Fantastic Four reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and it's kinda the director's job. Plus... the script is kinda a major tool for your craft. Oh and lets not forget that the writer is an artist too.

:ff: :ff: :ff:
You couldn't be more wrong. None of the great actors use scripts. Not at all. They each improvise their lines, and hope that all of the performances come together into one cohesive product in the end. It's a huge gamble, I know, but the truly great actors always pull it off in the end. The truth of the matter is that people write scripts for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Well, except for bad movies with bad actors. So really, given that their products are only used for bad films and by bad actors, logic dictates that all screenwriters are talentless hacks. Boy, no wonder great actors disregard them!

It's true. Jessica Alba said so.

Last edited:
Watched the first movie again last night... and yes it wasnt great, but it honestly wasn't that bad.

Apart from...

- Dr. Doom (and to an extent Julian Mc Mahon, though im willing to blame the script)

-Jessica Alba... who i frankly liked on my first viewing and still don't think she was a DISASTEROUS choice.

- Lackluster special effects.

It was a pretty decent summer blockbuster, no?

Watched the first movie again last night... and yes it wasnt great, but it honestly wasn't that bad.

Apart from...

- Dr. Doom (and to an extent Julian Mc Mahon, though im willing to blame the script)

-Jessica Alba... who i frankly liked on my first viewing and still don't think she was a DISASTEROUS choice.

- Lackluster special effects.

It was a pretty decent summer blockbuster, no?

I'd agree it wasn't "that bad" . . .

. . . but doesn't The World's Greatest Comic Magazine deserve something better than "not bad"?

I was okay with the movies when we got them because something was better than the nothing we had had for the previous 40 years.

I'm just hoping that the next step will be that someone will invest what's needed to make a film worthy of the franchise.

First it was Chris Evans that stuck the knife in Tim Story and now well, well, Alba comes down on Tim too.

Well he has only himself to blame. He once opined that he had an epiphany when the fox suits gave him exit data on the first movie indicating that a majority of his audience were kids. So looking to build on the success of the first movie Tim decided to make the movie that the suits wanted. He made sure it ran only so long (83 mins) so the little kiddies would not have to be constantly running to the bathroom and of course went for the corny angle on all the scenes. Finally he participated in the snow job that was Cloudactus.

Haahahahahah and now thanks to his subservience to the man, he is like a lost soul, adrift in the industry, no longer an up and coming director but despised by actors who worked with him. First it was Chris Evans who threw him under the bus and now Alba finishes him off in a drive by.

Et Tu Brutus.

But he deserved it if only because he deceived us all with the big Galactus lie. Let him dwell on the reality that no good can come from selling one's soul (artistic or otherwise) for filthy lucre or the promises of more work from Fox. It is clear Rothman and Fox are more than willing to ruin any career.

But I am being too serious, perhaps a little bitter like Alba. FF could have made her career, instead it almost made her quit. I feel really bad for all the actors involved. Most of them were regarded as accomplished talents or up and comers before the first movie came out, even Alba was considered a young talent at the time but because of poor production values they now carry the taint of Tim's lack of understanding that he was selling out to the man and ruining a proud franchise.

So all I can say at this point is well done Brutus.

You couldn't be more wrong. None of the great actors use scripts. Not at all. They each improvise their lines, and hope that all of the performances come together into one cohesive product in the end. It's a huge gamble, I know, but the truly great actors always pull it off in the end. The truth of the matter is that people write scripts for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Well, except for bad movies with bad actors. So really, given that their products are only used for bad films and by bad actors, logic dictates that all screenwriters are talentless hacks. Boy, no wonder great actors disregard them!

It's true. Jessica Alba said so.

I side with Zemeckis on this one. Actors should only alter the dialogue in order to say the same thing the script says but in a way that feels more natural for the character they're playing. So long as it doesn't change the intent of the dialogue. If an actor started going off on a tangent that wasn't in my script and was totally out of left field, I'd shoot them down.

Do we really need Jessica Alba or Chris Evans to tell us that Tim Story is a mediocre director?:dry:

He seems like a good guy and he probably had the best intentions, but I remember reading the novelisation of the 2nd film prior to seeing the movie and I thought it was a pretty good story. . . but he just didn't bring it to life.

It was a story of a world in peril with everything on the line. The Silver Surfer, Doom with the Surfer's power . . . in the right hands it could have been an amazing film. I remember sitting in the theater and just being . . . depressed . . . to not be able to see the story the way I had imagined it when I read the book.

