Apparently the term "black hole" is racist.....

This was a pretty good movie. One of my favorites from when I was a kid.

51C7ASJKV0L._SS500_.jpg

Now you guys are honestly acting a tad racist for assuming this one moronic black dude reps all the rest of us. Come on now. The black people you know(you do have some black friends, right? :p) surely are not that dumb.
It just seems to occur too often that I will read the news and see an educated black man with a higher-up occupation has misinterpreted something then assumes its a racist comment.My black friends usually think its sad or just laugh at the rediculousness of it.

Seriously, a black hole? Really? :o

So what do I call a blackout now? I guess no more shopping on the black market. I would also like to submit the term white out as racist because I do not resemble snow and caucasians do not completely cover an area making it dangerous to leaver your house.

Here's what I don't get: what does angel's and devil's food cake have to do with a scientific term?

This is what you have to look forward to if we meet gray aliens on Mars, folks: Working any "negative" use of the word gray from your vocabulary. Don't want to offend our anal-probing neighbors, y'know? This furthers my belief that we might be the least intelligent form of life in this part of the galaxy. At least the dead bacteria we found didn't have mouths to create intellectual black holes with.

Do you guys think the two black men in this story are purposefully being ignorant just to play the race card?

Do you guys think the two black men in this story are purposefully being ignorant just to play the race card?

I think they could be. I'd like to believe that human beings can be crafty as often as they are stupid. Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 they really are that ignorant. I'd lean towards the "stupid" side in this case. When someone's BS'ing so they can make a big stink of something small, they tend to sound dispassionate (see "every Al Sharpton complaint over this decade"). This guy sounds more like's he's raging and spitting out his faulty logic rather than trying to shape some elaborate race card ploy.

This is gonna sound racist, but this is an example of how certain minorities seek out racism that isn't really there. Racism would probably die if the vocal voices of minorities would let it. Unfortunately the Jesse jackson's and Al Sharptons of the world need racism to exist and flourish in order for them to keep their power. In a psychotic irony, these guys are activiely keeping alive what they purport to fight in order to maintain their position in society.

Next time someone makes a blanket statement that america is still racist, I'm going to point out that the Democratic nominee for president is Black. In America, small groups remain racist in certain pockets of society, and one of the biggest small groups that remain racist are minorities themselves.

And this is an example of how they try to create racism that just isnt there.

P.S. Dr. Tyson D is the man.

posted by somebody on another board regarding this topic.

posted by somebody on another board regarding this topic.

While I agree with finding racism where there isn't any, simply saying racism doesn't exist at all period is an extremely uninformed and naive statement to make. Just because it's not all, "get to the back of the bus, spraying with fire hoses, colored fountains" doesn't mean it's non existent.

While I agree with finding racism where there isn't any, simply saying racism doesn't exist at all period is an extremely uninformed and naive statement to make. Just because it's not all, "get to the back of the bus, spraying with fire hoses, colored fountains" doesn't mean it's non existent.

That quote didn't say racism doesn't exist period.

That quote didn't say racism doesn't exist period.
But it says that our country isn't racist. Our laws aren't (anymore), but some of our lawmakers and law enforcers are. Not the dude from this particular article, but some are. I mean, you have to keep in mind that this country had racist laws as little as a few decades ago, and some of the people who enforced those laws in those days are still alive and in power. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Old white people and old black people who remember how things used to be in 1960 aren't going to get along as well as black and white people today who were born in the 1970s and later.

But it says that our country isn't racist. Our laws aren't (anymore), but some of our lawmakers and law enforcers are. Not the dude from this particular article, but some are. I mean, you have to keep in mind that this country had racist laws as little as a few decades ago, and some of the people who enforced those laws in those days are still alive and in power. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Old white people and old black people who remember how things used to be in 1960 aren't going to get along as well as black and white people today who were born in the 1970s and later.
No it doesn't. It'd be contradicting itself because they point out to the idiots like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who perpetuate racism. It's saying that Obama getting the Democratic nomination is a tremendous stride.

To me it sounds like he's saying, we got a black prez candidate, so quit whining about racism. He openly admits in the opening statement that his comments are going to sound racist, so I can't really give him too much wiggle room with that.

Racism ultimately leads to the melting of the human brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"