• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Australian Race Driver Peter Brock dead!

Batman1939

Sidekick
Reaction score
Australian motor-sport legend Peter Brock is dead after his car hit a tree east of Perth today.

Brock was competing on the first day of the Targa West Rally when his vehicle hit a tree near the small community of Gidgegannup.

His co-driver has been taken to hospital but his condition is not known.

Brock was 61 years old. No other cars are believed to have been involved.

Known as 'Peter Perfect' and the 'King of the Mountain', Brock won the Bathurst 1000 nine times in the 1970s and 1980s and won the 1979 race by a record six laps.

He retired from full-time racing in 1997 but returned to Bathurst to win the 24-hour race in 2003.

http://cable.optusnet.com.au/news/story/abc/20060908/15/sport/1736510.inp

2 Aussie Icons dead in 4 days.

was he killed instantly? I can't find anything out.

Paul Hogan better be somewhere safe.

Im shocked :eek:

'Peter Perfect' is dead? :(

A second great Australian gone this week :down

Man-Thing said:
was he killed instantly? I can't find anything out.

Seems he was.

I hope he didnt suffer.... But looking at the pic of the crash I cant see how it killed him? Looked like a very minor crash.

Mentok said:
Seems he was.

I hope he didnt suffer.... But looking at the pic of the crash I cant see how it killed him? Looked like a very minor crash.
so did this
601c.jpg

wh00, thank God.
I read the title really quick and thought it said "Peter BUCK died". :eek:

If this **** happens in threes please let Rolf Harris go next! i hate that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"