Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Anyone else watch Agents of Shield but not fan of MCU movies?

Tyrone Parker

The real black Spiderman
Reaction score
Main reasons are the better and darker storylines. AOS isn't forced to add silly humor that kills the dramatic tension. Disney is trying reach the widest audience possible so that forces them to cater to the masses. AOS has more freedom to have darker and more adult oriented storylines.

When I read comic books as a kid they had a serious tone about them that MCU doesn't have. MCU feels more like a Sat day morning cartoon than a comic book. AOS delivers that comic book feel that the MCU lacks. Not to mention the acting on AOS especially this season blows away anything in the MCU.

When you have a great actor like Benedict Cumberbatch and force him to act silly with some cringeworthy humor thats uncalled for. They should take some lessons from the X-Men universe and allow the actors to act. Nobody in the MCU comes close to the performances of Fasbender or Mcavoy.

I watch all the MCU shows and films. I don't get how some watch the films but not the shows and vice versa.

I watch both, but often times I wish AoS was as good as the movies. For every great thing they do, they make about 10 missteps. I am invested in some of the characters (May, Fitz, and Simmons) about as much as I am some MCU movie characters.

Main reasons are the better and darker storylines. AOS isn't forced to add silly humor that kills the dramatic tension. Disney is trying reach the widest audience possible so that forces them to cater to the masses. AOS has more freedom to have darker and more adult oriented storylines.

When I read comic books as a kid they had a serious tone about them that MCU doesn't have. MCU feels more like a Sat day morning cartoon than a comic book. AOS delivers that comic book feel that the MCU lacks. Not to mention the acting on AOS especially this season blows away anything in the MCU.

When you have a great actor like Benedict Cumberbatch and force him to act silly with some cringeworthy humor thats uncalled for. They should take some lessons from the X-Men universe and allow the actors to act. Nobody in the MCU comes close to the performances of Fasbender or Mcavoy.

laugh.gif

Enjoy your Inhumans show.

the humor is in AOS, you would find yourself laughing sometimes and the grown up politics in the movies. The recent one with toomes making a comparison with himself and tony stark.

over all the craftsman ship in the MCU TV and movies is high, yes propably fair to say they are attempting to appeal to as wide an audience as possible but to be able to do it and provide light humor for some and social commentary for others is something of note . Though possibly some filer dialogue in the netflicks stuff but strengths in other areas.

the humor is in AOS, you would find yourself laughing sometimes and the grown up politics in the movies. The recent one with toomes making a comparison with himself and tony stark.

over all the craftsman ship in the MCU TV and movies is high, yes propably fair to say they are attempting to appeal to as wide an audience as possible but to be able to do it and provide light humor for some and social commentary for others is something of note . Though possibly some filer dialogue in the netflicks stuff but strengths in other areas.

Gonna need a lot of this to figure out this word salad.

giphy.gif

I would still say I am a fan of both, but the Marvel movies haven't excited me in a long time. Something to do with the tone of them. I am excited for Infinity War, but that's just because of how big it is really. The X-Men film universe sans Apocalypse has been the most exciting comic book universe for me in the past 5 years.

Interesting thread. I think it would make more sense if you were talking about the Netflix shows.
AoS feel way too close to the MCU in regards to tone than Netflix. But Each to his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"