comparison:
Domestic: $200,081,192 51.2%+ Foreign: $191,000,000 48.8%= Worldwide: $391,081,192

Also SR has an oscar nomination. Critically it was much better received than the Hulk.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_returns/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hulk/

You are misleading with those figures.... I have to agree with lexlives. The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget. That warrant a sequel. They can easily fund a sequel and even increase the budget for that sequel and still have money in the bank. Superman cannot do that. It final budget ended around $250 mil. Leaving the franchise with $141 mil profit. Which means that the franchise would hvae to use money it made from merchandising to help fund a sequel.... a la the propose rumored decrease budget for the sequel.

Soo comparing Hulk to Supes is really like comparing apples to grapes.... Hulk was a smaller budget film that made tons of money.... but they both was BAD films.

You are misleading with those figures.... I have to agree with lexlives. The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget. That warrant a sequel. They can easily fund a sequel and even increase the budget for that sequel and still have money in the bank. Superman cannot do that. It final budget ended around $250 mil. Leaving the franchise with $141 mil profit. Which means that the franchise would hvae to use money it made from merchandising to help fund a sequel.... a la the propose rumored decrease budget for the sequel.

Soo comparing Hulk to Supes is really like comparing apples to grapes.... Hulk was a smaller budget film that made tons of money.... but they both was BAD films.

This is true - based on its budget Hulk was a moderate financial success and really outperformed SR.

SR really stands at the bottom of the list of recent superhero films in terms of being a finacial success based on its cost to make/market. Its in the cxellar along with Catwoman.

There is no financial sense in continuing.

LexLives is correct in saying that the studio was silent about a Hulk sequel, while Lee was insisting a sequel was forthcoming. The difference between The Hulk and S.R. is, not only singer, but W.B. have been saying a sequel is happening. So Lex going by your logic, a superman sequel by singer must be happening, since W.B. says it is, or are they lying??

double post.

But the key difference is that WB was able to announce TDK as their tentpole 2008 film at ShoWest - even though they did not have a finalized script or budget agreement on that script. That came in July as you say.

But WB was obviously 100% confident and committed back in March of that year and so announced. That won't happen with SR and that makes a world of difference..

Ok you're talking about showest?did i miss something?Has showest happened this year ? :o :cwink:

you make statement without backing with anything ( as proven with your poor Hulk comparaison) that make one hell of a difference.

facts , Lex , facts.

This is true - based on its budget Hulk was a moderate financial success and really outperformed SR.

SR really stands at the bottom of the list of recent superhero films in terms of being a finacial success based on its cost to make/market. Its in the cxellar along with Catwoman.

There is no financial sense in continuing.
No it is not true:

Hulk Budget "official" budget :$137 million /box office 245,285,165 (approximatively) 108 millions at the box office

Superman Returns "official "budget $270 million/box office :391,081,192 (approximatively )121 millions at the box office.

No it is not true:

Hulk Budget "official" budget :$137 million /box office 245,285,165 (approximatively) 108 millions at the box office

Superman Returns "official "budget $270 million/box office :391,081,192 (approximatively )121 millions at the box office.

No, using your figures Hulk did 1.78 times it budget nd SR just 1.44 times. You can't spin this. Hulk was "more successful". Though neither was really. But Hulk's toys did better because of the Hulk hand which was huge. SR has no grabber toy like that.

No it is not true:

No, using your figures Hulk did 1.78 times it budget and SR just 1.44 times. You can't spin this. Hulk was "more successful". Though neither was really. But Hulk's toys did better because of the Hulk hand which was huge. SR has no grabber toy like that.

No, using your figures Hulk did 1.78 times it budget and SR just 1.44 times. You can't spin this. Hulk was "more successful". Though neither was really. But Hulk's toys did better because of the Hulk hand which was huge. SR has no grabber toy like that.
No ,

either you don't know how to count either i dunno? lol

anyways , please continue you even managed to turn some "anti" Singer against you .:o

you are not helping your cause at all lex..

ps: as for your hulk toys sales come back with real back up to yours statements for once ( and please , please count well :D ;) )

no , either you don't know how to count either i dunno? lol

anyways , please continue you even managed to turn some "anti" Singer against you .:o

you are not helping your cause at all lex..

ps: as for your hulk toys sales come back with real back up to yours statements for once ( and please , please count well :D ;) )

Counting - let me see. And using your figure.

