Sequels Aquaman 2 General Discussion & Speculation Thread

‘Aquaman’ Sequel: James Wan Seeking Seaworthy Script As First Film Makes DC History

Needless to say, Warner Bros. is eager to set sail with Aquaman 2. Warner Bros. has been courting the filmmaker and will likely need a whale-sized deal to lock him in. Wan is the only filmmaker who has delivered a billion-dollar moneymaker for two different studios (his Furious 7 revved up $1.5 billion for Universal in 2016) but don’t expect him to ship out from the Aquaman franchise. The filmmaker is deeply invested in the world creation aspect of Aquaman and sees the deep blue sea as a fantasy setting that can be cinematically comparable to Middle-earth, the Jedi galaxy or the wizarding world of the Harry Potter films. There’s a lot of ocean floor and undersea kingdoms left for Wan explore.

Wan’s spokesman says the filmmaker is taking a much-needed break right now and studio sources say that a deal won’t happen until Wan sees a seaworthy script. The project is in development mode until that happens. Another wrinkle is Wan’s first-look deal with New Line. But it would be a shocker if Warner Bros. doesn’t get Wan back on board the same way they locked in director Patty Jenkins for the Wonder Woman sequel.

‘Aquaman’ Sequel: James Wan Seeking Seaworthy Script As First Film Makes DC History

Needless to say, Warner Bros. is eager to set sail with Aquaman 2. Warner Bros. has been courting the filmmaker and will likely need a whale-sized deal to lock him in. Wan is the only filmmaker who has delivered a billion-dollar moneymaker for two different studios (his Furious 7 revved up $1.5 billion for Universal in 2016) but don’t expect him to ship out from the Aquaman franchise. The filmmaker is deeply invested in the world creation aspect of Aquaman and sees the deep blue sea as a fantasy setting that can be cinematically comparable to Middle-earth, the Jedi galaxy or the wizarding world of the Harry Potter films. There’s a lot of ocean floor and undersea kingdoms left for Wan explore.

Wan’s spokesman says the filmmaker is taking a much-needed break right now and studio sources say that a deal won’t happen until Wan sees a seaworthy script. The project is in development mode until that happens. Another wrinkle is Wan’s first-look deal with New Line. But it would be a shocker if Warner Bros. doesn’t get Wan back on board the same way they locked in director Patty Jenkins for the Wonder Woman sequel.
tl;dr - WB to James Wan:
tumblr_inline_mv0v5sNzBw1rx7bhw.gif

With Aquaman and Atlantis becoming more known to the surface world, and Dr. Shin's obsession, the sequel will probably focus on the surface world invading Atlantis and Aquaman's duties as king in protecting it.

tumblr_mt7iirZfp31qkchcvo1_1280.jpg
I hope Wan takes it to the next level with the world building of how the surface world and Atlantis will interact. I hope that the next villain will be the Scavenger.

I hope Wan takes it to the next level with the world building of how the surface world and Atlantis will interact. I hope that the next villain will be the Scavenger.

The Aquamarines omg, i want them

Yay! I’m ready for more. I wonder how they can top the wonder of the last one? I guess they don’t have to worry about convincing the general public he’s cool

With Aquaman and Atlantis becoming more known to the surface world, and Dr. Shin's obsession, the sequel will probably focus on the surface world invading Atlantis and Aquaman's duties as king in protecting it.
Whilst this would seem the natural progression, I'm not sure how (or why) any governing power of the surface world would get behind what would essentially be genocide. It's not as if Atlantis is stockpiling oil. :p

In all seriousness, if there is a genuine surface/oceanic conflict, we'd have to ask the question of where is Diana, where is Clark, where is Bruce (etc). Superman is an American hero and icon, as is Diana post Justice League. I can't believe for one minute they'd just stand by and not try to help out with negotiations, or helping to stop the conflict.

Diana is on themyscria, superman went off to find a new krypton and Bruce fell over in the tub and did his back in. There, done.

tumblr_mt7iirZfp31qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

This would be ridiculous, an advanced civilization like Atlantis, attacked by Shin or Manta who hardly can walk by themselves. In Aquaman, Orm destroyed navy ships with just a wave of water while Manta and Shin invade Atlantis like it was a piece of cake. It doesn't make sense.

I sure hope so too with Scavenger being the main villain and Shin and Manta being side villains if anything

I sure hope so too with Scavenger being the main villain and Shin and Manta being side villains if anything
the main villain must at least be a credible opponent, black manta is a joke, with just one finger Aquaman can kill him.
Besides his hatred of Arthur for killing his dad is also ridiculous. His father was no saint, he was a murderer who got his just deserve. Would like to see Black Manta closed in a room not with aquaman, but with the families of those he murdered, they would tear him apart in seconds.

Release date is set...December 16, 2022

Oh, he’ll be back. It’s tough to say no when there’s a line of dump trucks full of money pulling up to your house 24/7.

If he comes back for Aquaman 2 I just hope Wan outdoors himself for the sequel

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"