Infinity War Asgardians (Infinity War Spoilers)

Not surprised you're here to argue against my perspective.

Ya, let's just skip over a group of people who are more powerful than any Avenger or any Guardian. The mere fact that Thanos wiped the floor with them set a strange precedent for the rest of the film - especially as he acquired all the other stones.

Huh? They aren't more powerful than Hulk who we saw get his ass handed to him. Plus the Black Order was there so it's not hard to imagine they killed some of them.

I actually thought this was more ominous and intense. What more powerful an image could we open on than loads of dead Asgardians and Thor basically helpless? Couple that with Maw's dialogue, wonderful opening.

I thought the opening sequence was brilliant....we are all kind of conditioned to hear the upbeat Marvel theme music when the title card rolls to kinda get us in the mood for a fun, happy movie and it was dark and foreboding. Perfect way to start this movie. Made the lighter moments of the film even more effective, IMO.

I like the opening very much with the distress signal and the “Statesman” being bombarded. I was not a fan of catching the action only midway through the hole thing. Also they needed a bit more explaining to do on what happened to Valkyrie, Korg, Miek and the rest of the asguardians. Hopefully we get all of that in a Thor 4.

I like the opening very much with the distress signal and the “Statesman” being bombarded. I was not a fan of catching the action only midway through the hole thing. Also they needed a bit more explaining to do on what happened to Valkyrie, Korg, Miek and the rest of the asguardians. Hopefully we get all of that in a Thor 4.
You rather wait all the way to Thor 4 to find that out? I think when looking for allies we might find that out in A4.

Huh? They aren't more powerful than Hulk who we saw get his ass handed to him. Plus the Black Order was there so it's not hard to imagine they killed some of them.

OK my bad, the Hulk included. That group getting their collective arses kicked like that conflicts with what I watched transpire during the rest of the film - especially with how the Black Order got nerfed to suit the needs of the fight sequences with the Avengers, as well as various Thanos fights.

You rather wait all the way to Thor 4 to find that out? I think when looking for allies we might find that out in A4.
I would like to wait until T4 because that would mean we would be having another Thor movie.

I really wish Sif made an appearance. It's high time they get to shipping her and Thor. IW would be s good start to that considering what's happened.
I'm pretty sure at this point that any romance for Thor will come in the form of Valkyrie, rather than Sif.

Hasn't Tessa Thompson been seen on the Infinity War/Sequel set though? That being the case, Valkyrie (and Korg/Miek) will likely show up in the Infinity War sequel, rather than Thor 4.

You can see it docked on top of the bigger ship at the end. It's how Loki gets to and from the palace so swiftly.
My mistake. I didn't see it.

For me the only merging of the Order was that moment when Cap, Widow and Falcon show up. They were ragdolling VISION but three very non bullet proof humans, powers and weapons or not, over power two of Thanos' elite? I say it doesn't pass the smell test the way they presented it.

That sequence still doesn't sit well with me. The Russos missed out on prime opportunity by not showing that battle and what happened with half the ship's people. I was shocked they didn't.

I don't think they missed anything. I think, they are saving that battle as a flashback for the next Thor movie I have a funny feeling is coming down the pipe. Thor as a character and the direction of his story has finally hit all the right marks, and if I was Fiege and Disney, I wouldn't stop now, but continue to build on this momentum they got going.

Chris has hit his stride as Thor inIW. If Evans and RdJ are out after A4 fine, but I think they should do a THOR 4 for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"