Anyone having a yearning for travelling through Africa because of this film?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Honestly I've wanted to visit South Africa in particular for ages but even more so after seeing this was filmed partly there. Also in uganda and Zambia.

What about you?

Yes & no, I was very seriously considering going when the World Cup was held there in 2010. The price(s) of flights, hotels & tickets eventually were what mainly put me off or priced me out of the trip. If you planned to visit more than 1 city or country as well, your travel needed to be very well planned out there are quite a lot of security & safety obstacles you'll face that aren't exactly very welcoming as a tourist.. at least on paper anyway.

I used to work with someone that lived & worked in South Africa as an electrician (what part(s) though I wouldn't have a clue) for 10 years before returning home & he spoke very highly of the people & the country.

I suppose it's a bit like even anywhere, it's where exactly you go & what you want to do/experience.

I have already been interested in visiting Africa someday, specifically Ghana, because I've had an interest in that country's culture and development for a while, and I plan to visit Ghana someday for a firsthand look when I get the chance, and perhaps some other nations on the continent as well.

Seeing Black Panther's movie simply increased my interest in exploring different African cultures, as the film did a great job of presenting African culture in a very interesting way and whetting people's appetites for learning more about it in real life.

I am Ghanaian or I come from Ghanaian descent even though I was born and raised here in Canada. I went there when I was about 4 but never went back. I am actually yearning to go back and it helps that my mother goes every single year. She always brings me back cultural and or traditional tribal stuff. However, I definitely want to experience it for myself.

I am Ghanaian or I come from Ghanaian descent even though I was born and raised here in Canada. I went there when I was about 4 but never went back. I am actually yearning to go back and it helps that my mother goes every single year. She always brings me back cultural and or traditional tribal stuff. However, I definitely want to experience it for myself.

That's very cool. :) I hope you get to visit there some time soon.

That's very cool. :) I hope you get to visit there some time soon.

Thanks I appreciate that and now I would say after watching this film I do have a greater appreciation for my roots. Yes I did have an appreciation for it before I always have but it wasn't as large I guess. However, after BP I have basically had more of an appreciation in the sense that I have fully embraced it more.

I'm excited to hear there's an interest. I live in the UK but I'm from Nigeria so I have a different perspective.

I have no burning desire to visit, becasue I've been there often enough and tbh most of my trips have been miserable and not so tourist friendly. There are some awesome spots if you know where to look and you have the cash.

My dream is to go back, start some business and invested in underdeveloped areas.
Few vids I found for your research purposes.
[YT]8fVjZ1Yv74A[/YT]
[YT]QgWJsDwN2B8[/YT]

I've always wanted to visit Ghana and South Africa. My dad believes our ancestors originated from there. Like 2 centuries ago, though. Ghana seems quite appealing. The history of the nation (Shoutout to Nkrumah) and their football team played pretty damn good not too long ago.

In addition to Nigeria, Kenya, Burkina Faso. Heck I wanna visit most of the sub-Sahara.

I've visited all over Europe since I was 18 and I'm a tad disappointed I never ventured out further. Hopefully someday I can.

Not quite answering this question, but I was wondering if any Africans would feel inspired to break away from one of the existing countries and form a new country that they'd call Wakanda.

Is it supposed to be in East Africa, roughly equivalent to the eastern part of the republic of Congo? Is there any civil unrest going on currently? Or what if a group merely broke away to become Wakandans?

Not quite answering this question, but I was wondering if any Africans would feel inspired to break away from one of the existing countries and form a new country that they'd call Wakanda.

Is it supposed to be in East Africa, roughly equivalent to the eastern part of the republic of Congo? Is there any civil unrest going on currently? Or what if a group merely broke away to become Wakandans?
A very peculiar question.

I'd imagine No to your first.

I figured Wakanda was imagined to be in central Africa with the DRC as a neighbor of sorts. Loads of unrest in the central portion of the conflict. Various wars and ethnic cleansing going back decades that hasn't been 100% resolved with fresh wounds appearing.

This is a pretty interesting video which does suggest that Wakanda is somewhere in DRC.

It's a geography channel, which is interesting in its own right for the information it tells you about other non-fictional countries in its other videos.

Hell yeah I have only ever been to Egypt so far. (which oddly never feels like Africa to me)

Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Madagascar, Morocco, Jordan, Tanzania and Zimbabwe to name a few.

I've been to South Africa twice for family trips in the early 2010s, but I've definitely had more of a hankering to visit Lesotho since the film came out. We don't know for sure where different branches of the family came from on the continent, but oral family history claims that one of my ancestors was a Basotho man who came to the Caribbean with a white Englishwoman (circumstances of that, unknown) and the Border Tribe are very much Basotho-influenced, from their clothing and horseback riding to the mountainous environment they inhabit. The flyover shots felt like I was watching my ancestors in that regard, so I definitely would like to see and experience that firsthand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"