Bad Movies with Great Scores

luke1234

World Sick
Reaction score
It sucks when movies are bad, especially when they have great music that did everything it could to make the film better. There not always remembered because of the negative feedback the film gets. My favorite example of this is At Worlds End. This is one of the best Hans Zimmer scores ive heard. You can tell he poured his heart into that one. Another great score to a disappointing movie was Star Wars Episode 3. John Williams knew the stakes and he delivered. Name some bad films with incredible scores.

Pearl Harbor

Transformers, dont get me wrong i sorta like the movie but the score was so much better than the movie, i think the score helped the movie from being a total crapshoot

X-Men The Last Stand has one of the best scores in a superhero movie.

I didn't care for At World's End. I felt like it completely ruined the theme. Hell, I preferred DJ Tiesto's version of "He's a Pirate". At least it got the melody right.

Van Helsing's was pretty epic. I liked the opening and "Transylvanian Horses".

Star Wars prequels. John Williams' score was the only good part of those films.

if we are also talking about songs in movies then i want to say GI Joe, i know it hasnt came out yet but it looks really awful but i do like the song Undead by Hollywood Undead that was in the tv spot

Yes X3 is derfinatly up there. The score made it more bearable for me.

Episode 1, the dramatic entrance of Darth Maul and the sparking of the second side of the double sided lightsaber. Right then this dramatic score picks up for the battle.

The new Planet of the Apes score was good but the movie was forgettable with so much potential besides the Tim Roth performance and the make up.

I liked Batman Forever's as well, the movie sucked bawlz though.

Gangs of New York!!! The only good thing with that movie was DDL and the score!!!

I don't know about Transformers -- the score made the movie suck even more to me. I'm not a big fan of Jablonsky either...

Anyway -- another example would be Birth. Desplat's score is simply first-class, the movie is not.

Episode 1, the dramatic entrance of Darth Maul and the sparking of the second side of the double sided lightsaber. Right then this dramatic score picks up for the battle.

The new Planet of the Apes score was good but the movie was forgettable with so much potential besides the Tim Roth performance and the make up.

I liked Batman Forever's as well, the movie sucked bawlz though.

Agreed. Darth Maul and that score "Duel of the Fates" were really the only good things about that film.

Last edited:
Duel of the Fates is one of my favorite tunes to hum when I see two people fighting...

The Village and Lady in the Water. Didn't really mind the movies so much but those scores are incredible! James Newton Howard is amazing.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (besides the main theme), Fantastic Four, Ang Lee's Hulk

Beyond Rangoon... not to say it's an awful film, but the score (by Hans) is so much more memorable....

Star Wars prequels. John Williams' score was the only good part of those films.

On that note, I have to say I've also found Williams' score for Jaws 2 to be a fair sight better than the film itself.

Dragonball Evolution

You could tell Brian Tyler was a fan. His theme for Piccolo reminded me a lot of Piccolo's theme in the original Japanese anime.

I bet someone's gonna say that one Darren Aronofsky movie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"