Are cameras the new guns?

No one is (supposed to be) above the law, not even those who are sworn to protect it. If a police officer acts according to the laws than they would have no fear of being videotaped.

Like it says in the article, I'm sure if the videotape shows an officer kissing a baby I am sure there would not be any pursuit of charges. However if the video tape shows someone being Rodney King'ed not only would the video tape be inadmissible but the video taper would be prosecuted, that is completely messed up.

this is going to get squashed by either a state supreme court or THE supreme court

Don't cameras steal your soul? Technically they are guns.

No one is (supposed to be) above the law, not even those who are sworn to protect it. If a police officer acts according to the laws than they would have no fear of being videotaped.

Like it says in the article, I'm sure if the videotape shows an officer kissing a baby I am sure there would not be any pursuit of charges. However if the video tape shows someone being Rodney King'ed not only would the video tape be inadmissible but the video taper would be prosecuted, that is completely messed up.

Agreed. In this situation, I have no sympy for the cops

so.....if someone videotapes me in public, i can call the cops and have them arrested?

and does this include traffic and security cameras? because i dont consent to them taping me.

Yeah. If cops are allowed to stop people from filming them... I am allowed to go into stores and demand they stop taping me.

Well, the cops are better than all of us. Cause they get that shiny badge, fast car, a gun, and the ability to keep a physically demanding job no matter how big their belly.

also the ability to turn their sirens on when ever they feel like it.

also the ability to turn their sirens on when ever they feel like it.

Actually I think they get a pretty hefty fine if they turn that baby on and it is not warranted....as in, trying to get to the doughnut shop that add is talking about before the next big belly cop gets there.....

Actually I think they get a pretty hefty fine if they turn that baby on and it is not warranted....as in, trying to get to the doughnut shop that add is talking about before the next big belly cop gets there.....

Good luck trying to prove it though.

Disgusting.

Even if a cop is doing something wrong you can't film them?

The system = 1 The individual = 0

"THE MAN" is always hard at work to keep the people down!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

This only applies to the cops.

does it only apply to cops? the article said any video taping is against the law unless all parties consent. i dont remember it being limited to police officers. maybe i mis-read though, i dunno.

because if people wanted to protest this, they'd be best off organizing thousands of people and just have everyone taping everyone then having everyone calling the cops to press charges against everyone. the sheer number of of people pressing charges over a ridiculous law would overwhelm the system and something would surely happen!

If all parties must consent then those cop cars with the cameras are violating the law as well as are the convenience stores and the atms.

this is complete bull if it's a public place then a person is allowed to photograph or tape basically anything the want, they just have to show common sense

it's getting to the stage that if you claim to be a photographer, you're labelled either a pedo or terrorist

all I could think about when reading the title of this thread is the episode of South Park where they kill Britney Spears by taking pictures of her.

I thought of the "Lonely City" arc from Transmetropolitan, where the police stood by and watched a hate-crime related murder, then seized all recorded footage of their inaction.

So what happens if I'm taping my friends and a cop walks into the cameras view? I'm going to jail for 4-15 years? Or a police abuse is happening in the background? This is such BS.

I can see the idea behind this, but it's being implemented badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"