Off Topic: Willie, I just looked at your Land of Nod thing, and that totally sounds like Tron Legacy.

Off Topic: Willie, I just looked at your Land of Nod thing, and that totally sounds like Tron Legacy.

Thank you. I'll have my lawyer contact them.:cwink:

I don't know much about Tron, but I'm pretty sure the resemblence is superficial at best. Feel free to use the coupon code and download a free copy. It doesn't cost me anything to give away free copies and you might enjoy it.

Something I have played around with for awhile is fanediting things. One thing I have plans to do sometime is to add Galactus to FF:ROTSS. It will be less than a minute...but at the end when SS goes up against Galactus I'm thinking of inserting a bit of the big G from the SILVER SURFER animated series.

Do we really need Jessica Alba or Chris Evans to tell us that Tim Story is a mediocre director?:dry:

He seems like a good guy and he probably had the best intentions, but I remember reading the novelisation of the 2nd film prior to seeing the movie and I thought it was a pretty good story. . . but he just didn't bring it to life.

It was a story of a world in peril with everything on the line. The Silver Surfer, Doom with the Surfer's power . . . in the right hands it could have been an amazing film. I remember sitting in the theater and just being . . . depressed . . . to not be able to see the story the way I had imagined it when I read the book.

Nope, I figured that out on my own....

As far as the novelization I thought the same exact thing. The movie I had going on in my head was much better than the movie on screen.

I never once felt that Galactus was ever a real threat. And IMO that was paramount from the very beginning.

Now as you know, I wasn't exactly excited about a big purple dude on screen.....but I did feel that they could have done a much better job at making Galactus at least FEEL like a being to be feared. Never felt that happened.

Something I have played around with for awhile is fanediting things. One thing I have plans to do sometime is to add Galactus to FF:ROTSS. It will be less than a minute...but at the end when SS goes up against Galactus I'm thinking of inserting a bit of the big G from the SILVER SURFER animated series.

Cool! I'd like to see that when you have it.

Nope, I figured that out on my own....

As far as the novelization I thought the same exact thing. The movie I had going on in my head was much better than the movie on screen.

I never once felt that Galactus was ever a real threat. And IMO that was paramount from the very beginning.

Now as you know, I wasn't exactly excited about a big purple dude on screen.....but I did feel that they could have done a much better job at making Galactus at least FEEL like a being to be feared. Never felt that happened.

Yeah, but the good news is there clearly is room for a talented visionary to show us what we were missing in the first films.

Within the next few months I think we'll be getting some good news - either in the form of Fox investing and getting a big-name director or (more likely at this point IMHO) an announcement that the rights will be going back to Marvel/Disney.

I don't have much faith in Fox, but I'm reasonably confident they won't repeat the mistakes of the past.

i'm planning on writing a script of my own, and also re-designing some characters for the new movie, so here's my design for a movie Moleman, based on Timothy Spall:

Jessica Alba was the only reason I re-watch the FF movies....

OK! I GET IT!

The F4 movies were bad! I get it!

Now can we stop talking about how bad they were and start talking about an ideal F4 movie series?

I apologize if I came off kinda-trollish.:csad:

The thing is that Alba is not some tremendous "actress." She's hot and a movie star but she's not like you know Natalie Portman or ScarJo level.

Denzel Washington brought Alonzo to life in Training Day, but a lot of his lines and material that he worked with were in David Ayers script as well. Scripts are a blueprint and open to interpretation as well. I just think that's part of the collaboration process.

I don't know what Evans said about Story, but I mean . . . I don't think Evans has truly proven himself yet. He seemed destined for obscurity before getting the offer to play Cap. And let's be honest, with the way the casting process was revealed all over the place, I mean c'mon.

That being said I think part of the problem with the movie is that Fox picked a weak director that wasn't going to challenge them and was going to make the movie Fox wanted. All Story had done in features were cheap cheesy comedies. Not exactly the ideal choice for a person who will do the first family of comics justice.

Its more depressing seeing as to how Brad Bird made the movie Fantastic Four should've been.

Well you know there is nothing that is a blatant denouncing of Story in there.

Not to mention Story sort of gave Evans his big break.

Pretty much.He probably didn't want to burn (pun intended) any bridges with Story.

Goddammit Fox, will you stop pretending you still give a **** about the F4 and just hand it over to Disney already?! You've still got X-Men!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"