Infinity War "How do you know what happened during the parts you weren't there for?" IW Spoilers

Chance Jackson

Sidekick
Reaction score
-How could the Gladiators & Asgardians including Thor & maybe Valkyrie get punked so badly by the Black Order Without at least significantly injuring Corvus or Proxima first unless the missile bombardment was responsible for killing most of the Asgardians

*Loki, a Tiny Frost Giant, is about on par with the average Asgardian Soldier and he can more or less "No Sell" a fight with Captain America. Who can almost no sell a fight with Widow who can move fast enough to keep up with Proxima

-Where was Hulk before Loki's "We have a Hulk" callback to Avengers 1?

-Why did Heimdall save Hulk instead of Thor did the all father's actually give him strength from beyond or is that just an expression, did heimdall or the all fathers send Hulk to Strange with intent?

-Thor tells the Guardians that Thanos stole the Power Stone from Xandar a week ago before slaughtering half of Thor's people but how could Thor possibly know that Thanos stole it from Xandar a week ago. Did Thanos tell him as part of some villain monologue the Audience never heard? That's the only explanation for why Thor would know but the Guardians don't

-How could Thanos possibly have known the Guardians would go to Knowhere? They would not have if they didn't meet up with Thor

-Other than the Mind and Power Stones how did Thanos know where the other Stones were?

-At what point did Thor Realize there was another Infinity stone on Earth other than the Mind Stone?(Refresh my memory did Thanos discuss it before blowing up the Ship?)

-How long ago did Thanos have the Gauntlet made? Is that the post credit scene from AoU not in continuity? (like the one in Thor 1)

-When Thanos Raptured the Whole Universe did that include civilizations he had already halfed? or those in alternate dimensions?

Pre IW:
I thought Loki grabbed the Tesseract as a bargaining chip for any future encounters with the Mindstone but he was reluctant to give it to Thanos was all of the schemes just to keep stones from Thanos?

-How did Thanos open a Space stone portal "from the other side" to push Loki through it? (Exploiting the Sceptre???)

-Did Loki realize the Mind Stone was contained within the Sceptre?

- I assumed that Thor didn't use the lightning on the ship because it would destroy the ship. I'm also going to assume that Thanos did a fair bit of the damage that we see. Ultimately, I think they served as a distraction to ensure some of the Asgardians got away. They took on Thanos and the Black Order expecting defeat, but hoping to ensure some of their people survived.

- Hulk was probably sent to ensure the evacuation was protected.

- Because they needed a way to get Banner back to Earth for the plot.

- I assumed Thanos gave an off screen monologue, combined with Loki informing them of some things. That's how Banner knew so much even though he wasn't there while Thanos was talking

- Reality stone shenanigans.

- He knew mind was on Earth because Loki lost it, power on Xandar because Ronan lost it. He didn't know where the soul stone was. I assume he knew about Agamotto and somehow knew the time stone ended up on Earth. I assume that someone who escaped when the Collector's collection exploded spoke about him having the reality stone and word got back to Thanos.

- Thanos told the Black Order "there are two more infinity stones on Earth. Find them" before he blew up the ship.

- I assume the civilizations he already halved would be spared.

As for the Pre-IW, I don't think we'll know that until Avengers 4 at least.

- I assumed that Thor didn't use the lightning on the ship because it would destroy the ship. I'm also going to assume that Thanos did a fair bit of the damage that we see. Ultimately, I think they served as a distraction to ensure some of the Asgardians got away. They took on Thanos and the Black Order expecting defeat, but hoping to ensure some of their people survived.

- Hulk was probably sent to ensure the evacuation was protected.

- Because they needed a way to get Banner back to Earth for the plot.

- I assumed Thanos gave an off screen monologue, combined with Loki informing them of some things. That's how Banner knew so much even though he wasn't there while Thanos was talking

- Reality stone shenanigans.

- He knew mind was on Earth because Loki lost it, power on Xandar because Ronan lost it. He didn't know where the soul stone was. I assume he knew about Agamotto and somehow knew the time stone ended up on Earth. I assume that someone who escaped when the Collector's collection exploded spoke about him having the reality stone and word got back to Thanos.

- Thanos told the Black Order "there are two more infinity stones on Earth. Find them" before he blew up the ship.

- I assume the civilizations he already halved would be spared.

As for the Pre-IW, I don't think we'll know that until Avengers 4 at least.
a lot of that seems reasonable especially the bolded, that said I can't see how Thanos knew the time stone was on earth especially when it appears the Asgardians didn't know

Wait I know Thor said half his ppl survived. I just don't understand how. Was there really a successful escape pod?

Wait I know Thor said half his ppl survived. I just don't understand how. Was there really a successful escape pod?

Well, I'm just assuming stuff here, but maybe Heimdell, who can see things far away, could see Thanos attacking Xandar, so it gave Thor enough time to gather the weak, and non fighters, probably along with Valkerie, and the others, and had them escape to another part of the galaxy. (Part of me has in my mind that those who escaped, fled to a safe place set up by Lady Sif)

I'm hoping we will either see this be better explained in either an extended BluRay, or perhaps Thor's story isn't finished yet (considering his latest movie made mad money at the box office) and we might be surprised to another trio of Thor movies, and maybe the possible next movie opens up with the fight with Thanos.

I think Hulk was sent because he was the closest. Distance probably played a part in that, plus Thor was ready to attack Thanos though it did nothing.

-How could the Gladiators & Asgardians including Thor & maybe Valkyrie get punked so badly by the Black Order Without at least significantly injuring Corvus or Proxima first unless the missile bombardment was responsible for killing most of the Asgardians

The Asgardians on the ship weren't warriors for the most part and a lot of the Gladiators from Sakaar got killed by Hela's army. If Hela's army was giving them a hard time then there's no way they'd be any match for Thanos and the Black Order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"