Application: The Age of Arthyr RPG

Kaboom

knock knock
Reaction score
RPG Application

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:
Kaboom

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: kaboom43

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: me, but I'm sure I can find someone else...now accepting applications for my applications

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: 2 GM's, season-by-season

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer):

This RPG will be set during the times of sword and magic where all manner of beasts roam the world. There are elves, trolls, orcs, magicians, knights, assassins, etc.

The RPG will begin on December 31,999 a.d. The world is in a state of feudal dissaray. England has been without a king for some time, until young Arthyr Pendragon removes a sacred sword from a stone in a London parrish graveyard. Whereupon he is crowned King of England.

Some support his coronation. Other oppose it. Still the entire world has taken notice of england's young king. One night, while he sleeps, a thunderbolt is called forth from the heavens. The thunderbolt reveals a short poem which describes a magical/historical artifact Arthyr must discover.

In fact, this thunderbolt has given notice to each Rper of an artifact that they must locate. (I will write the poems, and give out artifacts for each Rper to locate. If a specific RPer desires his mission to find a certain artifact, I will accomadate).

This artifact must be found for at the end of the season, a villian will emerge which will take the combined might of the artifacts to turn back. (It will be one of the rpers in the game, that fate, i.e. I, Kaboom, choose).

However this is not a mission driven rpg. Its expected that you act as your character would, The inclusion of the mission feel is to give the rpg a sense of purpose until the world is fully set.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):
Its a non comic rpg where people can fight with all manners of medeival creature or individual. There isn't one currently, and it will give both new and established rpers an opportunity to play in an entirely new and distinct universe.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The Age of Arthyr: Season One

Example Of Characters Application:

The Age of Arthyr Character Application

Screenname:

Character You Would Like To Play:

Affiliation/Guild/Tribe:

Powers/Skill Set/Abilities:

Weakness:

Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point):

From what literary/fictional/historical source did you derive your character:

What have you changed about your character from the source in which it was derived:

Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character:

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG:

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? :

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:

So, does this take place in the future? Because I think a dark ages war epic would be alot cooler.

no it takes place in the year 1000

it is a dark ages war epic

Sorr, I misread.

Although, if King Arthur did in fact exist, it would have been somewhere around 480-520 A.D.

Sorr, I misread.

Although, if King Arthur did in fact exist, it would have been somewhere around 480-520 A.D.
use fuzzy math. =)

or i can set it back at 500 ad.

the yearreally sint that important.

As long as this stays somewhat historical, I'm happy. Me and Johnny Blaze have been busting our balls since the start of the approval forums to create a myth/fantasy RPG, and I'd really hate to see all that work go to waste.

As long as this stays somewhat historical, I'm happy. Me and Johnny Blaze have been busting our balls since the start of the approval forums to create a myth/fantasy RPG, and I'd really hate to see all that work go to waste.
does that mean youd play?

use fuzzy math. =)

or i can set it back at 500 ad.

the yearreally sint that important.

Oh, I was just saying.

Let's see. That would mean....

Camelot would be a large wooden lodge/keep, not a stone castle (although it would be huge, and would probably have at least one tower and a stone foundation).

Arthur would probably have been trained by the Romans.

Excalibur would be a shortsword. If not a Roman one, it would be of a similar design.

Merlin would be a Druidic Shaman and mystic (and, odds are, Merlin would be his title, not his name).

They'd probably fight a **** load of Vikings.

My concern is that with so many new RPG's, people will not spend enough time on each one and it will inevitably end to failure for some, especially the non-comicbook ones.

I am intrigued by the idea, but I do not have the time, and I fear it will not take off, but you do have my blessings :)

Oh, I was just saying.

Let's see. That would mean....

Camelot would be a large wooden lodge/keep, not a stone castle (although it would be huge, and would probably have at least one tower and a stone foundation).

Arthur would probably have been trained by the Romans.

Excalibur would be a shortsword. If not a Roman one, it would be of a similar design.

Merlin would be a Druidic Shaman and mystic (and, odds are, Merlin would be his title, not his name).

They'd probably fight a **** load of Vikings.

id rather play with arthurian myth then the clive owen arthur of "fact"

plus there will be plenty of elves and trolls and faeries running around.

so theres still the supernatural element to contend with.

id rather play with arthurian myth then the clive owen arthur of "fact"

plus there will be plenty of elves and trolls and faeries running around.

so theres still the supernatural element to contend with.

Well, you don't want to overdue it. You don't want to have Elves and the such running around everytwhere. and Asthetically speaking, I rather like Camelot being a large wooden lodge and Excalibur being a roman-style shortsword.

I'd play if I wasn't stretched so thin at the moment, I'm playing about five or six different characters and haven't been posting much at all.

Which Arthur are we talking about? My vote's for the Morte d'Arthur/Once and Future King one, with Launcelot being disfigured and Merlyn aging backwards and whatnot.

Plus, hey, nothing's more fun than a quest for the Holy Grail.

Ah do beli've that this RPG is obsolete given that the Gods & Men RPG is now in place.

I would play this. I don't see a problem with it. But there are a load of RPGs at the moment and the work load for some people would be crazy. Hell, i can barley keep up with two. But than again I just like the CAH RP so much. Thats all I really post on anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"