Bad Robot Plans Alcatraz Series

Yeah, they've been pimping the Mustangs pretty hard on the show.

I have to agree with you on this point. The three main characters are just there. Without the inmates coming back there would be no reason to focus on them. There should be a reason and development as to why the main characters are important and we should care about them rather than just being tied to the weekly event of an inmate returning.

They setup some of her background in the pilot regarding her father and grandfather, now they just need to develop it more.

My favorite character is the warden. The actor is really good and there is so much mystery, creepiness, with the character that I can't get enough of him.

It's a good show but it isn't memorable just yet. I think it can be though because the cast is very good and the concept is also intriguing.
Ditto on all your points. Imo, the show needs work and some more creative inmates instead of different variations of serial killers. I also agree that the warden is the best character.

dat car chase, even had the green Volkswagen Beetle driving around at one point. a direct connection to bullitt.

Just saw the finale. Pretty good. I think it's pretty obvious that she's not dead and that her grand father stabbed her knowing she would heal. Look at how gently he laid her down.

Now that the room is unlocked..the mystery grows.

Hope we get a season 2.

Cancelled

Not particularly surprising, but a little sad. It could've been something special, but it just never lived up to it.

Edit: damn, Primal beat me to it.

Damn. :down I wasn't *that* into it, but it was just starting to get interesting.

As if I needed another reason to ***** about Fox.

Well...****. I guess we can just assume she died at the end then.

wonder if the creator will come out and say long term plans they had for the show and characters.

I stopped watching this around episode 5. I was very interested in the mystery, but I hate procedural shows so much I just couldn't stick with it. Too bad it got off to such a weak start. Lost really did pull off the slow burn mystery the best, and the setting was just right. It's hard to do the same with a procedural show, I guess.

Not surprising, I just found this show to be bad. Actually I found the parts "back in time" were the best part of the show.

I could not get over the bad acting though, and the fact they had to take a boat to get to and from their super secret (very bad looking) base.

The good news is with MOST of my shows cancelled...that leaves for time for gaming, less need for tv

I stopped watching after the first couple episodes when I realised it was just another procedural show. I liked the cast but they were not enough to hold my attention.

I liked it and thought it could get way awesome but oh well...it wasn't amazing anyways.

show took forever to get anyplace. which of course hurt it. I think it was episode 7 or 8 where they just tossed story at you because they realized they held it off for so long that they had to toss the audience a bone. shame by the time that happened, half the audience abandoned the show.

No surprise. It proves time and time again why ppl are starting to invest less and less time in network television and more in cable tv shows.They cancel these shows way too quickly.

Well at least i stil have Grimm.

No surprise. It proves time and time again why ppl are starting to invest less and less time in network television and more in cable tv shows.They cancel these shows way too quickly.

Except this wasn't good.

I kind of wish American tv would diversify. Stop trying to make everything into 5 year Babylon style series to hit that magic 100 syndication.

In the era of tv on DVD, having a 20 episode or 13 episode and done series that you can sell is just as important.

That doesn't necessarily apply to Alcatraz. It was just bad.

The show itself wasn't bad, it just needed time to get the right balance. The ingredients were all there.
Too bad.

NO SURPRISE

And nobody here should be surprised it got cancelled.

OK wait, so... they are not going to tell us what their plan was? Can't they just write an article saying "look, the experiments were this, and this and this"?
That's called cheating ¬¬

im sure somoene will ask them about it one day and they will tell us their long term plans had they got renewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"