Australia's New Prime Minister!

Avangarde

Avan a Good Time
Reaction score
The Labor Party is now in office under the leadership of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, the 26th Prime Minister of Australia. This ends John Howard's 12 year run in office, and IMO Australia's economy :csad:

http://ninemsn.com.au/

He seems to have a harder look on things,and plans to get the Austrailan troops out of Iraq and sign the Kyoto Protocall.I think things may be going good..

never in my life have i thought about Australian politics until...now. i feel the same

I consider the election to be a metaphor for whos more popular, George Bush (represented by Howard) or Tony Blair (Represented by Rudd)

So I'm very glad Rudd won. Now I just hope he's economically responsible. At least something tangible is being done about climate change now!

I consider the election to be a metaphor for whos more popular, George Bush (represented by Howard) or Tony Blair (Represented by Rudd)

So I'm very glad Rudd won. Now I just hope he's economically responsible. At least something tangible is being done about climate change now!

i think you meant Gordon Brown not Tony Blair, but even so, i think it was more likely won due to the changes to work place relations and the fact that Howard was old.

Glad Rudd won, he's still not anywhere near as green as the UN recommends nation states to be, but we'll see.

i think you meant Gordon Brown not Tony Blair, but even so, i think it was more likely won due to the changes to work place relations and the fact that Howard was old.

No, I meant Rudd in terms of policy making and in orating to the public. Labours new direction was also similar to Blairs government with similar slogans (New labour/New Leadership).

I'm also thinking it got to do with the inconsistancies of the Liberal leadership, Howard didn't know if he was staying or going for ages and you could tell there was a rift between him and Costello, but now that Howard has retired the Libs are going to be in a mess.

He seems to have a harder look on things,and plans to get the Austrailan troops out of Iraq and sign the Kyoto Protocall.I think things may be going good..

Yeah it seems like any leader who allied themselves with Bush has had a downfall. Spains José María Aznar, Britians Tony Blair and now Australia's Howard. It wasn't the Bush support alone that lost them their leadership but it definetly played a part in all of them.

Yeah but then again it was the little things for me as well like the way the Haneef case was handled and the way Hicks was forced to be silent until after the election.

Yeah it seems like any leader who allied themselves with Bush has had a downfall. Spains José María Aznar, Britians Tony Blair and now Australia's Howard. It wasn't the Bush support alone that lost them their leadership but it definetly played a part in all of them.

Actually, Aznar was expected to retire anyways and he would have had a successor. His party was expected to win anyways despite his support of Bush before the Madrid train bombings.

But yeah, Blair and Howard probably would have had smoother final terms and possibly their jobs if it weren't their support of Bush.

This is why new leaders keep their respective distance from Bush,and a more firm place when speaking to them.France's elected leader and Blair definately are like that.

Being Prime Mminister of Australia seems to be the political equivalent of the defence against the dark arts job at Hogwarts.

Australia has had four prime ministers since 2013.

Being Prime Mminister of Australia seems to be the political equivalent of the defence against the dark arts job at Hogwarts.

Australia has had four prime ministers since 2013.

That's what happens when you're in a country with Drop Bears, War Boys, Yara-ma-yha-who, and Tasmanian Devils.

Immortant Joe will be Prime Minster in 2016. Witness!

anigif_enhanced-18136-1416360523-1.gif

anigif_enhanced-2980-1416361031-1.gif

Haha he really looks like that guy too.

Anyway he can only be an improvement on Abbott. It's disappointing that he is not going to make marriage equality happen or come up with a plan for climate change but at least his head is in the right place and maybe post election he can do the right thing once he has proven himself to Australia's very dangerous right factions

Good to see the Mad Monk go.

He was (oh hang on) still is an idiot.

Turnbull is the best of both worlds IMHO. Socially left leaning, fiscally centrist leaning right. I don't understand why we haven't adopted marriage equality yet (Beyond Abbott being an awful scummy POS excuse of a human being) as it's an economically sound idea from the Lib party's perspective.

My guess is so as to not rock the boat with the far right of the party he's keeping to the platform of policies now.

Then when he's more solidified as a stable and popular leader with good poll #'s he will then look to change all those.

Just my estimates on his strategy regarding those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"