Are women characters important?

-Catwoman-

Civilian
Reaction score
Why? Does it deal with sexual agency? Does it have to do with confident women? Why are you interested in any of the women portrayed in Batworld?

Catwoman
Jezebel
Poison ivy
Harley Quinn
Lady Shiva
Talia
Etc.

Be specific please.

To be honest, I really couldn't care less if these characters you bring up are men or women. Would it be different? Yeah, a bit. LOL But their gender doesn't make them interesting; it's the fact that Batman has, single handedly, the GREATEST Rogue's Gallery of Villains: All unique, different, and outrageously awesome in their character structure and origins, fixations, goals, and overall psychological profiles. Spiderman's choices of male and female antagonists are recognizable, but Batman's will FOREVER be iconic and memorable for hundreds, maybe even THOUSANDS of years to come if Bob Kane's legacy lives for so long.

Are they important? Sure, some more than others, but it all comes down to how they're written. I admit I've never really been a fan of any female side character in the bat-universe because they all seem poorly written (except Montoya, Essen and maybe Talia), but I've never really "liked" any of the characters. I've never felt even remotely emotionally attached to any of the female characters in the stories I've read.

I really hope it changes with Catwoman in TDKR. I think Hathaway is a fantastic actress and could really deliver something special, if the writing is on-par with the previous films. I hope they don't simply go with a typical "strong" female character, in which she can "handle herself" and gives Batman lots of sass and quips. That crap has been so overdone and is a cliche at this point. I hope, and believe, that she'll have a powerful character arc and the writing will really make me feel emotionally involved with her character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"