Iron Man Sequels Armor Wars Movie

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
I not seen a thread on the upcoming Armor Wars movie. It started off as a TV series, but was turned into a movie:

Marvel’s Iron Wars to Be Movie As Don Cheadle Disney+ Series Changes Course – The Hollywood Reporter

It's going to feature Jim Rhodes and Riri Williams as the protagonists in an adaption of the Armor Wars story and expand on Rhodes characters.

'Armor Wars': Don Cheadle on "Digging" into Rhodey for the Upcoming Movie

It also might be connected to the Secret Wars show:

How Secret Invasion Can Connect To Marvel's Armor Wars Movie

Really armor wars is a pretty self-contained story in the comics, someone steals Iron Man specs and sells them to every criminal who is willing to pay and Iron Man goes to extreme lengths to prevent his tech from being abused. It didn't need Skrulls or a million other heroes to show up or connections with other unrelated stories. Keep it simple.

I wonder who the villain would be, I feel like the Controller is a major Iron Man villain who hasn't shown up, is pretty creepy, and is definitely a different type of threat.

Controller (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia

There have been variuos reports of who would be in this, at one time heard Sam Rockwell would reprise his role as Justin Hammer as the original armor wars were started by him stealing stark tech, but recently he seems to be unaware of being in the film, also heard Ri Ri Williams would also be in the film, but again, nothing solid.
My guess or wish would be numerous never on screen Iron Man villains as this is essentially an Iron man story re told with Rhody as the lead not Tony, some fans want Robert Downey Jr back as an AI version of himself, but i think based off recent comments by RDJ that is wishful thinking, i believe no amount of money would get him back, so time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"