MCU Thor Respect Thread (Spoilers!!!)

Love and Thunder is still my favorite Thor movie, and in my top 5 of MCU movies. While it's got some things I take issue with, the ending is one of the best, if not THE BEST, ending of any comic book movie. It very much hits home with me.

From Thor giving the kids his powers, and it resembling the Tree of Life: (The symbol of the Tree of Life holds a special meaning to my wife and I)

sub-buzz-8964-1657294450-15.jpg

To Thor adopting a child, whose parents are gone. (My wife and I have 2 adopted daughters, who have lost their parents)

I will shed a tear every time I watch this movie. That's something the haters can never take away.
Glad to see it worked so well for you. :up:

I suspect nobody *actually* "turned", per se. Rather, Ragnarok was good enough and popular enough that the people who hated it/Taika/the entire idea of superheroes being funny? Swallowed their complaints and grumbled quietly, because they were going to be drowned out anyway. With Love & Thunder being a lot less popular ( because its just not as good of a movie overall ), they felt more emboldened to speak out and try to wrest control of the narrative.

As much as I loved what Taika did with Ragnarok and how he rejuvenated the Thor character in the MCU I would like to see someone else lead a potential Thor 5. A more Ragnarok/IW inspired vibe and less of the AEG and TLT angle would be greatly appreciated.

It would be cool to see them tackle a more serious and darker version of this Thor, something like when Thor ruled the Earth in the comics for example, the Warrior Mandess angle, or a Old King Thor would all be worthwhile choices. Maybe different realities, timelines, futuristic angle… Just so that they could explore a more grey/dark side of Thor since he’s for the most part always been a very good and honorable character in the MCU.

What if Thor wasn’t that much of a good guy? How his thirst for battle and tough experiences may lead him on a more rough path(Warrior Madness), how much his experiences would mold his character in the far flung future (OKT), how things could have turned different if he was manipulated by someone or something else along his life…

detail.jpg

latest

A more Ragnarok/IW inspired vibe and less of the AEG and TLT angle would be greatly appreciated.

That's interesting because frankly I think the Ragnarok vibe is more along the lines of AEG and TLT. IW always had the best balance for Thor's character so I'm with you on that.

Wonder how much more we can expect from Hemsworth. He seems to have expressed reservations recently.

Wonder how much more we can expect from Hemsworth. He seems to have expressed reservations recently.
At the very least an appearance in Kang Dinasty &/or Secret Wars. Plus Thor 5 seems to me as a pretty solid possibility, probably with another director as well.

CH is 39/40 years old. Secret Wars comes out in 2027 so he’ll be 43/44 by then and likely have a part in that. T5 won’t happen before SW, so he would eventually be back for his 5th solo around 2028/2029 or something like that, roughly when he’s 45 he would be filming T5. The thing is that CH could still be playing Thor well into the latter stage of his career…

latest

Old King Thor is a badass character and one that CH could be playing when is 70 or something, I mean Anthony Hopkins was 72 when he did the first Thor and if we where to take that example and slot in an old CH in the armour playing an old Thor it would 100% work.

clean.jpg

At the very least an appearance in Kang Dinasty &/or Secret Wars. Plus Thor 5 seems to me as a pretty solid possibility, probably with another director as well.

CH is 39/40 years old. Secret Wars comes out in 2027 so he’ll be 43/44 by then and likely have a part in that. T5 won’t happen before SW, so he would eventually be back for his 5th solo around 2028/2029 or something like that, roughly when he’s 45 he would be filming T5. The thing is that CH could still be playing Thor well into the latter stage of his career…

latest

Old King Thor is a badass character and one that CH could be playing when is 70 or something, I mean Anthony Hopkins was 72 when he did the first Thor and if we where to take that example and slot in an old CH in the armour playing an old Thor it would 100% work.

clean.jpg
Thanks for that. I remember in the early days of the MCU I was hoping both Hemsworth and Evans would be around for decades. King Thor and Veteran Cap would have been a dream. Unfortunately Evans has gone but hopefully Hemsworth stays as long as possible, and even when he eventually goes is open to a comeback later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"