Sequels Aquaman 2 General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Amber Heard on Her Secret Passion, Elon Musk and a Splashy New Role

According to strong early tracking, the film is expected to earn an impressive $65 million in its domestic debut and top Mary Poppins Returns and Transformers spinoff Bumblebee. That number gave Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich enough confidence to begin talks on a sequel (though no writer has been commissioned yet).

65 million is impressive? This film needs to do as close to 100 as possible. 65 million is the first Thor film's opening weekend.

Wan needs to come back to do the next one. It's necessary he is back, there is so much goodwill just because of him

65 million is impressive? This film needs to do as close to 100 as possible. 65 million is the first Thor film's opening weekend.

The economic dynamics of a movie released at Christmas time appears to be different though. The week to week drops are less steep and that leads to a better multiplier.

The movie's inches away from 600 million already. And yes, its performance so far is impressive considering the competition it steamrolled over. (Bumblebee will break even only after it opens in China.) Aquaman left Thor in the dust.

Yeah, look how much it made in the weekdays.

The movie's inches away from 600 million already. And yes, its performance so far is impressive considering the competition it steamrolled over. (Bumblebee will break even only after it opens in China.) Aquaman left Thor in the dust.
Yeah, look how much it made in the weekdays.

It had a better first Wednesday than both The Last Jedi and Black Panther.

It had a better first Wednesday than both The Last Jedi and Black Panther.

Nice!! It just shows that if this had been released in summer for eg all the excess amounts made on the weekdays would be added to the weekend and we would be looking at $100m plus. So its deceptive for people not used to how Xmas box office works.

I would love to know what is going through his head when Aquaman 2 is mentioned.

A slow mo montage of his memories of working with Jason with Free Love playing in the background intercut with shots of mountains of money

A slow mo montage of his memories of working with Jason with Free Love playing in the background intercut with shots of mountains of money
Haha, how can he not sign with that playing in his mind?

I'm honestly blown away by it's success. Could top 900 million.

Wan is overseeing Annabelle, The Conjuring, Swamp Thing, and I think another project too, that could interfere with fast-tracking a sequel. Comparatively, Patty Jenkins didn't have as much before signing on for WW84.

I guess we'll see, though. They'll find some way to make it happen for Winter 2021 or Winter 2022.

If he is overseeing those like he 'oversaw' The Nun then I don't think he is spending a lot of time on these :D

Wan is overseeing Annabelle, The Conjuring, Swamp Thing, and I think another project too, that could interfere with fast-tracking a sequel. Comparatively, Patty Jenkins didn't have as much before signing on for WW84.

I guess we'll see, though. They'll find some way to make it happen for Winter 2021 or Winter 2022.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting one of those release dates for the sequel.

They should sign him up for at least 2 movies to complete a trilogy.

Wan's the kind of director you can't strong-arm. He knows he can pick and choose what he wants to work on. Making movies (especially the Aquaman kind) is a ton of work, and that's pretty much why Ben's enthusiasm for directing a solo Batman film (as well as starring in it) waned.

Let him make it but allow a 3-4 year gap like Nolan on Batman.

They need to find a way to get rid of or depower the Triton.

Would like to see him on land more. See how his powers translate to a land crisis. Also I'd like to see his relationship with society. Does he get the the Superman treatment, or is he a bit more of a sideshow.

More characters to bounce off. Would like to see Momoa with a male character to banter with. Preferable someone human just to mix things up, but I'll be down with Aqua lad.

Let him make it but allow a 3-4 year gap like Nolan on Batman.

I have a feeling he’s holding out for the right sized paycheque. Hopefully warner brothers cough up

Should Jason cut his hair and shave for the sequel? Give it a sportier look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"