Are American Comics Dying?

Wasn't super-impressed with Isom. I ordered the A cover. I read it and was definitely left underwhelmed. Art was solid, dialogue was decent, story didn't really engage me, character designs were kinda bland tbh. I may still check out the second book, but I expected the book to come out guns blazing, and it wasn't that for me. Just my opinion. Glad most people are digging it. (I never really looked into what reviews were saying, just going off a past post.)

So with Aftershock going belly-up and the artists now coming out with news of never-received/late payments, is the question still only "are American comics dying" or...

I'm not going to write off a 7 year old comic company going into bankruptcy as writing off the whole industry.

I’m not that learned on the subject, but I wonder whether the rise of digital comics and subscription services are going to spell the end of smaller floppy comic publishers.

Personally, I have almost exclusively changed my habits since DC launched Ultra and I can read comics digitally a month after they are released. My pull list shrank to 2 titles in the past few weeks, and those are Mark Waid comics. And truth be told, I’m only buying one of them. I didn’t even purchase Batman vs Robin, because I am content to wait and read it digitally. If I like it enough that I want physical copies, I can buy used copies cheaper in a few months.

To add to this conversation further. Considering pros literally drove Ed Piskor to self-deletion this past week, the answer to the subject thread is an overwhelming: YES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"