Are XBOX parts compatable with a PC?

P

Popowinator

Long time reader, first time poster........Anyway, I just curious as if it would be possible to take Xbox parts as it's been broken for years and put them in my PC. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Well for the 360 all you need is a vga cable to play on your cpu monitor:o

I'm sure you could use the hard drive or something, but I should think it would take a good deal of jury-rigging. Splicing wires and connectors, etc. If you have experience in electronics it shouldn't be too hard.

Popowinator said:
Long time reader, first time poster........Anyway, I just curious as if it would be possible to take Xbox parts as it's been broken for years and put them in my PC. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The only Xbox thing that will work in a PC is the HDD. You have to unlock it first though... and its kinda pointless since its only 8Gb.

Far cheaper and easier to just go buy the compenents for your PC that you would like. As others have said, the hard drive might be compatible depending on what sort your PC will accomodate, but you'll have to muck with the locking mechanism on it and then you'll only get 8GB's of minimum bang out of it. If the X-Box is broken, you'd be better off either selling it for parts on eBay or trying to get the parts you need to repair it somehow.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"