Atonement Trailer Revealed

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19851

Source: Universal Pictures
April 12, 2007

The new trailer for director Joe Wright's Atonement has been revealed at Empire Online. The film, opening in North America on December 7, stars Keira Knightley, James McAvoy, Romola Garai, Vanessa Redgrave and Brenda Blethyn.

The classic British romance reunites the filmmakers of Pride & Prejudice. In the film, based on the award-winning best-selling 2002 novel, fledgling writer Briony Tallis, as a 13-year-old, irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister's (Knightley) lover (McAvoy) of a crime he did not commit.

Watch the trailer in various formats here!

Looks good :up:

James McAvoy's career is rising rapidly. One minute he's on British TV, playing fawns and having small parts. The next he's taking lead roles with people like Keira Knightly and Angelina Jolie!

looks great IMO

Looks pretty good,i like the cinematography but why is McAvoy's seemingly not fighting in the war in any of the clips ? he is just walking around watching.

Wow, looks epic. Knightley was superb in Pride and Predjudice, this looks to be another, good for her.

the cinematography for the movie looks awesome, but it looks like a chick flick.

And it looks like kiera may get naked in this one. But I probably won't watch til it goes in dvd or cable.

April 9, 2007
(BANG) - Keira Knightley's feet are so ugly she reportedly had a foot double in her latest film.
Article Tools

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star alleged used a stand in for close-ups of her feet in WWII film 'Atonement' because her own were so unattractive.
A source told Britain's Closer magazine: "Keira's feet were too big and veiny. She thought it was really funny."

This isn't the first time the actress has used a body double for a movie.
The 21-year-old has already had her cleavage digitally enhanced for the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' posters and used a body double for her steamy sex scenes in 'Domino'.

She appears topless as the wife of a 19th century silkworm smuggler in new movie 'Silk' - only to have her breasts belittled.

A source revealed: "Keira is nude in a couple of scenes, in one she leans over her husband with her gown gaping open and he remarks that her breasts are small and like a little girl's."

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2007/04/09/keira_knightleys_foot_double/

April 9, 2007
(BANG) - Keira Knightley's feet are so ugly she reportedly had a foot double in her latest film.
Article Tools

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star alleged used a stand in for close-ups of her feet in WWII film 'Atonement' because her own were so unattractive.
A source told Britain's Closer magazine: "Keira's feet were too big and veiny. She thought it was really funny."

The 21-year-old has already had her cleavage digitally enhanced for the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' posters and used a body double for her steamy sex scenes in 'Domino'.

She appears topless as the wife of a 19th century silkworm smuggler in new movie 'Silk' - only to have her breasts belittled.

A source revealed: "Keira is nude in a couple of scenes, in one she leans over her husband with her gown gaping open and he remarks that her breasts are small and like a little girl's."

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2007/04/09/keira_knightleys_foot_double/

Ewwwwwww that's disappointing:csad:

April 9, 2007
Article Tools

I do love that they say she had the digitally enhanced for PotC when that was reported for King Arthur... not POTC... wow.

Couldn't find any threads about Atonement, but came across this one. I know the last post is a month old, but I recently watched this movie. So I feel like postin.

Got a preview screening for free with my girlfriend last night, and I didn't really anticipate much. I just labeled it a chick flick, and still watched it due to it being free.

So, my verdict? Damn, it was a good movie :up:

It was superbly shot, with some beautiful looking images. The acting was solid, especially from James McAvoy.

I wanted Forest Whitaker to appear in this movie though, with his ever famous 'you are scottish?!' line. I loved that movie.

Anyway, I loved everything about this movie. I won't say so much to the people who haven't watched it, but everything is not as it seems. The ending is pretty tear jerking...almost had me in tears. I hardly cry, either.

Really, I just wanted to note that people should watch this movie. I loved it, and hopefully others shall.

Thanks for the review! Love the book, almost done with it now and can't wait for the movie. looks every good. !!!

btw sugarculted... Oscar potential??? Can we hope for Keira and/or James to get a nod??? or do u think there is a possiblity of one in any category??? How was Dario Marianelli's score????

Thanks for the review! Love the book, almost done with it now and can't wait for the movie. looks every good. !!!

btw sugarculted... Oscar potential??? Can we hope for Keira and/or James to get a nod??? or do u think there is a possiblity of one in any category??? How was Dario Marianelli's score????

Oscar potential? Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. It was that good in my opinion. Hopefully James will receive something for his brilliant acting.

The score was nice, but that's not something I admittedly note in a movie. I don't dismiss, I just don't have a personal opinion on that.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=37095

543q63p.jpg

63cyk4l.jpg

6d2hjtc.jpg

I saw the movie some hours ago. Nice not great, the right blend of melodrama and humor of the first half gets lost to nearly total drama as the movie progresses. Still worth the ticket price.

I saw the movie some hours ago. Nice not great, the right blend of melodrama and humor of the first half gets lost to nearly total drama as the movie progresses. Still worth the ticket price.
The UK must be one of the last getting this, it's not out here until December.

I hear from sources that it is amazing and is on my must-see list for the year.

Looks like the next excellent performance for Knightley after P&P and McAvory looks phenomenal. I hear Joe Wright is a shoe-in for a nomination for best direction and the trailer is very impressive.

McAvoy shined the most throughout, in my personal opinion.

That she is. Then again, most of the performances were flawless.

The trailer's been circulating for a while over here, it looks like James McAvoy will show his wonderful abilities again, looks like it'll be a decent enough film, not amazing though, but definately worth a watch for McAvoy's performance as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"