Anyone frustrated with Thor's power levels?

I agree that it's less of a lack of showing his power, so much as it's a lack of "wow" moments to REALLY show it off outright. If you've been paying attention, his being on another level compared to the other Avenger (except MAYBE Vision now) is pretty clear.

It's the personalization of Thor fans.

Some probably compare it to the DCU..also, Hemsworths comments about Wonderwoman is probably bothersome to some Thor fans.

I think it's more about people wanting everyone to know how powerful he is than anything else.

As you said, pay attention, its all there

Ok that's fine and all for you to say so but a lot of people do, including myself. And as Marvel's powerhouse, there is also nothing wrong with seeing just where his strength level lies. He has shown with Mjolnir, he can cause massive destruction but he really hasn't shown just how much damage his fist would cause. I've often wondered would bullet hurt MCU Thor because I'm not even sure I've seen him hit by one.

Dude, its a totally different series. Thor should be powerful within the context about the universe he exists in. As I said, this seems to be a bit more personal than anything else. Dont let it bother you. I LOVE Thor. Movie wonder woman would stomp him.

That's fine.

Ok that's fine and all for you to say so but a lot of people do, including myself. And as Marvel's powerhouse, there is also nothing wrong with seeing just where his strength level lies. He has shown with Mjolnir, he can cause massive destruction but he really hasn't shown just how much damage his fist would cause. I've often wondered would bullet hurt MCU Thor because I'm not even sure I've seen him hit by one.

Ultron hit him with the Quinjet right before Killing Pietro. No damage.

Thor destroyed Frost Giants, Frost Beast, The Destroyer, The Rainbow Bridge,could have probably killed Iron Man ,contained an angry Hulk in an enclosed space where he couldn't use his powers, broke Hulk's prison, killed Chitauri, Ultron bots and Leviathans with ease, one-shot a Kronan, fought against an Infinity Stone-powered Malekith, was one of the main reasons of Ultron's defeat and destroyed Sokovia. The only time he was subdued was against Kurse. What they need to show more imo from now on is his physical strenght and a bit more elemental creativity.

Thor destroyed Frost Giants, Frost Beast, The Destroyer, The Rainbow Bridge,could have probably killed Iron Man ,contained an angry Hulk in an enclosed space where he couldn't use his powers, broke Hulk's prison, killed Chitauri, Ultron bots and Leviathans with ease, one-shot a Kronan, fought against an Infinity Stone-powered Malekith, was one of the main reasons of Ultron's defeat and destroyed Sokovia. The only time he was subdued was against Kurse. What they need to show more imo from now on is his physical strenght and a bit more elemental creativity.

A lot of Thor fans (myself 100% included) have complained about his showings in various forms of media over the last 10 or so years. He's appeared less powerful and even gets beat up in certain contexts. The MCU is a breath of fresh air.

I mean, his overall superiority to even Hulk in the MCU is evident, and he very well may be the most durable. The guy doesn't get hurt. If an Inifinity Stone wielder can't hurt him, and a being strong enough to deflect mjolnir can hit him in the face repeatly (hard enough to make the ground shake) without knocking him out, what can hurt him?

He's not spectacular like Superman, and he's not an immovable brick like Hulk (which doesn't apply to him as much anymore), but he can casually take ANYTHING. That's whats godly about him. Relative to other characters, and analytical power scaling taken into consideration, I'd say this is the best version we have seen.

His fight with Iron man is such a great feat. Iron man is THE face of the MCU and oh so practical. Thor was fighting him the way we as annoyed adults may try to get an angry kid with a strong water gun and boxing cloves out of the way. And Thor was weakened according to the prequel comics, and Iron man was amped.

MCU Thor is getting plenty of respect. Just not necessariky in the eyes of the public, and I think thats whats fustrating to some. Google battle forums. Every Hulk vs Thor threads are heavily lopsided

True story. Ultron was using the gatling gun from the quinjet to shoot at the avengers. Captain America jumped out of the way and into cover, Thor was hit by the bullets because he was in the direct line of fire and he just fell, civilians died and so did Quicksilver wich was shot like 10 times... oh and seconds later Thor was perfectly fine and just flew outta of there like it was nothing.

[YT]pVuIszzqnrc[/YT]

Just give Thor back to Snyder. :hehe:

Man, it would be so awesome to have something like Zod vs Supes or DD vs Trinity battle in MCU, the sheer awesome power at display, every punch accompanied by supersonic crack and some skyscrapers being leveled down :funny:, going up to the orbit and back again, to have that Superman vs Faora and Nam-Ek viscerality, oh yeah. :drl: :woot: Sry, I digress.

