Application: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance RPG

Blacklight

Revamped and Renegade.
Reaction score
RPG Application

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:
xman:blacklight

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: no

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:
None yet.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Me and some other GM's will approve character applications regarding this RPG, which will be based off of the Marvel: Ultimate Aliiance video game. Xbox 360 version of course!:woot: This RPG will only last one season, maybe with an aftermath thread.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer). When Dr. Doom and his newly formed "Masters of Evil" group, composed of almost any and all supervillians, attack the SHEILD helicarrier, a story and plan unfolds that threatens the entire Marvel Universe as we know it! Players can apply to be any playable character or non-playable character from the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Gold video game, where the Players will be teamed up into groups of four to carry out given missions. I, the gamemaster, will be playing Nick Fury to breif heroes on the available missions, and players can converse with each other in the short "Hub Periods" that will take place between missions. Hubs like Stark Towers, Asgard, and others.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): A completely new, innovative RPG that will be a new experince for new and old players alike. Also this RPG will provide people the chance to determine the fate of the universe with their actions (or inactions) and give a new "Video Game RPG" experience.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:
The "Universal Crisis: Marvel Ultimate Alliance" RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE RPG SEASON 1

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play in the Alliance:

Powers:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write a complete sentence using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

Sounds like you could do this as an arc in the Ultimate Marvel RPG.

Actually, this could have potential. It's a one season RPG, sure, but it's a much more strict and rigid form of RP'ing than what we usually do (think real-life playing of Dungeons and Dragons). It could be an old-school RPG where it is the GM that determines whether you actions fail or succeed, rather than the free style playing. It'd need to have dedicated players and a GM though.

No. Without need for reasoning.

Two things:

Not seeing two complete sentances under
What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):

*splitting hairs, I know*

Also, under Layout, Ongoing or One shot? :huh:

Two things:

Not seeing two complete sentances under
What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):
*splitting hairs, I know*

Also, under Layout, Ongoing or One shot? :huh:

Sorry. I think this idea is better as a one shot, until MUA2 comes out.

I don't think this is a good idea. It could be done in the Ultimate RPG or later down the line in some other form in the Marvel RPG. The hting is, these characters are no different from the 616 ones. This is more like an arc.

Is it me or is this idea a single story arc that's been proposed as a full rpg?

A story arc which, might I add, has already been played out in a videogame.

I think this RPG can work. It'll be one season only, and I want a chance to see how the heroes we play on a regular basis interact with eachother on missions in teams of four that have yet to be done except in the videogame. I wanna see Spider-Man, Deadpool, Invisible Woman and Nightcrawler save the Omega base. Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, and Cyclops fight Galactus and countless other possibilities.

Not quite countless, if we're sticking to the game.

OK, maybe not infinite possibilities, but well on the verge of thousands.... Point is I like this idea, and the fact that it's a "one-shot" RPG means it can go up when there aren't that many RPG's in play, and it'll only be one season allowing other RPG's to go up or continue their run when it ends.

Is it me or is this idea a single story arc that's been proposed as a full rpg?

A story arc which, might I add, has already been played out in a videogame.
Essentially, but as I said in the first post, it'd really be dependant on how the RPG is played. If a more stricter/rigid approach is done, similar to Dungeons and Dragons, where players partially lose control of the effects of their actions, it could be interesting. Not right now, but at a later time.

Mark me up as one against this RPG being approved. This could be an arc in one of the other RPGs, like others have said. And what's the fun in just repeating the story of a video game?

This could work. I do however think it's gonna be hard to pull off. I mean if you're only using characters from the video game than theres not many character possibility's for allot if people to play. But than again if you don't play it exactly play it like the video game than there are possibility's. Like at the start the avengers could take one side of the ship. While on the other side another team takes the ship. Or even better you could have a team of bad guys in one area and a team of good guys in another and you both fight for who gets control of the ship.

Well this is the list of heroes, I can always add more:

Spider-Man
Deadpool
Captain America
Storm
Thor
Iron Man
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage
Colossus
Wolverine
Human Torch
Thing
Invisible Woman
Mr. Fantastic
Iceman
Black Panther
Cyclops
Daredevil
Nightcrawler
Hulk
Hawkeye
Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange
Captain Marvel
Ronin
Moon Knight
Blade
Elektra
Spider-Woman
Ghost Rider
Black Widow
Nick Fury
Venom
Sabertooth
Magneto
Doctor Doom (alt. universe)

and then there's:

Vision
Hank Pym
and other NPC's from the game

and people can play bad guys and the Masters of Evil
and someone can be Doctor Doom (this universe)

and I'm working on a list of other heroes that you can call RPG exclusive characters including Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch and more.

[sarcasm] :wow: Oh...my...God! An RPG where you can play Marvel heroes?! And you fight Marvel villains?! Why hasn't anyone come up with an idea like this before?! [/sarcasm]

:dry:x100000

When do you guys think we can do it as an arc?

Probably never. It's been done in a video game. What's the fun in doing an arc that's been run through already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"