Co-op Lovers

Wolvieboy17

Anthropomorphic Clock
Reaction score
They said I was crazy, they said it couldn't be done... I showed them! Mwuahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa...

Seriously though, this is a thread for all people who love Co-op. A thread to discuss all games that feature co-op and all games that SHOULD feature co-op.

In an industry dominated by online Multiplayer, some people enjoy a casual, social jaunt with a couple of friends.

So to kick things off, what are the co-op games we know are coming out this year?

Dead Space 3
FUSE
Lego Marvel
Gears of War Judgement
Army of Two: The Devils Cartel
Aliens: Colonial Marines

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll add any more as they come.

Last edited:
I plan to complete every co-op game out there! If a game has co-op I don't play it solo until mates are ready to play. Have a number of co-op campaigns in various states of progress at the moment.. 2, 3 & 4 player. LOTR War in the North, Halo 4, Resident Evil 5, Operation Racoon City, Dungeon Siege 3, The First Templar, Warhammer, Syndicate, 50 Cent: BotS, both Borderlands, both Marvel Ultimate Alliance, both Rainbow Six & Brink (JP).

Nothing touches the co-op of all 3 Gears games though for me. It's what got me back into gaming. And I'm also a massive fan of co-op modes like Horde, Zombies (which I'm terrible at lol), Survival & Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

Yeah, I agree with you about Gears. Often, I can tell if someone isn't a fan of the Gears games then I know they're more of a single player or online Multiplayer gamer. No co-op fan could have a bad word to say about Gears. It was the first series (and still mainly one of the ONLY series) where I felt like every player was on equal footing in terms of inhabiting a different and unique character.

I would love to have that in even more games. I was really disappointed to find out The Last of Us wasn't co-op. That looked like it would have been phenomenal.

I think I'd love to see them nail the open world co-op game. We've done Saints Row so far, in terms of the mechanics and freedom but I'd love one of the immersive, heavily character driven open world games to give it a go. Rockstar, I'm looking at you. You make a GTA game based around 3 characters and you can't make it co-op? Shame on you! :p

Oh yeah that's a big one!

You just reminded me too, Spec Ops: The Line DEF should have had co op.

Wish Army of Two had been a better game though. I didn't finish it in co-op before the servers went down and haven't gone back to it to finish in solo. A much worse game when you take the co-op out!

I think he was referring to the new one coming out this year :)

Aliens is gonna have co-op right?
Gearbox has some GREAT lore to work with to make an awesome co-op game. Im hoping they pull it off.

Does a threesome count?

[blackout]just kidding[/blackout]

Yeah, Aliens as another one. I feel like we haven't seen much of that ones co-op

Did they ever put out a patch for the new Double Dragon game on PSN/Xbox Live for it to have online co-op? My brother and I bought that game blindly as we assumed it HAD to have online co-op being a DOWNLOADABLE DOUBLE DRAGON game, but unfortunately it did not.

I believe the developers claimed a patch was on the way when it fist came out but I can't seem to find anything when i search. Also, I'm too lazy to turn on my PS3 and check within the game itself.

I was actually looking into that recently, and from what I gather the game didn't sell enough to justify working on it. Shame.

I was actually looking into that recently, and from what I gather the game didn't sell enough to justify working on it. Shame.

That sucks. It probably didn't sell enough because people heard it didn't have online co-op. If I had realized that or thought to check before buying the game I would have waited. A mistake on my part but a major fail on there's, if you ask me. You just can't make an online Double Dragon game and not give it day one online co-op. It makes no sense!

I think he was referring to the new one coming out this year :)
Ah yeah, hopefully that one is a lot better. Is that going to be 2 or 4 player? Thought I heard something about Army of 4 at some point.

Yeah, I agree with you about Gears. Often, I can tell if someone isn't a fan of the Gears games then I know they're more of a single player or online Multiplayer gamer. No co-op fan could have a bad word to say about Gears. It was the first series (and still mainly one of the ONLY series) where I felt like every player was on equal footing in terms of inhabiting a different and unique character.

