• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

As of Sunday, Nintendo Wii at $199

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Nintendo will drop the price of the Wii in the U.S. to $199 on Sunday, Sept. 27. That's this Sunday.

Marked down from $250, the best-selling system will retain it's original Wii Sports bundle. The new price is on par with the Xbox 360 Arcade and $100 cheaper than the recently released PS3 Slim.

The price drop is only valid in the U.S., so everyone else will simply have to wait to see what Nintendo does in other territories.

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/nintendo_announces_official_us_wii_price_drop

So? Wii's are lame sauce. In a year, the Xbox will have the same motion controls and more. The Wii would be better if it didn't have last gen graphics. Plus, they are already discussing and probably already building the next Nintendo anyways, which I think will be released next Holiday season from internet rumblings.

Yeah...I own one....but hardly play it. Or much video games these days. Mostly online talking to people or being bored or working out or shooting basketball.

I actually prefer the PS3 over the Wii, cause I like the old school controls. Although zombie games on the Wii are nice.

So? Wii's are lame sauce. In a year, the Xbox will have the same motion controls and more. The Wii would be better if it didn't have last gen graphics. Plus, they are already discussing and probably already building the next Nintendo anyways, which I think will be released next Holiday season from internet rumblings.

Stop being a hater, Chaseter! :mad:

My cousin had a Wii. It was fun for about a month, like Guitar Hero. It just got old quick and he sold it. Everything was too kiddy for me, but that is their demographic. I had a Gamecube but the Wii's graphics suck so said nu uh.

I got my Wii for Smash Brothers. And Mario Galaxy. Mario Kart. No More Heroes. Zelda. Virtual Console.

Beyond that, there's nothing to love.

:ninja:
*fires up Wii and plays Smash Bros.*

I'm buying 5. And only throwing 3 out the window of my friend's 5th floor apartment.

Wii Sports is still the most entertaining game on the Wii.

I suspect the Wii is better for families, but that the X-box and PS3 are both better for serious gamers.

On one hand, you get some more serious mature games the 360/PS3, but on the Wii you get no doubt about it, the most iconic characters of video games alongside some just generally fun experiences (Wii Sports, etc). But aside from those games, everything else the Wii has to offer you are better off purchasing on the 360 or PS3.

That's still $150 too much for a glorified Nintendo GameCube...

anyone want mine... 50 bucks

I hate my Wii.... played it for about a month, in the closet now

I got a Wii as a hand me down gift. I've never turned it on.

I don't think any Wii title has surpased or even come close to Resident Evil 4's graphics for the Gamecube... am i wrong?

Graphics are kind of an overrated method to rating games.

Metroid Prime Trilogy had some good graphics. But they were all GameCube graphics.

I'm picking one up then. I've been waiting for the price to drop, and it's honestly more fun to play online with people on this system because people are asshats on PSN and Live.

I got a Wii for the Nintendo franchises, Zelda, Mario Galaxy and Kart, Metroid, Punch Out, none of those games was disappointed. Also a small number of the third party titles are good, Raving Rabbids, Zack and Wiki, then the ports like Resident Evils and Okami, plus the Virtual Console. It's everything I expected it to be, definitely worth the $250. Got the Wii for all those games and X-Box for the more "mature" games, each console has it's positive and negatives.

I think since both PS3 and 360 dropped $100 on their most expensive model, Wii should have done likewise and brings it down to $150. I used to play Wii, until I got a 360 and about the only thing I still play occasionally on Wii is Wii Fit. I've been thinking about getting Wii Sports Resort and Punch Out, but I think I'll wait until they are in the bargain bin.

I think since both PS3 and 360 dropped $100 on their most expensive model, Wii should have done likewise and brings it down to $150. I used to play Wii, until I got a 360 and about the only thing I still play occasionally on Wii is Wii Fit. I've been thinking about getting Wii Sports Resort and Punch Out, but I think I'll wait until they are in the bargain bin.

That's one thing that really bugs me about both Wii and DS, the don't discount games. Mario Galaxy is still going for $50, I think it's been almost 2-3 years since it was released. I wanted to get New Super Mario Bros to play on a trip I took, but that's still $35. C'mon start taking the price down on some of those first party titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"