Arrested Development: The Movie

stlblues84

Civilian
Reaction score
Arrested Development Movie in Development!
Source: E! Online
February 2, 2008

Kristen at E! Online was told by Jason Bateman that "the creative minds behind 'Arrested Development' (Mitch Hurwitz and Ron Howard) have put the wheels in motion toward a major motion picture of the Fox TV comedy so many of us adore. I'm told by insiders that Jason and other Bluth family members have received calls from producers (Hurwitz and Howard) asking if they would be willing to shoot a movie."

"I can confirm that a round of sniffing has started," Bateman said. "Any talk is targeting a poststrike situation, of course. I think, as always, that it's a question of whether the people with the money are willing to give our leader, Mitch Hurwitz, what he deserves for his participation. And I can speak for the cast when I say our fingers are crossed."

She adds that other cast members were called and that everyone seems to be very much on board and excited by the prospect.

It's been rumored since the show went off the air two years ago, but it looks the Arrested Development movie is finally a go. While in the UK to promote his upcoming role in the Will Smith vehicle Hancock, costar Jason Bateman let slip that the embattled Bluths are finally reuniting on the big screen:

A big-screen version of Arrested Development is planned for next year. “When it was on TV, if you missed one word the whole third act could be blown for you. And TV is a different experience. You come home and you've got to finish a call so you miss the first ten minutes or you get snacky and you go to the fridge and you miss another two minutes, so it's a different experience to film.”

While the cult sitcom may not be able to hit Sex and the City heights on its way to movieplexes, Bateman says it can still claim foreign appeal:

“Arrested Development played late at night in England, so I got a lot of coke addicts and meth freaks. Great. So you've seen me but you just don't remember me.” When I suggest that will change since he is in so many films now, he quips again. “So I am a ****e, too.”

Nonsense, Jason. Everyone knows that Lindsay was the ****e.

I need some bananas and nuts. :yay:

Even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up and go see this movie 100 times in a row.

Hell Yeah!!!!!

Can't wait. Best show that nobodoy watched.

YAY
gob3jy0hb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"