Are ppl intimidated by good looking people?

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
Saw this on another site, and thought it struck up a valid question:

i was sitting on the bus this morning during the busy hour and i noticed a very hot blonde chick(super model status) sitting by herself. As more and more people got on people made an effort to not sit in the seat right next to her. when the bus was almost full a guy had the opportunity to sit in the seat right next to her but when he saw her he chose to stand. My question is are people intimidated by good looking people?

I think this in general is true. I've gotten on a bus and seen a really hot looking girl, and not wnated to sit next to her in case she:

1)...gets up suddenly; which would be embarrassing to me.
2)... thinks i'm trying to chat her up.
3)Or I end up doing something stupid and ridiculous in her eyes.....

On the other side of the coin, i've been sitting on a bus, where there 's an empty seat right next to me, and i've seen really hot girls get on the bus and stand up, as oppose to sitting down besides me. Probably because they think i'll try to talk to them....or maybe i'm the hot one and they're intimidated by me.:cwink:

Now that i'm married and older, it doesn't bother me either way. But when i was in my teens and early twenties, i could relate.

Your thoughts.....

Not me, webcamming a cutie and not bothered how pretty she looks :p and I would sit next to a cutie and try to strike up a conversation

To an extent, I'd say so. I know when I'm on the train, I very rarely go towards the hot girl if there's space somewhere else. It's not really much of an intentional thing, but I guess subconsciously there's an underlying reason.

However, in the times I am with said hot girl(s), I don't make a fool outta myself or anything. I'm actually pretty good at looking very indifferent in their presence. :o

I wouldn't know since I don't ride the bus. Now if I'm in a store (grocery store, clothing store, book store) or the library, I just make sure I don't walk into anyone no matter if they're hot or not.

Well you consider two things:

1. Yes you should sit next to very hot girl.

2. Ask her out if answer is no then least you tried....

If I see an open seat on a bus or train and a hot girl is sitting next to it, I'm going to take the seat. Not because she is hot and I'm going to be sitting next to her, but because I want to sit down! Though I probably won't talk to her. :D I would think she would find that creepy anyway.

Yep, I would say that I am intimidated by good looking people. However, I'd say it's more because I am nervous and lack self-confidence than just because she is fine as hell.

Come now. You were practically begging for it.

I only beg in very specific situations. Like when someone has a whip.

whip.gif
:hehe:

Meh, who gives a f**k, it's public transit! :huh: I'll rarely ever sit next to someone unless I have to, lol.

Even though i don't take public transport anymore, i find that i still do it out of habit even now. In class, at college if i see a really hot girl in class, i never sit next to her. Why? Not because i lack self confidence, but because i don't want her to think that i'm sitting next to her just so i can talk to her. I just figure that hot girls get hit on all the time, so they assume every guy that comes near them, is trying to talk to them.

It's funny too because it can work in ones favor, because this is how i met my wife. I met her on my old job. She's hot, and all the guys at my job were hitting on her for months when she first started. But i barely said two words to her because i figured guys are trying to talk to her all day. In fact, if i saw her walking my way, i'd look away and avoid eye contact. Now, that we're are married with kids, i asked her, "Why me?" "Why of all the guys on the job, did you take interest in me?" She told me it was because i was the only guy that never hit on her. :cwink: And she wanted to see whether i was gay, or just didn't find her attractive.In the end, she said it was refreshing/attractive that someone wasn't hitting on her. This won't wok with all women, as some loved to be chased, but in my instance it worked.

I've heard this from other ppl i know too, who are hot. Hot ppl are so used to being hit on, that when someone doesn't hit on them, they start questioning themselves, no matter how good they look. :up:

That's so crazy it might work, Golgo :)

I'm going to try it next time I'm in a bar: *eggyman approaches hot girl* 'Hey ugly, would you mind if I don't buy you a drink?'

Reverse psychology FTW! :D

I used to be but not anymore. I just came to the conclusion that I'm not very attractive and that most attractive women would not be interested in me. Once I stopped worrying about how I looked or acted because some random chick I do not know might not date me, then I was no longer intimidated. I looked at them as just regular people. Its funny because I have a lot of very attractive girls for friends.

^.Nothing personal to you, but this leads me to another question:

Do attractive girls always pick un-attractive guys as their friends?.... Because they know that the guy has to know that he doesn't stand a chance in hell at being intimate with them; yet the girl still gets the benefit of having a male friend, that many girls like to have.....?

That's so crazy it might work, Golgo :)

I'm going to try it next time I'm in a bar: *eggyman approaches hot girl* 'Hey ugly, would you mind if I don't buy you a drink?'

Reverse psychology FTW! :D

The ugly girl: "Can I break you?"

Th^t's an interesting thought, Goglo. Maybe when it's obvious that sex/relationship isn't on the cards, friendship has a better chance to flourish? Maybe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"