• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Are things going too fast?

rohitiyer

Civilian
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... I'm in love with this show and I also understand that it's a Saturday morning cartoon mainly aimed at kids.

But is it just me, or are things moving a little too fast? I mean we just had the goblin arc, then a cameo by Doc Ock and then suddenly the black suit; not to mention the Chameleon, Quentin Beck, Black Cat, Captain Stacy, etc.

It's like the producers and writers are going through a laundry list of characters and events so that they can move on to new stuff.

When I watch with my non-geek friends, they're always asking me - "Who's this? Where'd she come from? What's happening?"

It's all fun and good, but maybe they could slow up a little.

The first season is the toughest for any show. You have to keep up interest for a second season, which the viewers really become the permanent fan base. I think we'll see much, much more development with each character in the second season.

I agree with both. They are going a little too fast, but this is exactly what they want. They have to include all this stuff in the first season, all the major villains and certainly the symbiote saga, so as to ensure excitement for a second season. The symbiote saga in TAS was also included in the first season, it's how these shows go.
I do believe (and hope) though, that they'll slow down just a little in the second season, flesh out some of the characters a little more, and go with more complicated multi-episode storylines, involving major villains. Not any childish "Neogenic Nightmare" stuff, but "Master Planner" and "Gang wars" could span 2 to 4 episodes each.

I agree with both. They are going a little too fast, but this is exactly what they want. They have to include all this stuff in the first season, all the major villains and certainly the symbiote saga, so as to ensure excitement for a second season. The symbiote saga in TAS was also included in the first season, it's how these shows go.
I do believe (and hope) though, that they'll slow down just a little in the second season, flesh out some of the characters a little more, and go with more complicated multi-episode storylines, involving major villains. Not any childish "Neogenic Nightmare" stuff, but "Master Planner" and "Gang wars" could span 2 to 4 episodes each.

Agreed, I want to see adaptations of those old school storylines instead of made-up filler material like in the 90's TAS. I'm fairly sure this show will deliver.

A cameo by Doc Ock? A whole episode is a cameo :confused:

Yeah, perhaps they have gone too fast with things...

black cat and symbiote come to mind....

and the green goblin saga feels like it came to a stop real quick and still things havent been sorted out with tombstone

tombstone, green goblin and venom could have all held a series each.

It may just backfire and make following seasons lack a little, when spidey's average rogue's start repeating themselves, they actually aren't that interesting to watch.

Saying this though, they've got more than enough peter parker storyline to keep them going.

the faster they get the venom character over and done with so they can concentrate on the silver age characters the better, so no they aren't moving to fast.

There has been a lot being thrown out there in 11 (or how many ever) episodes there have been. I understand it though; as mentioned they needed to grab people's attention, as well as distinguish this from any of the other Spidey shows. Taking that into account, I haven't really minded that so much has been offered so soon. It's been handled well and the show is damn entertaining overall. I imagine the newer episodes being scripted will become more deliberate now that the show has established itself.

it may suffer from the 'heroes' effect though, if you start off at an explosive pace it becomes very hard to follow it next season but you have to make season one as good as possible or the network may not pick up the second season.

Yeah, it's definitely a balance. With whatever the situation is with Kids WB/whatever it's called now, I don't blame the show for coming out with both webshooters firing. I would have liked to seen them hold off on the symbiote until the finale though.

It's a cartoon, not a comic book, we can't wait 10 episodes until we see the next villain. Something tells me that if the show wasn't moving at this pace, we get people saying how slow and boring it is with not enough action, like what was said about SM2.

It's a cartoon, not a comic book, we can't wait 10 episodes until we see the next villain. Something tells me that if the show wasn't moving at the pace, we get people saying how slow and boring it is with not enough action, like what was said about SM2.

People love to *****. No matter what this show does, people will *****.

Not really. This show I think knows pretty clearly where it is going in a two season storyline and is pacing itself fine. Sure BC came late in TAS, but Venom showed up pretty darn early in TAS as well and it worked. It works here and unlike TAS, this is more faithful and you can see Norman/GG returning and the death of Gwen Stacy bbeing the centerpiece (or rather finale) of season 2.

I think this show knows what it is doing and fans just like to second guess everything too much.

They're going way too fast, IMO, but it doesn't take away from the show. The symbiote/Venom shouldn't appear until about the 3rd Season at the earliest.

I don't understand that. What's wrong with making Venom a villain earlier on? In movies I understand there are simpler to tell (which you need) and more worthy villains that need to make it to the screen first and in all honesty, we probably shouldn't have seen Venom in a movie until SM4 or SM5.

But what is wrong with doing it in a show that has a new villain almost every week and tons of subplots? Long as it is well told you can fold Venom into the villain line-up along with the rest of the rogue gallery. The first season of TAS was amazingly good and the peak of it was the black suit saga and it did not take away from the Hobgoblin two parter that followed it.

Why not do the black suit in the first season? Just because it happened differently in the comics? Well, why not let the black suit come from Secret Wars too, then? Why not make Brock a random stalker with a terrible motive? That's how it is in the comics...

Sarcastic Fan said:
People love to *****. No matter what this show does, people will *****.

Not that I disagree with you, but nobody has really complained about this so far. It's just an observation.

I don't understand that. What's wrong with making Venom a villain earlier on? In movies I understand there are simpler to tell (which you need) and more worthy villains that need to make it to the screen first and in all honesty, we probably shouldn't have seen Venom in a movie until SM4 or SM5.

But what is wrong with doing it in a show that has a new villain almost every week and tons of subplots? Long as it is well told you can fold Venom into the villain line-up along with the rest of the rogue gallery. The first season of TAS was amazingly good and the peak of it was the black suit saga and it did not take away from the Hobgoblin two parter that followed it.

Why not do the black suit in the first season? Just because it happened differently in the comics? Well, why not let the black suit come from Secret Wars too, then? Why not make Brock a random stalker with a terrible motive? That's how it is in the comics...
i think its because he's the toughest enemy to overcome in a fight, so it makes battles after Venom seem not as epic, like saving Scorpion til season 2-3 or w/e, he's basically just going to appear to be a weaker version of Venom unless they change him

Venom is a physical foe, nothing more. The other foes like Green Goblin, Tombstone/Bigman, and Hobgoblin when they get to him will be deadlier foes because there's more to them than just brute force.

And if you bring up the "but he knows Peter's secret!" thing, let's face it Venom had never done anything with that information CLOSE to what Harry or Norman did.

Venom is a physical foe, nothing more. The other foes like Green Goblin, Tombstone/Bigman, and Hobgoblin when they get to him will be deadlier foes because there's more to them than just brute force.

And if you bring up the "but he knows Peter's secret!" thing, let's face it Venom had never done anything with that information CLOSE to what Harry or Norman did.

Quoted for mother****ing truth!

Venom should have been Abomination to Peter's Hulk, only stronger. Blonsky knows how to hurt Bruce like when he poisoned Betty.

Instead, he's....not.

Well they did say in the podcast that Venom was going to be manipulative and evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"