I would love to have that in even more games. I was really disappointed to find out The Last of Us wasn't co-op. That looked like it would have been phenomenal.

I think I'd love to see them nail the open world co-op game. We've done Saints Row so far, in terms of the mechanics and freedom but I'd love one of the immersive, heavily character driven open world games to give it a go. Rockstar, I'm looking at you. You make a GTA game based around 3 characters and you can't make it co-op? Shame on you! :p
Yeah & inclusion of co-op doesn't have to detract from single player. The game should be designed to be fun in either single or multiplayer. And agreed on what you said earlier about Bulletstorm. Really confusing why they didn't include co-op on that one.

Yeah & inclusion of co-op doesn't have to detract from single player. The game should be designed to be fun in either single or multiplayer. And agreed on what you said earlier about Bulletstorm. Really confusing why they didn't include co-op on that one.

Thats why i think Dead Space 3 could be the bench mark for co-op(at least coming from the horror genre). They arent just throwing in a faceless character for you to pal around with nor are they throwing a poorly coded AI character whose gonna be with you at all times(yes im looking at you RE5 and 6). They are crafting two different experiences and i cant wait to check that out.

Thats why i think Dead Space 3 could be the bench mark for co-op(at least coming from the horror genre). They arent just throwing in a faceless character for you to pal around with nor are they throwing a poorly coded AI character whose gonna be with you at all times(yes im looking at you RE5 and 6). They are crafting two different experiences and i cant wait to check that out.
What exactly are they doing? Haven't kept up with that game.

What exactly are they doing? Haven't kept up with that game.

Well like if you play by yourself, Carver(your co op buddy) will still be in the game, but the story will be altered in a way that explains why he isnt with you and if ya play in co-op the story will be altered to explain why both of you are together. So they are giving you different experiences without sacrificing any story. So its not like Halo were another random ass Master Chief is with you nor is it like RE5 where you are forced to have a partner with you. And of course both players are battling the markers influence so each player will be experiencing things the other play may not.

Yeah, sounds good. That's exactly the approach developers should be taking.

Dead Island was a great co-op game. Not nearly as much fun in solo. Although it's much better with friends than randoms. Looking forward to doing Riptide with the same people (might not be possible :csad:).

Fave co-op games

New Super Mario Bros
Perfect Dark (Especially the campaign mode. I was so happy and surprised it existed)
Call of Duty zombie modes
Saints Row the Third
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing(though I hate you have to do co-op campaign to get points to unlock multiplayer plus the fact there's no cheats to get around it.)

Games that should be co-op
Batman: Arkham City
Resident Evil game remakes

Wow, didn't know some of those had co-op. Glad I didn't start Perfect Dark or James Bond yet in that case. (have owned Perfect Dark for like 5 years lol)

Would love an Arkham game in co-op. They already have 4 playable characters to an extent so maybe the next game will have something. Would like it in RE but needs to better executed than RE5.

Yeah, Perfect Dark 64 was ahead of its time.
The James Bond game while it had a co-op campaign mode, you don't play as Bond in it, you select from 4 random made for game characters. I think once characters are unlocked you can play as them though.

And yeah, when I said I wished that AC was co-op in the Arkham City thread, all I got was hate at the idea, that it would "ruin the gameplay flow"
It was stupid.

And yeah, when I said I wished that AC was co-op in the Arkham City thread, all I got was hate at the idea, that it would "ruin the gameplay flow"
It was stupid.

Thats because that idea was stupid. Outside of the challenge maps, it wouldnt help the story, it would of only impeded what Rocksteady wanted to do in the first place. Im not saying bringing co-op into the series is a bad idea, but for the first 2 games it would of been terrible considering they weren't designed with that in mind.

Last edited:
This thread is way less sexy than I expected from reading the title :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"