RPG Application: DC: Return of the Legends

Red_Robin77

Civilian
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Red_Robin77

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Not at the moment

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Not yet, but anybody who's interested can contact me (PM etc.)

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Ongoing RPG

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Application, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

The last rise of the Society was 15 years ago. Lead by Lex Luthor, who publicly fought Superman alongside the other Society members. The last time anybody saw Kal-El of Krypton alive, was a bloodied heap on the streets of Metropolis, a chunk of kryptonite extruding from his chest.

As Arkham Asylum was overrun, the inmates drove the city to hell, Batman nowhere in site. At the same time, Wayne Manor was seen to burn down, for reasons unknown, and only one body pulled from the remains, Alfred Pennyworth. Bruce Wayne was officially missing.

Wonder Woman was the last member of the Trinity. Taking responsibility, she assembled the various heroes, willing to fight the hard fight. A battle ensued in the cities of the world, villains vs. heroes. By the end, the Amazon Princess was only a small feast of the Cheetah, and nothing more.

Hawkman took up the role of leading the surviving heroes to take down those villains that survived. The heroes conquered the villains eventually, but only after losing many friends and allies. The battle that had ensued had caused panic among the civilians, provoking a large movement from the heroes. Nearly all the heroes stood down from their mantles, whether it was due to loss of friends, a guilty conscience or weariness, heroes became near extinct.

A small group, going by the name of the Outsiders, were the only heroes still active. They were a covert group, rarely appearing in the public eye, doing the jobs that a government couldn't. Fifteen years on, and the Outsiders continue their small fight. But a new generation is rising, and within it is some of the world's greatest heroes. The public haven't seen an active hero in 15 years, reactions maybe mixed, but they must go on. It's time for the New Age of Heroes to rise again.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): This will bring an RPG that has an idea used before, but I think has a good chance to get established now. It's an idea that's been running through my head, and I think it can be popular and a successful RPG.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: DC: Return of the Legends

Example Of Characters Application:

Character You Would Like to Play:

Powers:

History of Character:

Reasons for choosing this Character?:

Sample Post: (Minimum of three paragraphs with at least one line of dialogue)

Do You Know How to Post Pictures on The Hype?

I'd actually be in for this. :up: I can't resist post-apocolypic stories.

This actually sounds strikingly similar to what I have in store for Ultimate DC, provided we ever get to Season 2

Four DC RPG's? 1870 isn't even off the ground yet. I think this is much too soon.

I like the idea of a DC Universe that isn't defined by it's usual suspects, but nothing beyond that seems to really interest me about the concept. I also agree with Harl - DC: 1870's only gathered a couple of dedicated parties thus far. Finding more for this game seems like it'd be a task right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"