Atonement Trailer Revealed

No ***** sherlock, but if you're going to miss a chance on watching such a nice movie due to a small mind on movie genres...then shame on you. :csad:

Just because you are turned off by chick flicks don't mean you are small minded.
Personally I think they are god awful and so avoid them like the plague.

I call often tell if a film is going to suck before see it, and if it is a chick flick that is a sure sign.
For eg- the other night I had to go see Knocked Up w/ my gf. Despite it's posturings as a 'comedy' I knew it was a chick flick and that it would suck and not be funny, what d' ya know- I was right.

Atonement looks terrible, it amuses me that some guys like these films.
Bite me.

Just because you are turned off by chick flicks don't mean you are small minded.
Personally I think they are god awful and so avoid them like the plague.

I call often tell if a film is going to suck before see it, and if it is a chick flick that is a sure sign.
For eg- the other night I had to go see Knocked Up w/ my gf. Despite it's posturings as a 'comedy' I knew it was a chick flick and that it would suck and not be funny, what d' ya know- I was right.

Atonement looks terrible, it amuses me that some guys like these films.
Bite me.

Knocked Up is a chick flick, and you didn't find it funny?
...erm, eh?!

Atonement looks terrible? I for one can't stand chick flicks, and this movie shined as the best movie I've seen all year. Just give it a chance, to ignore such a well shot movie due to the fact you think it's just for girls is daft.

I'm not going to go on, because it all boils down to personal preference.
But yours, kinda sucks, by the look of things.

Knocked Up is a chick flick, and you didn't find it funny?
...erm, eh?!

Atonement looks terrible? I for one can't stand chick flicks, and this movie shined as the best movie I've seen all year. Just give it a chance, to ignore such a well shot movie due to the fact you think it's just for girls is daft.

I'm not going to go on, because it all boils down to personal preference.
But yours, kinda sucks, by the look of things.

So you don't think Knocked Up was a chick flick fair enough, I did see through it's attempted disguise as a comedy. Reviews claimed it appealed to guys and girls in equal parts but that was not true.
It was a snoozefest.

Now consider this- If I found Knocked up to be a snoozefest, I think it is fair to say Atonement would not appeal to me. Not that I imagine the two films are anything like each other, but period pieces about love storys bore the s-hit out of me. Plus they suck.

To say my preference 'kinda sucks' because I don't like chick flicks and chick flicks disguised as un-funny comedy's is acutely simple minded.

I might have agreed with you about four years ago, but now? I dunno. I thought Pride and Prejudice was excellent, and this looks almost as good.

I can almost feel my balls dropping of as I type this though.

Uuuhhhhh. [Deep Voice] Shoot E'm Up Looks ace! Transporter was awesome![/dv]

You're such a manly man.
Can you lift a bucket full of water with your erected penis?

Why do you feel the need to poke fun?
Is it because you feel intimidated/insecure that I don't like girly films like you do?

..seems like it.

I see more than 200 movies every year, coming from all the different parts of the world. I'm open minded.
Did you pre-order your copy of Transformers yet?

A good story and film is just that, Personally i enjoy all kinds of films, this looks like it may well be a good drama with quite an epic scope, that love is a central theme doesn't bother me.

I see more than 200 movies every year, coming from all the different parts of the world. I'm open minded.

Good for you.
I too am open minded but if I don't like certain type of film- then I don't like it.
Deal.

Did you pre-order your copy of Transformers yet?

Huh, what? you talking to me?
The recent Transformers film was an abomination.
The original film is far superior.

I'm a Knightley fan so I look forward to seeing her in any movie...hell I even suffered through Domino. I could care less how skinny she is she seems to have always been that thin. She is a damn fine actress in my opinion, way better than most of these lame poptarts out there, included overrated for now stiff Scarlett Johasson.

I saw this last night and I thought it was great, excellent cast and story and cried at the end! lol
But if you have a short attention span I wouldn't plan on seeing this as it takes a while for the story to get going.
Hope this helps!

Anyone who uses the phrase chick flick, shouldn't watch movies.

Yes, there are movies that are bad romantic comedies or Oscar bait traps (a la The Enlgish Patient) that are aimed at female audiences.

But then I see people praise movies in these forums that just aren't meant for guys but aren't especially good either. There are great musicals, romantic comedies and hstorical dramas.

Why are historical movies not directed by Christopher Nolan chick flicks? I've seen epeople who drool over The Departed (not one of Scorcesse's better efforts) refuse to watch The Age of Innocence or The Aviator, both of which run miles around The Departed, because "they're chick flicks."

Stupid ignorant term.

Anyone who uses the phrase chick flick, shouldn't watch movies.

Yes, there are movies that are bad romantic comedies or Oscar bait traps (a la The Enlgish Patient) that are aimed at female audiences.

But then I see people praise movies in these forums that just aren't meant for guys but aren't especially good either. There are great musicals, romantic comedies and hstorical dramas.

Why are historical movies not directed by Christopher Nolan chick flicks? I've seen epeople who drool over The Departed (not one of Scorcesse's better efforts) refuse to watch The Age of Innocence or The Aviator, both of which run miles around The Departed, because "they're chick flicks."

Stupid ignorant term.

No it ain't.

Perhaps some people's understanding of what defines a chick flick is ignorant, but not the actual term used to describe a type film aimed at a specific audience.

Huh, what? you talking to me?
The recent Transformers film was an abomination.
The original film is far superior.

Thank goodness for that. Regardless of the fact I have an acutely small mind, I at least agree with you there :o:up:

4uagbop.jpg

No ***** sherlock, but if you're going to miss a chance on watching such a nice movie due to a small mind on movie genres...then shame on you. :csad:
I've sat through everything from Gone With The Wind to The Notebook to Brokeback Mountain...i'm not closed minded about movies.

I've sat through everything from Gone With The Wind to The Notebook to Brokeback Mountain...i'm not closed minded about movies.

rofl waffles.
You sat through Brokeback Mountain? Yeah, not so closed minded then. Because when I heard about the sex scenes, I stayed well away.

rofl waffles.
You sat through Brokeback Mountain? Yeah, not so closed minded then. Because when I heard about the sex scenes, I stayed well away.
Too Bad, You missed Michelle Williams & Anne Hathaway's nude scenes.

So has anyone seen this or going to see this?

..you can read what I thought about the movie in the first page of this thread.

No one is talking about this...?

This movie was fantastic. I personally loved the ending, it felt right. The tracking shot on the beach was gorgeous to look at. I had no idea James McAvoy was that good of an actor.

I was going to see it today but it was sold out for the 3:55 show. Tomorrow I'll have another go at it.

Fantastic film. Everything was on point and I enjoyed the acting very much. And it had a very impressive steadicam shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"