I cannot wait for Mjölnir to get destroyed because it really feels like in MCU Thor is his hammer. He flies by it, punchs by it, casts lightnings by it... I cannot even imagine Thor taking off without spinning his hammer. Wow, it will be so weird having him without the Mjölnir. :woot:

HammerDown said:
Agreed with the 2 previous posts. Imo Thor has consistently shown to be the most powerful avenger. In every movie he has shown hints of what he is really capable of.

[YT]rsHASg-WkPg[/YT]
He did not feel that mighty in those scenes where he fought those dark elves. He would benefit from something like this when he's fightning average guys... https://youtu.be/WRNPRUSxEgQ?t=2m58s :hehe:

But he felt super strong when he destroyed Sokovia. That was great. Maaan I cannot wait to see him in Ragnarok. I mean RDJ as Tony is cool and Cap is so nice and heroic, but Thor, he's a fricking fantasy/mythological god who gonna have a weird spacey cosmic adventure with seemingly inventive and outstanding script, directing and villain. Yay! :woot:

[YT]pVuIszzqnrc[/YT]

Oh, this reminds me Ultron was the best. :woot:

And Thor was weakened according to the prequel comics, and Iron man was amped.
Weakened? Ok, otherwise he should be able to squash Iron Man's armor no problem, IMO. In the film it looks like he has to make some effort to even warp it a little.

Just give Thor back to Snyder. :hehe:
Jeff-Bridges-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

I sometimes forget our severely underrated and underappreciated good lord Snyder is a prohibited notion in some parts of this forum. :hehe:

Oh trust me Snyder gets exactly the reception he deserves here and everywhere. Fortunately comic book fans have enough experience to spot out incompetence when they see it :sly:

All jokes aside, a Snyder directed Thor would be awesome with his symbolism and religious themes. I can only imagine how Thor would look under him.

cynical and he would see saving midgard as a burden mopping around. keep snyder away from marvel. they dont need him and i dont care about visuals. they dont make up for bad storytelling. ragnarok has already better visuals than jl

All jokes aside, a Snyder directed Thor would be awesome with his symbolism and religious themes. I can only imagine how Thor would look under him.

One of these days I'll get around to 300.

cynical and he would see saving midgard as a burden mopping around. keep snyder away from marvel. they dont need him and i dont care about visuals. they dont make up for bad storytelling. ragnarok has already better visuals than jl

The very flower of the herd myopia only possible when dealing with the Sophomoric Elitist Iconoclast Mentality that pervades the internet. I'm not even sure you know why you used the term "cynical" but you and others sure think you are making a point about something in using it.

And yes... the power displays of Thor that are separate from the use of the hammer have not been at the level of the power seen by Superman or Wonder Woman. Which is a shame.

Last edited:
And yes... the power displays of Thor that are separate from the use of the hammer have not been at the level of the power seen by Superman or Wonder Woman. Which is a shame.
Thor has an umbilical relationship with mjolnir. They are almost inseparable. Sure Thor is super strong and still a god without his weapon of choice and it's also true that we haven't seen that much from Thor without his hammer but i am sure that will change significantly when Thor Ragnarok arrives.

In terms of comparing Thor to Superman and knowing that Thor was suppose to be "the Superman of Marvel" in the comics... This is the MCU Thor which is completely different. Another thing is that Superman is like Hulk in the way that he doesn't have or need a weapon to channel his superpowers. Not only that, mjolnir is a integral part of the Thor mythos... So in a way it's very unfair and doesn't make sense to compare a hammerless Thor with a Superman.

These aren't the comics. These are different cinematicatic versions of the characters. The feats are not comparable. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
The very flower of the herd myopia only possible when dealing with the Sophomoric Elitist Iconoclast Mentality that pervades the internet. I'm not even sure you know why you used the term "cynical" but you and others sure think you are making a point about something in using it.

If only we can like posts! I'd like yours a hundred times!

Absolutely no need to jump in insulting people because they don't like your precious Snyder.

But it's ironic you call Gecko "sophomoric" in defense of Snyder when that word is a particularly apt description of Snyders filmmaking.

If only we can like posts! I'd like yours a hundred times!

You'd "like x100" a post insulting others over a sh***y director? Interesting.

Absolutely no need to jump in insulting people because they don't like your precious Snyder.

But it's ironic you call Gecko "sophomoric" in defense of Snyder when that word is a particularly apt description of Snyders filmmaking.

You'd "like x100" a post insulting others over a sh***y director? Interesting.
Um, what? :huh:

More clearly shown SUPER strength feats are always welcome, that's why I'm happy Thor will be without Mjolnir for a good portion of Ragnarok.

BOOM!

How about this for power levels?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back