why are the characters diffrent?

superhero_mania

It's Raining Heroes!
Reaction score
Batgirl is really diffrent.
Harley quinn is really diffrent.
The joker is really diffrent.
Poison ivy is diffrent. etc, etc

In the new series to come Oracle looks diffrent and so does nightwing!
all the characters look freaky

diffrent from what?
other completly nonrelated series?

Nightwing and such are only in for 1 episode (which i just watched like 5 minutes ago), in a TDKR's kind of episode. Its not bad actually.

They are different because they are trying something new and diffrent for a new series and it is doing extremeley well.

I think part of the reason the characters are so different is because the creators wanted to modernise them a little, hence the Joker's new look with dreadlocks etc.

In my opinion some of them work and some of them don't, Penguin really doesn't work for me at all.

Comic book characters in cartoons tend to change radically with each new project, as each series has to find it's own voice, The Batman has to distinguish itself from BTAS, Batman Beyond ETC.

I loved the Batman/Nightwing/Oracle/Mr.Freeze: Future episode! Favorite episode by far! :woot:

when characters differed from their comic book originals in batman/superman/static shock/batman beyond/justice league/justice league unlimited, you don't bat an eyelid but it's now an issue with the batman?

:confused:

They made changes to not only distinguish itself from the past Batman cartoon shows, but also to modernise them and make them more kid friendly and relatable to the kids today.
For example the thugs, instead of being 50s style mobsters, have earings, baggy pants, and stuff like that.

I don't care for this show, mostly because I loved the Timm Batman stuff, but these guys were given the incredibly hard job of creating a brand new Batman show and not having it relate to the old shows AND still measure up to them.
its like expecting Legion of Superheroes to measure up to JLU or Teen Titans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"