Hulk - 137 to make with a WW box of 245. Let me thing here 245 divided by 137?! Did I get that right. Methinks so. That comes out to the Hulk making 1.78 at the WW box of what it cost to produce - excluding makreketing which makes the numbers even worse for SR but I won't go there.

Now SR - again your numbers. 250 million to make and a 391 WW box. Let's see, doing the division that comes to 1.56.

Which is the greater multiplier? The film with the greater multiplier did better. Anyway that is how I learned it in school.

The problem Lex is that we are not talking at all about the same thing :o

starting from the start . you have approven this quote
The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget
That is simply not true .

And based on money, on viewers , not the percentage based on budget , Superman did better than Hulk.

we'll call it a day eh? :o :woot: :cwink:

Ps : the budget for the two movies were with marketing costs ( source box office mojo)

Maze... I made the statement "The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget" , because I remember some Posters on the Hulk boards saying that the budget for the Hulk was $80 million. Being they were so-called die hard Hulk fans, I took their word for it. I was wrong in that figure and should have done my own homework... which you are correct. The budget was $137 million. I apologize to lexlives for mis-informed information.

Would somebody please give lexlives the boot from this forum.

He manages to hijack just about every topic that has been opened, and I, for one, am sick of it.

He argues that his opinion is fact, uses faulty logic (attempting to apply theorems to an industry where the rules are constantly in flux), and simply trolls to the detriment of constructive discourse on this forum.

PLEASE, SEND HIM AWAY!

Who else is for this?

He manages to hijack just about every topic that has been opened, and I, for one, am sick of it.

He argues that his opinion is fact, uses faulty logic (attempting to apply theorems to an industry where the rules are constantly in flux), and simply trolls to the detriment of constructive discourse on this forum.

PLEASE, SEND HIM AWAY!

Who else is for this?
Whether you agree or disagree with his opinions or distorted facts he has as much right to be here as much as me, you or anyone else for that matter. You can always choose to ignore him. You have that option.

It's hard to ignore someone when they hijack a topic and just repeat the same argument and distorted facts over and over again. He doesn't like the film, that's fine. But the fact of the matter is that he trolls and will turn the simplest thread into a "Sequel won't happen" thread. It's continuous and is the very definition of trolling.

It's hard to ignore someone when they hijack a topic and just repeat the same argument and distorted facts over and over again. He doesn't like the film, that's fine. But the fact of the matter is that he trolls and will turn the simplest thread into a "Sequel won't happen" thread. It's continuous and is the very definition of trolling.
Yes, but for some reason or another he honestly believes what he is saying. I cant answer why but it just doesnt bother me one bit as I believe what I believe. We're here to discuss the possibilities of a sequel that apparently he thinks wont happen. Oh well.

Are there more loyal fans than anyone else? You know, people that are willing to pay a few more bucks to keep their favorite hero on the screen.

I'd but out entire theaters if I was rich......just to make SR's sequel have a good opening weekend. :o

(I"ll bet that's what the WB will do in 09', right lex?)

Are there more loyal fans than anyone else? You know, people that are willing to pay a few bucks more to keep their favorite hero on the screen.
Are we getting desperate? Is that really necessary?

Yes it is. In the past you only get to see a movie once in your lifetime. At present we get the chance to own them on blu-ray or whatever, I think is only fair to offer our contribution to those of our interest.

and miss his reaction when the sequel is *OFFICIALLY* officially :cwink: announced???, NEVAH.:woot:

PLEASE, SEND HIM AWAY!

Who else is for this?

Well , his reaction will just be "nahh , the movie is not going to be shot"

after all that is the guy who said weeks before Sr started shooting that it will never see the light of day ..:woot:

ps : and don't forget his prediction about smalville ending what two years ago? :woot:

I didn't like SR much first time round, but second time round I loved it, the second half is still weak, and Jason needs to die, lol. But I think SR is one of the better comic book movies of the last 17 years or so

:whatever: You have got to be kidding? One of the best in nearly two decades??? :huh: L.M.A.O. Literally. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"