• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asia-Pacific News Thread

The Taiwan stuff is just for show, the USA doesn't have the resources to fight China, particularly after the debacles in Ukraine and Gaza. Soon, US soft power will sufficiently decay as well.

Taiwan will rejoin China within a decade, and do so by walking through the front door.

Last edited:

Girls starting school early could boost fertility rate: [South Korea] state-backed agency report​

Report suggests policy measures to help enhance sexual attractiveness​

Rather than dealing with the failures of patriarchy and capitalism they double down on it all.

Girls starting school early could boost fertility rate: [South Korea] state-backed agency report​

Report suggests policy measures to help enhance sexual attractiveness​

Rather than dealing with the failures of patriarchy and capitalism they double down on it all.

It is interesting that so many seemingly different countries are having a hard time raising their fertility rates.

Pentagon ran secret anti-vax campaign to undermine China during pandemic​

The U.S. military launched a clandestine program amid the COVID crisis to discredit China's Sinovac inoculation – payback for Beijing's efforts to blame Washington for the pandemic. One target: the Filipino public. Health experts say the gambit was indefensible and put innocent lives at risk.
The military program started under former President Donald Trump and continued months into Joe Biden's presidency, Reuters found – even after alarmed social media executives warned the new administration that the Pentagon had been trafficking in COVID misinformation. The Biden White House issued an edict in spring 2021 banning the anti-vax effort, which also disparaged vaccines produced by other rivals, and the Pentagon initiated an internal review, Reuters found.

Pentagon ran secret anti-vax campaign to undermine China during pandemic​

From an imperialist point of view, the West has been doing very well in the Philippines.

Though personally I am anti-inperialism so I don't think that's worth destroying lives. I would have preferred if those resources had been invested into making the best possible vaccine, and winning in the marketplace of ideas.

Last edited:
Given the US track record on labor (esp child labor), this looks a little bit like the pot calling the kettle black. Now clearly, it's not of the same quality and Uyghur labor should be an outrage to every sentient human being (and, no, I'm not talking to the GOP), but can we PLEASE clean up our own house AND slam this kind of treatment of workers from these dictatorial economic policies? I don't chew on bubble gum, but am pretty sure I can walk while doing it. This s*** just disgusts me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"