Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Crockett

With Teeth
Reaction score
The game was revealed on the cover for Gameinformer's September issue, developed by Visceral Games and targeting for a March 2013 release.

GUILDFORD, UK – Aug 2, 2012 – Electronic Arts Inc. today announced Army of TWO™ The Devil’s Cartel, the gritty third installment to the blockbuster action franchise celebrated for its intense, two player co-operative gameplay. Developed by Visceral Games™, the award-winning creators of Dead Space™, Army of TWO The Devil’s Cartel re-sets the series that pioneered the co-op experience with a more intense, mature and grittier tone. Players will find themselves on the deadly streets of Mexico as Alpha and Bravo, two operatives working for Tactical Worldwide Operations (T.W.O.), a PMC outfit that drops them in the middle of a drug war conflict for an assignment full of corruption and deceit. With the ability to unleash the power of ultimate destruction, players will need to work together as their objectives unravel, allegiances begin to blur and they face off against a ruthless opposition.

“We wanted to refresh the Army of TWO franchise for a new generation of action gamers, and at the same time, stay true to the core concept that really made the first two games fan favorites,” said Julian Beak, Executive Producer, Visceral Games. “With meaningful, seamless co-op gameplay at its core and explosive new tag-team features, gamers will have to work together tactically and strategically as they push through a city dominated by one of Mexico’s deadliest drug cartels.”

Steve Papoutsis, General Manager of Visceral Games, added, “Our goal with Army of TWO The Devil’s Cartel is to apply our key design principles – immersive, challenging gameplay, intense narrative and focus on quality – to help improve a franchise we feel has always had a lot of potential.”

Featuring both online and split-screen co-op, Army of TWO The Devil’s Cartel gives players the chance to distinguish themselves from their friends by providinga deeper and more advanced upgrade and customization system. From the mask that protects them in battle to the very weapons that keep them alive, players can customize their own Alpha and Bravo to create the deadliest mercenary team as they see fit.

Army of TWO The Devil's Cartel will be available in March 2013 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/08/02/september-cover-revealed_3a00_-army-of-two_3a00_-the-devil_1920_s-cartel-headlines-our-co_2d00_op-issue.aspx

Last edited:
Never really got into the AoT games, but the chance to shoot up the Mexican Cartel? Consider me highly intrigued.

We wanted to refresh the Army of TWO franchise for a new generation of action gamers

The first game only came out what? Four year ago? Five? Who is this "new generation"? :dry:

Since it takes place in Mexico, I think it would have been cool if their mask designs were based on that awesome, ornate skull imagery you see on Day of the Dead. Oh well.

I found that quote funny too, the series is alright but I've only played the first game together with my brother, AI wasn't good but I enjoyed the mindless action and since it's designed for co-op it makes the experience much more enjoyable. Also I don't know what to think about this having a more mature and gritty tone, don't we have enough games that are doing the same?

I found that quote funny too, the series is alright but I've only played the first game together with my brother, AI wasn't good but I enjoyed the mindless action and since it's designed for co-op it makes the experience much more enjoyable. Also I don't know what to think about this having a more mature and gritty tone, don't we have enough games that are doing the same?

Thats what i hated about the first 2 games. They were too corny. The darker tone is what is intriguing me about this installment.

This franchise has been a guilty pleasure of mine. The first game had loads of character and big dumb fun. The second... not so much but it still managed to be enjoyable because of Rios and Salem.

Not having Rois and Salem playable is a big disappointment. Rios and Salem, damn it. The bromance will never die. :csad:

Had some great moments with the first two. Sad to see Salem and Rios not coming back. Salem is one of my favourite VG characters.

Also the end of 40thDay with a Deadpool mask was badass. :oldrazz:

I played like, one hour's worth of time on the first game and didn't like it. But I LOVED the second game, major improvement. No Salem and Rios makes me hesitant though, especially since Nolan North voiced Salem in the last game. I hope this thrid game can expand on the scenarios The 40th Day created.

Thats what i hated about the first 2 games. They were too corny. The darker tone is what is intriguing me about this installment.

Different strokes I guess, though I've heard that the second one was trying to be too serious. Anyway I like that this series had some lighthearted humor enough to differentiate from the rest in today's crowded shooter market, now it's just like them, but I'm not judging beforehand, who knows? Perhaps it's good, the controls weren't the series' strong-side so hope they could tweak that.

I had fun with the first Army of Two game, I thought it was a fantastic co-op experience but haven't play the second one yet. Anyway, I'm curious to see what Visceral Games will do with the "reboot".

I think the idea of Army of Two is fine but the games haven't been the best. Hopefully this steps it up a level.

Any reason you're so pumped about shooting the cartels?, Just curious.

I guess it's just how the cartels operate. The violence they inflict on others doesn't seem to be matched. So I'm glad I can virtually do that.

I'm very interested in this game due to being a Visceral fanboy. :)

Gamescon will show footage, they're asking what people wanna know. I'd like to see what gameplay tweaks they'll do to be honest, i wonder how Dead Space 3 and Army of Two 3 has progressed, are each team helping each other somehow? Like talking about AI and controls.

It's still largely being developed by the ones responsible for the first two games, EA Montreal have just been rebranded to Visceral Montreal.

Trailers

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel – Debut Gameplay

EA has released the first gameplay trailer for Visceral Game's Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, featuring plenty of explosions and a ton of destruction. The two new stars of the game are Alpha and Bravo, employees of paramilitary outfit Tactical Worldwide Operations

Army of Two: Devil's Cartel

GC 2012: Overstrike Walkthrough (Stream)

The more you kill, the more you Overkill! Check out the new Army of Two in action at gamescom 2012 in Germany!

source:EPD.tV/ ROTR & GT

Last edited:

Trailers

EA has released the first gameplay trailer for Visceral Game's Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, featuring plenty of explosions and a ton of destruction. The two new stars of the game are Alpha and Bravo, employees of paramilitary outfit Tactical Worldwide Operations

The more you kill, the more you Overkill! Check out the new Army of Two in action at gamescom 2012 in Germany!

Looks pretty bad ass.

It's still largely being developed by the ones responsible for the first two games, EA Montreal have just been rebranded to Visceral Montreal.

Actually, most of the team working on this game were not part of the last two titles. Theres an article about the game in GameInformer and it talked about that. Granted the two studios are next door, but most of the team is new.

Trailers

Well if there's one thing we can say, the shooting and explosion details have really improved from second game. The gameplay looks marvelous. Can't wait to see what type of customizations can be made to the masks for SP. If there are any at least...But still, looks awesome. Can't wait!

They can't go from the level of mask customization that was in the second one, to none at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"