Anyone else taking action to help stop Global Warming?

I guess you do too. No **** the world will change. No one is attempting to keep the world from ever changing.

Alot of people are. Alot of the global warming propagandists, like Gore, seem to be stuck on the fact (highlight it) that if the world warms up, it'll change! And that's horrible!! Nooooo!!! Teh erth iz d00m3d!

Just oh, not turn the world into a giant paved-over dead thing. If that means finding better fuel sources, not cutting down a forest or too, or just simply find a better way to make things that will have less of an impact on future generations, in spite of the inevitable.

If someone doesn't that like- tough ****

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be looking for ways to help the earth. I really just don't see the point of all this "Humanity is destroying the earth!!!" verbage. That's not going to change a thing. The earth will heat, cool, whatever it wants to do regardless of what we want it to do. Recycling is cool, I rarely do it. Hybrids are nice, not going to buy one.

Most of the current "efforts" at helping the world are negligible at best. Not dumping factory waste in the ocean is good. Not poisoning our drinking water with chemicals is good. Not cutting down all forests and finding synthetic materials instead is good. Buying a hybrid? Not going to do jack or ****. Buying that 25 mpg car instead of the more expensive 28mpg car? Still not going to do much of anything.

I'm not saying helping the world is stupid, I'm just not going to waste my time jumping on the environmentalist bandwagon and buy myself a toyota whatever to cut my carbon emissions by that "oh-so-critical" 2%. It's a futile effort that won't delay the course of the world's deathmarch by more than an hour.

I'm glad recycling things is picking up, i recently read almost 100% of used cars can now be recycled, even toxic PVC parts and tyres can be turned back into car fuel by developing new technologies.

I combat global warming.

I turn my air conditioning on with all my windows and doors open.

and if my dad yells, "what are you trying to do, cool the world?"

i answer "exactly"

Well see, that's impossible. The world is going to change whether we like it or not. We can never be at 100% efficiency where we never waste nor destroy in the conditions of today.

Alot of people seem to think that "leaving it better than you found it", though, means keeping the world from ever changing. That somehow if the world changes and species die off, we die off, the world is "worse for wear". Not entirely. The condition of the earth doesn't have to be directly correlated to our existence or any other singular species' existence on it.

Which seems to really be the main point that the whole voluminous collection of shockumentaries on "Global Warming" seem to say. That this world without polar bears, or this world without us is TERRIFYING. That unless we get through it, the world is DOOMED!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!

Which is silly. If the world changes and we can't adapt, oh well. The world is better off without us. Better to do what you can to keep the world from falling apart while you're around than trying to "protect it" from change.
Okay everyone knows that Earth is going to be fine, its us and the other species. With that philosophy you might as well commit suicide because you're gonna die soon, right?
Earth will be fine after a few hundreds years but life on this planet wont...and people want to stay alive or at least be able to live in a safe environment...oh excuse me, I mean "safer" environment.
Everything does have an end but if we are advancing the end to come why not take action to stop that. Let the end come natrually, if it does thats fine.

Well, no one was talking about making the world safe. What the thread was talking about was taking a lesson that kids, specifically those who were in scouting learn: "leave it better than you found it", and apply that from just simply cleaning up the campsite before you leave to the entire damn world.

:up:

1.- If EVERYONE used them, then the ammount of Mercury produced by coal plants would be vastly reduced, hence....uh...still a plus.

2.- recycling already takes special facilities.

3.- only YOU could label using less electricity and oil as "hysteria"

4.- there's no dispute in the scientific community.

Don't even try, Celldog exists in a parallel universe where there's no such thing as logic.

Celldog - defender of the lazy asses

:woot:

Okay everyone knows that Earth is going to be fine, its us and the other species. With that philosophy you might as well commit suicide because you're gonna die soon, right?
Earth will be fine after a few hundreds years but life on this planet wont...and people want to stay alive or at least be able to live in a safe environment...oh excuse me, I mean "safer" environment.
Everything does have an end but if we are advancing the end to come why not take action to stop that. Let the end come natrually, if it does thats fine.

I'm just saying, as I've reiterated, that it's pointless to get so up in arms over global warming as if it's going to destroy the earth. If it's naturally-occuring, which by all means it probably is, there's no way to stop it.. and we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that the world shouldn't be changing. As you said, the world will be fine.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be helping the environment, but trying to stop global warming and helping the environment are two entirely different vehicles. One is attainable, one is an act of frightened self-preservation.

I'm...trying to fart less. I'm not doing a very good job at it though. At the rate I'm going, I'm contributing to the hole in the OZONE layer, not stopping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"