Arkham Reborn

Greg

Civilian
Reaction score
arkhamcov001.jpg

ARKHAM REBORN #1 (of 3)
written by David Hine
with interior art by Jeremy Haun,

This picks up after the events of BATTLE FOR THE COWL. After the Black Mask’s destruction of Arkham Asylum, Dr. Jeremiah Arkham has rebuilt the Asylum following the design of his mad uncle Amadeus. Intended as a model for enlightened treatment of mental illness, the building soon mutates into a torture house, and the inmates find themselves trapped in a living hell. And when Jeremiah starts hearing a voice from beyond the grave, it becomes painfully clear that you can’t really get rid of the crazy when it comes to Arkham Asylum.

This new mini, which reunites the creative team behind BATTLE FOR THE COWL: ARKHAM ASYLUM, hits 10/28.

Sounds pretty cool and I like that cover a lot.

Sounds a lot like Serious House On Serious Earth.

And on that note, has anyone got a pic of Harvey looking at the moon in that one?

The only time Jeremiah Arkham was interesting was in Living Hell, I loved him there.

BftC: Arkham Aslyum was great hopefully this will be just as good.

That is a really nice cover. Wish I would have picked up BftC: Arkham Aslyum now. Maybe I'll still try and find it.

ARKHAM-2.jpg

ARKHAM REBORN #2
Written by David Hine
Art by Jeremy Haun
Cover by Frazer Irving
Jeremiah Arkham's dream for a new asylum is rapidly turning into a nightmare as he is forced to call in Batman to put down a riot. But who or what is behind the sabotage? Is it possible that the asylum itself is inflicting its own retribution on the inmates? Find out in this 3-issue miniseries from the BATTLE FOR THE COWL: ARKHAM ASYLUM creative team of writer David Hine and artist Jeremy Haun!
On Sale November 25 • 2 of 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

I can't wait for this book. Loved Serious House and this seems like its in the same vein.

Hine is a very underrated writer. I would love for him and Irving to have a go on one of the main Batman books.

Oh yes, definitely. Thus far both of Hine's Bat one-shots have been great and seems with his style of writing and stories, he was made to write Bat-books. Irving would definitely be a great fit for his creepy tales.

Definitely looking forward to this. Too bad it doesn't hit stores until the end of October.

arkhamcov003.jpg

ARKHAM REBORN #3
Written by David Hine
Art by Jeremy Haun
Cover by Frazer Irving
The nightmare continues as Batman battles Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze and Clayface while the child-killing Raggedy Man gets his just desserts and Dr. Jeremiah Arkham learns the truth behind the Amadeus Code. Nothing is what it seems, and as the layers of madness are stripped away, s starting to look like the new Arkham Asylum is one big joke.
On sale December 23 • 3 of 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

covers look cool, but i cant help but presume this is going to be a mediocre story who's only purpose is to return things to the status quo.

Looks like a very promising series. I can't wait for it.

I hope those 3 special patients of Arkham's shown in BftC one shot IIRC return

Hine discusses the book in time for it's release this week!

http://www.theouthousers.com/content/view/4973/163/

Greg: Now FVZA isn't the only horror work from you coming out this week. There's also your upcoming Batman: Arkham Reborn mini from DC. Tell us about that now.

David: Funnily enough that book is probably quirkier than FVZA even though it's a DC book and part of the Batman stable. I was given a lot of free rein on the Battle For the Cowl Arkham one-shot and that book left a lot of loose ends. This new mini-series, Arkham Reborn, follows those loose ends. That's not to say that everything is neatly tied up. There is an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, shrouded in mystery at the heart of the asylum. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

This time round there are more of the established Batman characters, including Batman himself. We have Clayface, Mr Freeze, Doctor Phosphorus. Basically the villains who have been rounded up over recent months and thrown back in the asylum. There's also a new character called Alyce Sinner. I don't want to say too much about her because almost anything would be a spoiler. Let's just say she has an interest in the Seven Deadly Sins. I've been very lucky with the Arkham books because these are very offbeat stories that probably wouldn't normally get a massive audience. Because it was part of the Battle for the Cowl event, the one-shot sold over 40,000 copies, which is very healthy. I was a little worried over the reception it might get from Batman fans. My characters, No-Face, The Hamburger Lady and the Mirror Man aren't villains and have no super-powers but that didn't seem to bother people. I do see speculation on message boards debating what kind of powers they will develop and what villainy they have planned but they really aren't like that. My work in the mainstream is a constant test to write popular comics without big fight scenes and standard good v. evil scenarios. There is a fight scene in this series when Batman shows up but really the interest should be in the interaction between the characters and the torment of their mental illness.

Oh yeah, and there is a character called The Raggedy Man who is about as twisted as any character I've written but you know... he can't help it. It was his parents' fault.

My characters, No-Face, The Hamburger Lady and the Mirror Man aren't villains and have no super-powers but that didn't seem to bother people. I do see speculation on message boards debating what kind of powers they will develop and what villainy they have planned but they really aren't like that. My work in the mainstream is a constant test to write popular comics without big fight scenes and standard good v. evil scenarios.
I like that

Very well-written first issue! What you guys think?

I liked the 1st issue, looking forward for this one. :D

#2 was very teasing at the end. :) This issue also furthers the theory that Black Mask is
Jeremiah Arkham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"