Babylon A.D.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/26/babylon-ad-director-mad-as-hell-calls-movie-stupid-fox-gut-less/

Kassovitz—best known for directing 1995’s Hate before shipping off to Hollywood to make Gothika—compares many of Babylon’s scenes to a “bad episode of 24.” He also feels the “stupidity and violence” takes away from the film’s underlying each-one-teach-one message about the future. So, how does Sunny Vin D feel about it?
“Am I even in the movie any more, or am I on the cutting room floor?” the actor joked.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/26/babylon-ad-director-mad-as-hell-calls-movie-stupid-fox-gut-less/

Kassovitz—best known for directing 1995’s Hate before shipping off to Hollywood to make Gothika—compares many of Babylon’s scenes to a “bad episode of 24.” He also feels the “stupidity and violence” takes away from the film’s underlying each-one-teach-one message about the future. So, how does Sunny Vin D feel about it?
“Am I even in the movie any more, or am I on the cutting room floor?” the actor joked.

Here's the original article: http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2008/08/babylon-ad-mathieu-kassovitz.php

"Fox was just trying to get a PG-13 movie. I'm ready to go to war against them, but I can't because they don't give a s--t." -Kassovitz

Yeah, that's the problem with Fox, they just don't care. The complacency is all over their films.

I should try sending them a complaint letter about a crappy movie of theirs (I'm thinking AvP:R). Just to see their response.

Well I was thinking of maybe seeing AD in theatres, but it really got raped in the reviews (27 out of 100 on Metacritic) so I think I'll be waiting for DVD....

6% on rottentomatoes...

officially the worst week this year

the biggest movies were
babylon ad 6%
and
disaster movie 0%

these movies are making me excited to see deathrace lol

I'll probably just see Dark Knight again lol.

6% on rottentomatoes...

officially the worst week this year

the biggest movies were
babylon ad 6%
and
disaster movie 0%

these movies are making me excited to see deathrace lol

AICN's Massawyrn ends his review perfectly :
This thing is just silly, a grotesque cinematic partial birth abortion unlike anything I’ve experienced. When Kassovitz said "It's pure violence and stupidity," he wasn’t lying. But he didn’t mean that in a cynical, eggheaded, pretentious director sort of way. It is utterly meaningless and only serves to make your brain hurt when it begins trying to be smart. It is kind of like what would happen if your thirteen-year-old brother watched Children of Men and got the money from FOX to make a better version of it. And I don’t mean that in a good way. Not at all. When Paul W.S. Anderson is making better science fiction than the French, you know something is terribly wrong with the world. Terribly wrong indeed.

Hahaha

Well I was thinking of maybe seeing AD in theatres, but it really got raped in the reviews (27 out of 100 on Metacritic) so I think I'll be waiting for DVD....
heh,I'm a sucker for bad sci-fi so I think I will still go see it. I'm reading the book right now,sortof...
Though I will go in seeing it with low expectations,and hope its not as bad as ppl say..Its a shame if it is,VinDiesal I like and hate seeing him get bad movie after bad movie.....

I still want to see this movie. And death race. LOL

Awe to bad, I was thinking about seeing it but if its getting so many horrible reviews than I'll think I'll pass. I'm with the other guy above me, think I'll just go see the Batman movie agian. Thanks for the heads up guys..Oh and one other last word;

Screw You Fox!!!

Here is a funny review that was on imdb.com , he also give it the maximum amount of stars :

The Vin Diesel, Hit-man, Explosion Movie, we have all been waiting for!, 27 August 2008

Author: h-longbaugh from United States

Let me just say, that they did it again! Cinematic GOLD! I saw this movie a few days ago and it's been on my mind ever since. I am telling everyone about it! Vin Diesel dives deep into his soul to pull off his role as a hit man who is a real tough brute even though you can tell there's a little something that may hint at him not being such a bad guy after all. He just does what he's paid to do which is to cause explosions and kill people. And THEN EXPLOSIONS ENSUE! and he has to take this girl to bad guys but realizes he shouldn't and then has to protect her which makes for some really good character development. There's also some really revolutionary slow motion action scenes WITH EXPLOSIONS and ROCKETS! And man, the soundtrack is so awesome. The theme song which is in the trailer perfectly original and not from any other movie ever. THEN EXPLOSIONS!

I saw the movie the other day and was wondering WTF happened,then I realized FOX happened...I've only read part of the book so I'm not totally sure of accuracy about it...
The movie had no flow whatso ever at all,felt soo chopped up and forced. I don't think they explained the reason for the girls condition that I remember of(if they did I must of been lulled to sleep),gave no backround on Toroup(Sp) character.
I hope the DVD will have all deleted scenes/extended version of it,and hopefully will have all the content..Though to be honest not sure it would help the movie that much..../sigh just irks me the movie had potential to be decent(not great though) movie...I did think the movie would be a better dvd movie than big screen when I saw it,think some movies are better on tv than bigscreen imo...

I saw this last week. I'm a Vin fan. I enjoyed Pitch Black, TCOR and was looking forward to seeing him back in the sci-fi game. Before I slash into it, I'll start with what I liked:

The Good
-They created a pretty convincing looking dystopian future
-Vin was pretty much Riddick in the film, which was fine by me
-Michelle Yeoh
-Action. Not bad. Wasn't mind blowing but I think it worked

The Bad
-The editing. It was horrible, it really made this film a mess
-The story. There were major holes throughout this thing and coupled with the editing it made me scratch my head. It just didn't make sense.
-The suits. Why would they put an incomplete film out in the theaters? It was disrespectful to the fans

I would like to see this movie, with deleted scenes restored because it looked like they cut a lot out of it, but I'm not paying money to see this again. Hopefully a director's cut will wind up in the video section of my library.

The deleted 10 minutes was obvious when I watched it.

I saw this last week. I'm a Vin fan. I enjoyed Pitch Black, TCOR and was looking forward to seeing him back in the sci-fi game. Before I slash into it, I'll start with what I liked:

The Good
-They created a pretty convincing looking dystopian future
-Vin was pretty much Riddick in the film, which was fine by me
-Michelle Yeoh
-Action. Not bad. Wasn't mind blowing but I think it worked

The Bad
-The editing. It was horrible, it really made this film a mess
-The story. There were major holes throughout this thing and coupled with the editing it made me scratch my head. It just didn't make sense.
-The suits. Why would they put an incomplete film out in the theaters? It was disrespectful to the fans

I would like to see this movie, with deleted scenes restored because it looked like they cut a lot out of it, but I'm not paying money to see this again. Hopefully a director's cut will wind up in the video section of my library.
QFT..
Far as putting an incomplete film out in theatres,well WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF FOX!!! They butchered this movie very badly,and it showed how much they actually know about movies....
I hope when it comes out on DVD we get all the deleted scenes put back as an extended version...I would like to see if it made any differences at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"